A Rather Interesting Question About Malekith...?

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Norelle
Executioner

A Rather Interesting Question About Malekith...?

Post by Norelle »

This has been bugging me for awhile, but uh, does anyone personal headcanon have Malekith as a virgin? Or do you think he had at least one sexual experience before he was burned?
I hope this isn't too perverted.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

As far as I am aware there is not information one way or the other, it is not the kind of thing GW adresses seeing how the majority of new players are about 12 years old. On a personal level I would suspect that he was probolbly not a virgin but that is nothing but opinion.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Sezax
Black Guard

Post by Sezax »

Yes GW is very ,,conservative". Anyway I think it is more than hinted that he had been naughty with his mother. Since he is in my opinion based on Gaius Julius Caesar, Alexander the Great etc., I would dare to guess he had during all those centuries experienced all sorts of pleasure- with varioud races, species and genders.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

I agree on the lack of information part, but I would also like to add, just to muddle the water a little.

He could actually be still a virgin, considering how much time and focus he spent on war campaigns and expansion of the Elven empire. He simply had no time for romantic pursuits, and back before the Sundering I believe he was too honorable for one night stands.

That and he was also a noble, and those tend to enter pre-arranged marriages. He simply didn't get his chance.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Sezax
Black Guard

Post by Sezax »

The idea of noble depends on whether you imagine pagan or christian hero. Since Christians are more potrayed in Brettonia and Empire I dare to guess that Elves are much more controversial and that the lack of erotic romances in Warhammer is due to cowardice of GW. Beside five thousand years in hedonistic society as absolute overlord is way too much to ,,just dont have time to snuggle"
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

Well I meant besides being naughty with his mother, but yeah I was just wondering, it a thought that has been bugging me and I finally broke down and asked. XD
Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

In his 5000+ years, I thinks its fairly reasonable to say that he has bedded many an elven maiden.
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

Demetrius the Betrayer wrote:In his 5000+ years, I thinks its fairly reasonable to say that he has bedded many an elven maiden.

Even after he was put in the armor? o.O
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Norelle wrote:
Demetrius the Betrayer wrote:In his 5000+ years, I thinks its fairly reasonable to say that he has bedded many an elven maiden.

Even after he was put in the armor? o.O

Lust will find a way, I am sure that between Moraithy and Hotec not to mention Malekith's own gifts they could work something out but this being a family site I think we probably shouldn't dwell on any hypothetical particulars :)
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
dreadlord7476
Cold One Knight

Post by dreadlord7476 »

Well if u think about it, if he was a virgin it would put destroying the pleasure cults I a different light
Twitter @dreadlord7476

the dead savoir nothing, revenge is a dish for the living

kailleth blackthorn Group 38
Warrior
ws5 s4 t3 d3 i4
2long swords, light armour, sheld
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

Sezax wrote:Yes GW is very ,,conservative". Anyway I think it is more than hinted that he had been naughty with his mother. Since he is in my opinion based on Gaius Julius Caesar, Alexander the Great etc., I would dare to guess he had during all those centuries experienced all sorts of pleasure- with varioud races, species and genders.

No, they just Have American Sensibilities: Blood, Gore, and Violence is perfectly OK; Human sensuality should be something avoided at all times unless you are going for the R/MA18/14A/15+/15/ any other mature rating out there? Even in the expanded universe where the women folk could use some clothing (how dark elf women never get hypothermia is beyond me) and just hint at it, but they never go past the fanservice. Crushing your ex lover with your bear hands is fine though ; )

But I also have to go with Demetrius. While it's never been stated, in the 1000 years or so he's been in the old world, and his conquests against the cultists on his return he never got stuck in a political marriage (despite how easy that would have made things for Morathi)?

Maybe it's because he's still hoping for a spot on the Throne, but there wasn't anything Official that said elves were against polygamy.
Last edited by Saintofm on Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

but there wasn't anything Official that said elves were against polygamy.

Other than there being no polygamist elves described in the existing fluff.

Of course it doesn't mean it CAN'T happen. Rather that it's not widely practiced.
7th edition army book:

Flash29
Assassin

Post by Flash29 »

Dalamar wrote:
but there wasn't anything Official that said elves were against polygamy.

Of course it doesn't mean it CAN'T happen. Rather that it's not widely practiced.
actually in the gotrek and felix novel "giantslayer" teclis has twins as bedcompanions, and speaks of having fun with human women in the past.
and in the malus darkblade novels it is revealed with the introduction of yasmine that a dark elf lady can have several courters but the men can only have eyes for one.
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Again with Malekith's sex life. Honestly, I think you're in the wrong place for these kind of questions.

I'm afraid no-one can tell you the answer to any of these questions because Games Workshop, being concerned with the writing, marketing and selling of war games, with a large percentage of school age childen in their demographic, don't tell us anything much about who has sex with whom, how often, what kind, and in which position. Personally, I don't need this information to play Druchii, which is what I'm here for.

What they do tell us is without any of the details you want and always carefully deniable, e.g. joky references in humorous novels, rumours (always just rumours) about sexual conduct. That's all you'll get, because that's how GW do things. If you really want to know more about the Dark Elf background, the best way is to read it yourself. I can see why you'd ask if there's any more information in the older out of print sources, if you don't have access to them, but trust me there isn't in anythng I've read.

Anyone can speculate, but you can't get an answer that doesn't exist.

I guess you could find a way to attend one of the question and answer sessions they sometimes provide, and ask there. I think Gavin Thorpe has some FAQs on his own website. I can't think of any other way you'll get canon information about Malekith having sex.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Sezax
Black Guard

Post by Sezax »

Nonsense. In canon fluff Everqueen, the most noble and pure maiden, openly cheats on her husband with half of her court and Tyrion.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Former DE army book, p.73, the last two sentences strongly suggest that Malekith has incestuous relations with Morathi.

This is widely accepted. Make a quick search for the word "incestuous", you'll see many threads about Malekith and Morathi.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

I'd rather not dwell on his naughty relationship with his mother, I mainly was asking if he had done it Pre-Sundering and burning with any Elf maidens.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

actually in the gotrek and felix novel "giantslayer" teclis has twins as bedcompanions, and speaks of having fun with human women in the past.
and in the malus darkblade novels it is revealed with the introduction of yasmine that a dark elf lady can have several courters but the men can only have eyes for one.

Nonsense. In canon fluff Everqueen, the most noble and pure maiden, openly cheats on her husband with half of her court and Tyrion.

You clearly misunderstand polygamy, which is being in a commited relationship with more than one partner (sometimes called marriage). None of the above cases are marriage.

Teclis is not married, he can be with as many prostitutes as he feels like (as far as I remember that's what those human women are). Yasmine isn't married either, those are her *courters*, men who want to marry her. She's also refusing all of them.

Everqueen is married to the Phoenix King, and only Phoenix King. Just because she sleeps with every man that stumbles by her bed isn't polygamy. There's another word for that.
7th edition army book:

Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

Dalamar wrote:Everqueen is married to the Phoenix King, and only Phoenix King. Just because she sleeps with every man that stumbles by her bed isn't polygamy. There's another word for that.

Adultery I believe and doesn't the Everqueen and Phoenix King marriges only last a year so they can conceive a female heiress?
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

Also, lets face it: Malekith is a 5000 year old sorcerer....you'd think he'd find a way to have a Vulcan Mind Meld with his X number of "Brides."

While I also find it odd he couldn't find someone to pass his father's and mother's line onto, I have a more burning question...one I think all of you have asked yourselves at one point or another...one that may get this thread closed....

How come the only dragon riding action we see in the Malekith book is a short sentence along the lines of "A giant killed it in battle."?????!!!?!??!?!? I call fluff foul!
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

While I also find it odd he couldn't find someone to pass his father's and mother's line onto

There's also a possibility that in a world where anti-conception isn't known, he might not WANT to.

After all, an heir is a threat to power, especially if you can't die of old age. What else other than a child would dethrone you?
7th edition army book:

Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

Dalamar wrote:
While I also find it odd he couldn't find someone to pass his father's and mother's line onto

There's also a possibility that in a world where anti-conception isn't known, he might not WANT to.

After all, an heir is a threat to power, especially if you can't die of old age. What else other than a child would dethrone you?

Yes, but was he simply seduced to the dark side by his mother somewhere in between his return and going extra crispy, or had he always been that way.

Had he always been that had he have plans for immortality, or was he more paranoid than Nero?
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Elves are supposed to be a dying race regardless of an apparently healthy sex drive and longevity, that leads to the obvious conclusion that conception is not particularly easy. Besides who is to say Maly doesn't have bastards dotted around the world? You never know the eldest might even be 'a first born son of noble blood ect'.

Gentleman of Moderation
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

It's certainly possible. I think Malekith as currently presented is too paranoid about being father to a would-be usurper to risk it, though.

In a world of magic potions and lightning bolts I'd say that contraception is a simple matter in comparison. Malekith has no children with Morathi, who in turn only ever had the one kid, so at least some people know something of how not to breed. I'm not going to start that discussion, as it's a.) wildly off topic and b.) not that interesting. But I think although there are no fluff references to contraception that I know of, it's a logical conclusion.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

@ Syjahel
Concur, all the more that medieval witch doctors knew well how to make abortion potions. No reason why it would be difficult in Fantasy.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}