Story themed Armies

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Red october
Slave (off the Altar)

Story themed Armies

Post by Red october »

Hey, I was just interested to hear about what
some people based their armies on.

What part of Druchii history does your force
reflect?

How did you get this theme across?
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

You should take a look at this link; it is pretty old now but still good.

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=43618

My army is on there, a self exiled Black ark full of Tzeentch worshiping elves lead by an immortal Prophet of Tzeentch whose main aim is the conversion of other beings (elves or otherwise) to the worship of the great changer.

On the table top (not that I have played it for a long long time now) I basicly just replaced Druchii iconography with the mark of Tzeentch and avoided Khainite units and Blackguard.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Sezax
Black Guard

Post by Sezax »

Mine army is about druchii, who are NOT Naggarothi. They are hedonists who are obsessed with sorcery and pleasure, they worship Slaanesh and all Cytharai with the exception of Khaine.

I do not believe into avoiding any units. My Witch Elves are Brides of Atharti, I do not ban them from the list. When I dont like executers I play them as homoerotic satyrs (mixed from gors and mandrakes, I know that they should have some armour on, but the unit looks awesome).
Amarok
Executioner

Post by Amarok »

My army is still in it's infancy, so I am still hammering out the backround, but this is the gist -

A Highborn of Caledorian descent, his family were exiled from Caledor after his grand father(?) was discovered to worship the Cytharai during the purges of Ulthuan led by Malekith, and the family subsequently threw their lot in with the people of Nagarythe. He was raised in Naggaroth, and grew up listening to tales of his ancestors martial prowess, and of the Dragons they commanded. He grew to hate the worshippors of the Cytharai and Slaanesh (blaming them for the fall from grace of his once-noble family), and believes the only hope for the Druchii, and ultimately the Elven race, is to unite in the worship of Khaine, and fight for their rightful place in the world. Over time, he has come to worship Khaine in the aspect of the Dragon.

He has turned his back on Naggaroth (although not openly), disgusted by his kin wallowing in depravity and the weakness of the flesh, and has established an outpost/colony in the arid wasteland of the mountains in the far north of the Dark Lands. Through constant warfare with the other races, his people have honed the martial strength of their ancestors, and through trade with the Dawi Zharr, have become very wealthy. He has given alot of that wealth to the Temple, and has their support in the form of Temple troops. He has also come by some black Dragon eggs, and dreams of one day riding to glory upon the back of a Dragon, laying waste to all that stand before him, just as his ancestors once did.

Whether he would ride against Naggaroth, or Ulthuan, remains to be seen.

- so that's the basics. Your standard deranged fanatically religious megalomaniac psychopath who wants to take over the world ;)

I plan to convey this theme in my army through basing (grey/brown cracked earth), colour scheme (restricted palette of silver metal, black cloth, alabaster skin, spare use of bright red as spot colour throughout), extensive use of dragon imagery throughout (Spear elves, Xbow elves, banner tops etc), troop selection (heavy khainite + dragon), Sorcerer instead of convent sorceress, etc etc.
Last edited by Amarok on Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.
Such a heavy burden now to be the One.
Born to bear and bring to all the details of our ending,
To write it down for all the world to see...

But I forgot my pen...
Tyrannus deathbringer
Noble

Post by Tyrannus deathbringer »

My army:

Young Dreadlord

Newly inherited family Black Ark

Go's wild!

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... c&start=50

How am I going to get this theme across? Through conversion and colour scheme (WIP).

I have already thought up a lot of the background and plan on developing it through battle reports and short stories based on Tyrannus' Marauders :twisted:

The army is really a completion of >20 years of collecting Warhammer Dark Elves...and generally being obsessed by them. When I was a kid I couldn't afford all the models I wanted and many of the models of the time were lacking. Now, it's a fun creative project that keeps the inner child actively expressing :D
"All who surrender will be enslaved; whoever does not surrender but opposes with struggle and dissension, shall be annihilated."
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

My armies's theme
Very few of the ruling Dreadlords put much stock in my general's (Ronan) abilities, so to ensure he has an army he takes the volunteers and the warriors no one else wants (the rabblerousers, the shamed, the fallen households.

His knights are from a clan that lost their glory; his corsairs and executioners, shades, and dark riders are from regiments that saw him in action and took the call; his standard bearer is the youngest son of a mistress; and he earned his hydra.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Samusin
Executioner
Location: see that shadow behind you?? thats where I'm hidden...

Post by Samusin »

anybody knows Tower of God?? its a korean manga.. and I liked it.. and placed that in one of the towers of the druchii :P making the royal family of the manga my lords/heroes, and the items they have and the abilitys (so sorcery etc) ectually fits into it xD realy like it :D
8th edition Dark Elves w/d/l
2/4/3

still getting started, so don't mind that loses, they where sacrificed for the greater good xD
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

My army is themed after the malus darkblade novel where he goes to har Ganeth. Everyone running around in white robes only to show better the gore of the day. So they are a lot of khainites troops with e models being clothed in white with red tinted metal for srmor plating and such.
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)
Anthalt
Trainee Warrior

Post by Anthalt »

My army is the Twilight Battalion; it's not exactly canon fluff, but it's really inspired me to keep up a decent rate of cool conversions (currently working on a cockatrice counts as manticore/pegasis).
The army's story is that they were originally a battalion housed at one of the watch towers along the chaos wastes. There they captured and mastered many foul beasts. But one day, a message came in from the south, they were to locate an artifact of immense power located in the chaos wastes. The battalion marched out deep into the twisting landscape of chaos... and eventually came upon the object they had been looking for; a massive mirror. As they gazed into the massive arcane mirror the battalion felt uneasy, something was wrong, but it was already too late, for as soon as they had gazed into the mirror their fate had been sealed. Now it was not they who gazed into the mirror, but instead who gazed back, staring helplessly at the entities from beyond the glass that had stolen their bodies and now walked within their flesh. The Twilight Princess and her battalion... after years of patiently waiting in the ice and snow... finally headed south...
Druchiishootlord
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Druchiishootlord »

I haven't played my Druchii in years, I'm talking a solid 3+, however my last DE army was based out of Karond Kar. It was a horrible Monster Truck army.

However the army was based on the idea of a vanguard force under control of the city's Vaulkhar. So it was small and highly maneuverable but hit incredibly hard. Everything was a monster or was mounted. Dragon, Dark Pegasi, Hydras, Harpies, Dark Riders, and Cold One Knights. Very rough and go kinda army. I only played this a short time after returning from Spain before I went back to playing my Dwarves.
"Like never before will the weaker race of men tremble before our might."

Lord Yeurl to his captain before a battle in the Old World.

R4V3N wrote:do not question eldacar.

his word is law.