A Rather Interesting Question About Malekith...?

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

At Drainial: I have a couple ideas on that, although this is largely on the part of the high elves.

1. All the child bearing age elves are getting sent to the front. Considering that the military might of the HE is coed, it means those who could father and those who could mother a child constantly put in a positioner where a lance can run them down. If you keep sending your young ones to die this way there are not going to be many grandkids running around.

I think the DE have solved this problem in the Malus Darkblade novels where DE women are only expected to go to battle in times of war. So they can stick around, raise the family, harass the slaves, poison her husband's enemies, and all the home maker thingies. They are also encouraged to have a number of suites they can have adult relations with while the men folk have to stay loyal to just the one woman (it's a sign of weakness to have multiple girlfriends/mistresses). Chances are a few babies are going to be produced in this method, thus a unit of 10 spearmen with sheilds is 70 points.

2. Long lived animals tend to have longer pregnancies, and take longer to mature into adult hood. Humans take about 9months to birth, and don't go through puberty (at least the growing armpit hair part of it) until they are between 9 and 16, give or take. Elves probably take longer.

3. This one is more hypothesis than theory, but they are forgoing marriage until latter. When they come of age, they go into the army or navy, and train, go to war, and try not get killed. They may be pushing back marriage until they feel they have their lives settled. And even then, this may either include push back having children if they tie the not or just like sharing a hut together, if not a complete lack of time for making them. It is common knowledge that it is harder to have children when a woman is past a certain age, and this may apply to elves as well.

Also to go along with Syjahel, Morathii has been a follower of the prince of pleasure for how long? I think he would have given his followers instructions on how to deal with an "oopsie."
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

I took someone's advice and asked Gav Thorpe and got this as a result.

My question - This is an awkward question, and I was reccomended to ask you. But uh, did Malekith ever have any liason with Elf maidens? I know Alith Anar did, and so did Tyrion and etc. I was just wondering if Malekith had also enjoyed the company of Elf maidens when he was young?

His answer - I would expect that Malekith had his romantic moments during his earlier life, although he might have been careful not to leave any children to complicate matters.

Just in case anyone wanted to see.
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

*raises a hand* sorry Gav, that was me.

But seriously, no need to be shy, it was your question :) Did you ask him anything else? I'd have a ton of questions about Dark Elf society.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

I actually asked him awhile ago if he thought Malekith was actually Aenarion's son and he was fascinated by it, saying it's an interesting theory, and that Morathi certainly had everyone, including Malekith, believing he was.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

It's an interesting theory but I doubt Morathi in her calculating mind would think anyone other than a powerful elf, at the time already an avatar to two gods, would be a better father for her son.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

Yeah that's true, and I figured he probably is Aenarion's son.
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

I suppose the issue would be more that if Aenarion failed to get her pregnant, then maybe she got pregnant by someone else to compensate (disposing of the unfortunate male after) and pretended that Aenarion was the father. But that seems to be a bit of a stretch... More to the point, though, the Sword of Khaine IIRC curses Aenarion's successors, which is part of why Malekith falls into darkness - it would be odd if the Sword was politically correct enough to include an unintentionally adopted non-blood heir in its wrath.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

Red... wrote:I suppose the issue would be more that if Aenarion failed to get her pregnant, then maybe she got pregnant by someone else to compensate (disposing of the unfortunate male after) and pretended that Aenarion was the father. But that seems to be a bit of a stretch... More to the point, though, the Sword of Khaine IIRC curses Aenarion's successors, which is part of why Malekith falls into darkness - it would be odd if the Sword was politically correct enough to include an unintentionally adopted non-blood heir in its wrath.

That is also tue, hence pointing out that Malekith is probably Aenarion's heir. And the 'Malekith' novel does state he is tall like Aenarion and has his dark eyes. Of course lots of Elf males could have those same qualities. Wasn't Morathi a big part in Malekith's fal to darkness as well?
Also, I hate soundin glike a noob, but was does IIRC stand for?
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Indeed, but then Khaine works through mysterious ways ;)

Sorry, IIRC is short for 'If I recall correctly'.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Lord damian valar
Cold One Knight

Post by Lord damian valar »

Personally I think Malekith was and still is Asexual. He has no interest in it whatsoever. Power is what drives him, not lust.
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

It's certainly possible. Power is certainly his strongest motivating force; power and the desire for revenge.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

I prefer to think of him as heterosexual and having at least one dalliance in his youth before he was burned and asexual afterwards. He can't really do anything sealed in his armor anyway...
Though it makes you wonder why all of his Sorceress brides dress all scantily.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Just to tease him?

Seriously though it is all speculation requireing far more information than we have or are ever likely to get. Essentialy we can all belive as we wish to.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

I know, but I still like to hear other people's ideas. It's interesting to see what other people think.