Druchii Terrain

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Yeasir
Shade

Druchii Terrain

Post by Yeasir »

I have been fooling around with turning my game table into a Har Ganeth-themed table. I have created some special terrain and wanted to give it special rules to add to the "flavor" of the table. Let me know what you think. I will be using it for the first time tomorrow.

Terrain of Har Ganeth
(The City of Executioners)

2- Tower of Har Ganeth
Wizards within 6 inches of the Tower of Har Ganeth gain +3 bonus to cast spells from the Lores of Death, Shadow and Metal.
Wizards within 6 inches of the Tower of Har Ganeth gain +3 bonus to cast spells against units from the Forces of Destruction (in times of civil war, no one can be trusted)
These effects are not cumulative if both are triggered.

3- Malekith’s Monument
Units within 6 inches cannot use General’s Inspiring Presence (they are in awe of a much more powerful leader)

4- Hellebron’s Cauldron
Units within 6 inches have Eternal Frenzy (even if they lose combat, they will remain frenzied)

5-Tower of Urial
Wizards within 6 inches get a +3 bonus to cast Direct Damage spells and a -3 to cast augment spells

6- River of Har Ganeth
1: Normal River
2: River of Chill -Dangerous Terrain; the invigorating coldness gives each unit ending its movement phase in the river a +2 to movement bonus in it’s next movement phase
3: River of Blood -Dangerous Terrain; each unit that enters the River of Blood must take a panic test with a -1 modifier to its leadership value. Units failing the panic test must run 2D6 inches away from their entry point but will always rally on the next turn (after all it’s just a little blood).
4:River of Tears - An acute sense of the death and destruction within the walls of Har Ganeth comes upon each unit entering the River of Tears. A Leadership test must by passed or the unit may not move during its next movement phase as it is overwhelmed by its surroundings
5: River of Poison -Dangerous Terrain. Any unit at least partially in the River of Poison has the Poisoned Attacks special rule.
6: River of Death -Any unit ending its movement phase in the River of Death must roll a D6:
1-3: Your units is unshaken by the raging torrent of the River of Death
4: Aspect of Dreadknight is automatically cast on your unit. Its effects remain until the beginning of your next movement phase
5: Doom and Darkness is automatically cast on your unit. Its effect lasts until the beginning of your next movement phase.
6: Soulblight is automatically cast on your units. It’s effect lasts until the beginning of your next magic phase

7- Forest of Fear
Any unit ending its movement phase at least partially in the Forest of Fear must roll a d6:
1-3: You successfully hide from the Autarii and suffer no penalties
4-5: You are ambushed by the Autarii and your unit suffers D6 S6 hits
6: You’re forces are slaughtered by the Autarii (suffering 3D6 S6 hits)

8- Corridors of Har Ganeth
Any model traveling through the Corridors of Har Ganeth must pass a Dangerous Terrain test or suffer a wound with no saves of ANY KIND allowed (you never know who is going to sneak up behind you). Additionally, any unit ending its movement phase in the Corridors suffers from Stupidity (most Druchii still get lost here!).

9- House of Malus
Units ending their movement within 6 inches must roll a D6:
1-3: Unit is unaffected by the House of Malus
4-6: Tz’arkan possesses the unit for the remainder of the game. The unit gains +1 Strength and +1 attack but suffers 2D6 S4 hits at the beginning of each remaining turn)

10- Druchii Wishing Well
Any unit ending its movement within 6 inches of the well may choose to sacrifice a model. If a model is sacrificed, then roll a D6:
1: Your sacrifice is found unworthy. Each model in the unit must pass a strength test or suffer a wound (no amour saves allowed)
2: Your sacrifice brings you no returns.
3: Your unit gains +1 Strength for the remainder of the game
4: Your unit gains +1 Attack for the remainder of the game
5: Your unit gains Magic Resistance (2) for the remainder of the game
6: Any victory points earned by our unit are doubled for the remainder of the game
Units may only use the Wishing Well once each per game

11- Hand of Destruction
Units ending their movement within six inches must declare a charge (if possible) in the following movement phase. Units resolving a charge compelled by the Hand of Destruction gain the Swiftstride special rule.

12- Heretic’s Cemetery
Infantry units ending their movement phase within 3 inches of the Heretic’s Cemetery must sacrifice a model (you must prove to Khaine you are purging your unit of unworthy blood). Your unit must then also pass a Leadership Test or an additional D6 models are lost.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Overall I think they are an interesting set of rules though I have never liked so much terrain being 'special', that is an issue with the main rules though rather than your varient. Gamewise they look more or less balanced though obviously only playtesting can really show that.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Yeasir
Shade

Post by Yeasir »

Thanks for the feedback! In play, it seems pretty balanced as well. The main criticism I have received so far is that the House of Malus can be "too good". I think the downside to the deamon is pretty devastating, though, so I think I'll keep it the way it is for now. I would be interested to hear if anyone else has tried out these terrain rules and what they think.
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

I really want to see examples of you special terrain modeled up.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Yeasir
Shade

Post by Yeasir »

Lol...I've had a ton of fun buidling it. I will hopefully get around to posting it soon. :)