Interesting article on Malekith by Bill King

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Tyrannus deathbringer
Noble

Interesting article on Malekith by Bill King

Post by Tyrannus deathbringer »

"All who surrender will be enslaved; whoever does not surrender but opposes with struggle and dissension, shall be annihilated."
Tyrannus deathbringer
Noble

Post by Tyrannus deathbringer »

and another, this time on High Elf/Dark Elf backstory.

http://www.williamking.me/2011/09/14/elves-and-imagery/
"All who surrender will be enslaved; whoever does not surrender but opposes with struggle and dissension, shall be annihilated."
Kabbala
Warrior

Post by Kabbala »

A couple great reads! Wonderful find TD!
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Agreed Kabbala. Great find! :)
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

Thanks for those; nice articles! ;)
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

Epic reads!!! Well done!!!
Sezax
Black Guard

Post by Sezax »

I think warhammer world is totally different ( much more realistic ) from LOTR catholic fairy tale.

I think Morathi represents what would become of Galadriel if she took the One Ring from Frodo.
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

Sezax wrote:I think warhammer world is totally different ( much more realistic ) from LOTR catholic fairy tale.

I think Morathi represents what would become of Galadriel if she took the One Ring from Frodo.

Hey!!! Do not insult LOTR!!! IT's a well written and thought out storyline!!!
Kabbala
Warrior

Post by Kabbala »

I think may be confusing LOTR with the Chronicles of Narnia. That series is much more the Christian "fairy tale." :)
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

Yeah, Narnia is more fairytale like, but they're both great reads, from great authors!!!
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Tolkien's books are based around a pagan, mostly Celtic, mythology, but that is going somewhat off topic. I like these interviews, they show a man who has done his reading. I read the Darkblade books (some of them at least) with pleasure but pretty much every chapter had something that made me think 'has this guy even read the armybook?'.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Sezax
Black Guard

Post by Sezax »

Tolkien's books are based around a pagan, mostly Celtic, mythology, but that is going somewhat off topic. I like these interviews, they show a man who has done his reading

Yes they are based on but not like these societies. That world is without sexuality, without real moral challenge or questions.

Its a fairy tale about fight between absolute good and absolute evil. Any promise of depth is from the beginning dead because Tolkien was a catholic.

Elves are good, orcs are mean. Their nature is strictly dictated by their own specific natural biology. The few pitiful attempts to pretend, that there is some moral challenge or grey zone, can be found in any fairy tale as well.

I actually like Tolkien, but I refuse the idea that we are supposed to worship Tolkien as some Jesus of Fantasy. Fantasy was founded long before Tolkien.

He did not even come up with the Elves first as everybody claims. The idea of beautiful immortal forest folk with more or less indentical appearence was well popular in England thanks to Midsummers Eve (they were just called faeries)

I just dont think author needs to compare his work to Tolkien. Its fun to do so, but not when one does it like really seriously.
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

Read 'The Silmarillion' if you haven't already, if you want Elves behavely badly. There are a couple of villainous Elves in that book.
Sezax
Black Guard

Post by Sezax »

I read it, thats what I call attempt to look serious. Warhammer world provides real strife of mortals with their own desires and needs, unlike this fairy tale, which is lovely to read as well, but lacks depth, because depth does not come from new fake language, but from moral message.
Ma1us
Trainee Warrior

Post by Ma1us »

Drainial wrote:I read the Darkblade books (some of them at least) with pleasure but pretty much every chapter had something that made me think 'has this guy even read the armybook?'.

Remember that these were written before the new army book was released
"If nothing else, Malus Darkblade, you can be counted on to react to adversity with as much violence as physically possible"- Tzarkan