Blue in the fade

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Lostshadow
Dark Rider

Blue in the fade

Post by Lostshadow »

This is a bit of background on the beginning of my mage's rebellion against Malakith. The very beginning, some of how the path led him to magic as a dark elf. This is the bare beginning, there will likely be more so follow the fluff on my site for easier access to what happens etc.

Blue in the fade

The world seemed to turn upside down as a great wave struck the side of the vessel, the passengers huddled together in the hold, damp and frozen this was one of last of the ships returning before the storm season, except it had come early this year. Yells from the crew above were heard by those on the lower deck as the men above tried in vain to keep the ship on course for land, the hatch leading to the tsunami above had broken off and shattered hours ago leaving a trail of water to splash down, flooding the tattered ship as its doom became more and more apparent

The passengers looked up as a crew member stumbled down into the hold, his shirt ragged and soaked he held onto a crate as the ship rocked again. He looked around at the men and women, all appearing human........

Concealed among them was a young (by elven standards) druchii who remained imperceivable to common eyes, she watched the human with wary eyes as he inspected the other women converged with their families in the dark. His eyes passed over to her and she looked away, from here she could smell the drunkness flowing through the air as he watched her.

"Carlisle!" someone from above called," get back up here!"

The man, Carlisle looked up at the hatch for a moment confused, as though he had not understood the command. Grasping the stairs he dragged himself back to the top and melted away into the pouring rain, but she was sure the man looked back at her for a second.

The elf curled herself under her cloak, a poor excuse for cloth, but she needed it to blend in if she were to pass off as one of the humans. Hidden under her hood no one would be the wiser, unless they looked closely, but even then most would not think it strange for an elf to be seen in the human lands, at least not in the coastal towns.

Sleep had proven a fruitless endeavor, she dared not use any magic to ease her pain in case another here was gifted in the arcane arts, even one crudely knowledgeable would know she was more than a common trickster and might find one so powerful odd and worthy of raising an alarm as wizards were known to have guards, especially elven mages and they would have a far more exquisite raiment than an old wet rag for a cloak. It was enough to call her a spy in these times of war.

The night, an eternity of roaring waves and thundering rain seemed to go on forever. Her hands were numb, even for her this was cold, perhaps it was the long journey that had lost her will to fight or something else.....

Footsteps alerted her hidden arcane senses, though they were dulled by tiredness she barely managed to raise her head as three of the crew, including the drunk man Carlisle stood at the bottom of the stairs and another holding a lit lantern.
"Which one?" one of the men said, a large brute carrying a dagger on his belt.

"Her," Carlisle said, pointing straight at the she-elf."
Alarm bells rang in her head, her discipline and training all went out of the window as she struggled to stand, unsure of exactly what she was being summoned for.

For all they knew, she was just a lone traveler on their ship and a human one at that.Had she not been worn down, she would have torn them apart with magic before they knew what hit them, but as it stood she could barely stand let alone cast a spell. The brute of a man moved fast, grasped her by the throat and threw her against the wall, the cold hard wood crashing against her skull sent a sharp shudder of pain through her head. He wrenched the cloak hood back, revealing her elven nature.
"An elven spy," the man said," we have special treatment for-,"

He stopped mid sentence as he looked into the two deep pits of pitch that were her eyes, flickering in the light of the lantern the brute and the elf were locked in a silent contest of wills. He said nothing, entranced by her he released his grip and stepped back in horror as the shadows on the wall darted and formed monstrous images of deomonic creatures.
"Demon!" the man holding the lantern cried, turning and scrambling up the stairs he barely had time to take one before he cried out in pain.
Both of the men turned to see him fall, a wicked dagger in his throat. He fell clutching his bleeding neck, unable to breath he lay gasping, dying a slow and gruesome death. Her head began to spin, the world flickered and she fell back against the wall, such a small trick had been too much for her. Grasping her own dagger she knew there was only one defense between her and the humans now.She looked around at the other humans, most of which were cowering away from her and pressed together in terror as many of them had probably never even seen magic used.
Her eyes blurred, but the dancing shapes around her and screams of men told tale of the death that had taken them, from the darkness something grasped her and by reflex a pitiful burst of purple light struck her would be attacker, barely simmering his clothes.
"Its me," a voice said, and she collapsed against the second elf, her hidden guardian.
"I was beginning to think you weren't going to step in, Duin" she said, as he pulled her up the stairs," Where are we going?"
"Another ship has been following us for the last few hours," Duin said," we have to get off this ship,"
"But how?" the sorceress said, unable to see but feeling the rain hit her as they stepped onto the deck.
"Stand here," Duin said, pushing her against a post.
"What are you-," a human voice said, followed by a sharp ring and a series of metallic clangs, two thuds and a hand grasping her again.
"Land is a mile away perhaps," Duin said," theres a boat a few feet down, jump,"
"Wait," she said, reaching out to him, barely able to see a thing. She pulled back her hand, she was able to tell it was covered in blood.
"Your hurt," the sorceress said.
"Its not my blood," Duin replied, impatience apparent in his voice.
"For a druchii," she said," your a bad liar,"
"We both know what is at stake here,"
With that he struck her with both hands, pushing her overboard. She felt herself fall for what seemed an eternity and then she hit the water. It washed over her like the frozen memories of home, and for just one moment she wished she hadn't gone through with this whole process, she could he sitting in the covern surrounded by lavish meats and roaring fires, the screams of sacrificial slaves filling the air like music as she studied her spells and incantations.

Reaching frantically around, she found the small boat and held onto it, unable to actually climb into it. He life depended on this primitive fishing boat she clung to, but not just her life, the lives and future of all Druchii. For a time she held on, her mind numb with the cold her thoughts were of home and how she would never be able to return there, this path she had chosen. Defying all that made her a dark elf, all that mattered to her people, but her world needed this, and she had chosen to be the one to complete this destiny set to her by whatever gods were listening at the time, lost in a train of thought......she lost consciousness.

"Shes waking up," a voice, distorted and excited blasted through the room like a hydra's roar.

"Easy," another voice said, hands cupping her head and dabbing it with a wet cloth

"Where am I?" the sorceress asked, surprisingly she felt strength had returned to her body.

"You are in the house of the alchemist Johann de fleur," a man's voice said," your lucky to be alive, after your ship was attacked,"

"What happened?" she asked, her vision returning she saw and felt a glowing fire near to the bed she was lain in.
"Some kind of elves came on ships," the women of the two people there said," they appeared and started killing the other elves that were here for trade, the count managed to fight them off, but a lot of people were hurt and killed,"
Her mind raced, so it had been true, other dark elves had pursued her this far from home. They had attacked and slain all the elves they could find here, before being driven off, they must have been desperate to kill her if they had attacked so openly.
"Your lucky," the man said," we found a ship smashed against the shore. The counts men fought off the elves in black and found you near the ship."
"My amulet.....," the sorceress said, realizing it had gone from her neck.
"Here," the man said," I figured you were an elf when I saw this, the last time I saw such fine craftsmanship was when I was an apprentice merchant in my youth, I took a trip or two to your homeland,"
Looking at the man, she realized now he thought she was an Asur.

"Am I hurt?" she asked.
"Your fine" the women said," been out for a few days, but you and the baby will live,"
"Good," she said, raising herself from the bed.
"Now hold on a minute," the man said.

A wind of purple smoke swept across the room, throwing the man straight into the fire. The women turned to run, but barely made it a step before a black swirling vortex emerged from the ground, ripping apart the floorboards and dragging her into a chaotic portal. Admiring that her strength had returned, the sorceress calmly seated herself at the table and looked at the steaming pot of gloop that bubbled there, it was better than nothing.

A second pot containing a red liquid caught her eye and she touched the pages of a half open book, which contained recipes in human tongue for granting magical strength, the fool humans didn't realize it would have a far greater effect on a mage than a mundane human. Taking a sip of the foul liquid she read the recipe and finally settled on a name.

Of all the laws she had broken, her kin she had slain, the thousands of miles and months of fleeing, the one who would grow to wield the power of chaos against Malakith would be known as Amaranth, the immortal.....the unyielding......caressing her swollen stomach she began to set into motion the path of destiny he must take........
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

That's an interesting story, and one I would like to read more of! :D At the end, you really do a good job of showing the ruthlessness of the Druchii ... I admit I was a little surprised :O But it's very fitting.

You have a couple of little spelling errors, nothing that can't be fixed (it's Malekith if you don't mind my saying), but the writing flows well and your descriptions really brought it all to life for me. I could picture the sodden ship, the storm, the cosiness of the room where she awakes ... I look forward to reading a continuation :)
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Noble korhedron
Empire General

Post by Noble korhedron »

What baby?! The male sorceror of the 'Malekith's Doom' prophecy? :?
Regards,

NK.

http://ulthuan.net/forum
http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/index.php
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php
http://www.bartertown.com/trading/index.php

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.
Lostshadow
Dark Rider

Post by Lostshadow »

Yes, if you care to take a look at my site on my signature my fluff is a male sorceror who is rebelling against Malekith. I hadnt written a begiining for him, his soldiers are dark elf outcasts or others hunted by Malekith that have joined my sorceror for eiether protection or because they think Malekith is too weak to rule, having taken 5 thousand years and still not taken back Ulthuan.

He may or may not be the male sorceror of prophecy, I am yet to face another dark elf player. One day I hope to face someone who fields Malekith for an epic final battle, and obviously will battle report it and also write fluff for it......until that day im just writing fluff on the battles I do play