Call of the warp part one, two and three

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Raven_halo
Slave (off the Altar)

Call of the warp part one, two and three

Post by Raven_halo »

Firstly,thanks for taking the time to read! this three part tale explores how Morathi and her allies may deal with the forces of chaos. Any comments or criticisms welcome, hope you enjoy reading.

The night sky was light by a thousand stars, and the majestic light of a full moon. Hysteria and madness filled the air with an intoxicating seductive quality. A time of death and celebration, deep within one of the many temples dedicated to god of murder, the great Khaine. The witch elves danced with one another, building themselves into a mad fury as they prepared to sacrifice their treasures of war, their captive prey. Morathi stood under the statue of Kahine overlooking a terrified face of a man not long for this world. Holding a sacrificial dagger in her pale slender hand, with an expressionless face, she drove the dagger into her prisoner’s heart. Blood stained her face yet she did not even blink. As the dull screams of the human faded, the witch elves pounced upon their own prisoners continuing their bloody ritual. Morathi turned leaving the dagger within the body. She headed under the statue into a large room where three elves awaited her.

“You have kept us waiting Morathi as you always do” A cold look emerged upon the hag queens face as she took a few long strides towards the elf, striking her hard across the mouth with a back hand. The force of the blow knocked the elf down to the floor. “Do not speak to me in such an insolent tone! I address you all when I see fit. Make use of yourself, close the door and seal the room, these words are for our ears only” Morathi turned to the other elves making eye contact with them motioning them to speak.
“Your majesty we are continually hounded by the creatures of the warp, night and day they call for our aid” Morathi brought her hands to her face rubbing her eyes.

“I have already forbade you contacting these daemon’s, it has a stench of treachery and I will not sacrifice my priests needlessly” Still holding her jaw, the witch replied
“And how can you be so sure your Majesty?”

“I have had far more dealings with the creatures of the warp than you shall ever have in your pathetic life! You do not make a pact with the dark ones without substantial reward”.

“But your Majesty these are the children of Slaanesh we cannot abandon our true God!”

“These are lesser daemon’s that plague us; it is simply not worth the risk to give them aid. If I find you have sought to free these daemons, I will personally hunt each of you down! Be warned my sisters, I have eyes who are ever watchful”

The next morning Morathi returned to her chamber to find a raven perched upon the edge of the spiral staircase. She summoned the beast that obediently flew to her outstretched arm. She saw a role of parchment wrapped around its leg. Unravelling it, her eyes quickly scanned the rather hurried scribble that stained it. Her eyes flared with anger as she learned one of the witches had set forth to free the daemon’s of Slaanesh. Summoning fire to her hands she burnt the parchment before calling out to her captain. Within a moment four ravens burst forth from the tower, sending word to the nearby watchtowers to prepare an attack force for Morthai’s arrival. Morathi cloaked herself and mounted a dark steed brought by her captain.
“Your majesty I have received word that your force is ready, three units of spear and a unit of crossbowmen await your command. I apologise that the numbers are few but...”
“They will suffice; as long as they fight hard the task at hand will be done”.

“Shall I ride with you my Mistress? I am ready to serve within a moment notice”

“No Draivner, I need you to search for two of my sorceresses. Watch their movements if they are making plans to leave with an army you will issue a court order for their detainment”.

“And if they do not march Mistress?”

“Then leave them be and return to you duties at the tower”

“Very good my lady let Khaine march along with you in battle”

When Morathi had arrived at the watchtower the force was ready to march. The captain of the watch tower, also riding a black steed bowed his head deeply as she approached. “Greetings your majesty, we are ready to set out on your command” She rode forward without reply but simply rode forth giving a signal to the musician. “Our scouts have tracked down a small force of mercenaries who travel with the Witch you speak of Your Majesty, it will not take long to catch up with them” A mighty horn was blown and the warriors began a quick march into the mountains.
“Leave your steed hear captain the mountain paths will be to treacherous for them” Morathi also dismounted joining the heart of the colum to provide her with protection. Within the hour the cutthroats could be seen. The witch queen climbed up to higher ground so she could address all of her troops. “Kill every last one of them! Leave the witch to me” The Druchii force charged forward with Morathi standing side by side with them in their front rank, within a matter of seconds they had crashed into their enemy.

Morathi hissed at her prey like a vicious beast, her mouth opened slightly, revealing pearl white teeth that where almost vampiric. She let out cries as shrill as a banshee, at a pitch that would send a cold shiver racing down every nerve. Blood of her rivals stained her pale skin, a small quantity gushed over her lips. Far from being repulsed by this, the dark maiden took a second to indulge in the moment, running her tongue over her lips savouring the taste. A dark smile crept across her face as she returned to the carnage that surrounded her. Despite the animalistic rage exuding from this warrior, there was a beautiful elegance in every attack she made. As she drew her blades high in the air the metal caught the rays of the sun and glimmered for a split second before gliding effortlessly towards its target. The sound of blade against armour rang out into the air sounding the orchestra of war, a symphony of treachery and deceit.

Surrounding her was the betrayer’s last hope of escape. A handful of her loyal kin and mercenaries fought bravely to defend their maiden from the dark fate that awaited her. The warriors like their mistress, shared the same mastery of deception making the life of Morathi’s force a painful one. Nearly a quarter of Morathi’s warriors lay dead upon the icy cliff. Seeing the fate of fallen comrades had begun to eat away at the survivor’s faith. Morathi sank low to the ground like a panther waiting to strike. Leaping through the air she instantly decapitated the nearest mercenary before launching herself into a running charge. Glancing into Mortahi’s eyes a dark determination could be seen granting her with amazing concentration and agility. Every blow made against her was parried or thrown aside. The mercenaries tried in vain to halt the furious charge of the witch Queen. Summoning ethereal energy her body sparked with electricity as she unleashed an arc of lightning that hurled through the air tearing through flesh and bone. The smell of burning flesh rose to the air as Morathi continued her charge.

Realising that the chance of her escape hanged upon a silk thread the betrayer leaped from the cliff leaping to and fro from the razor sharp rocks. Without halting for a second Morathi leaped to the air once more with the grace of an eagle bursting into flight and dived down like a swift arrow. She threw one of her blades towards her enemy. Another inch and her aim would have been true and deadly as the blade scraped her victim’s neck, slowing her preys advanced for the split second she needed. Just before Morathi collided into the sorceress she grabbed hold of her neck and brought her cascading down the cliff side at tremendous speed using her to break her fall. An agonising scream echoed throughout the mountains as every bone in her body broke from the force of the impact. Though saved from death Morathi did not escape without injury. Pain shot through her body like needles, for a moment she simply lay there and closed her eyes as her body absorbed the shock. Eventually Morathi lifted her head and made a faint call in an unknown language.

Morathi sank her hands into a leather pouch that hung from her waist and removed a small glass vial filled with a violet liquid. She drank it in one shot grimacing from the acrid taste that slowly slid across her tongue. Within a few minutes the pain had begun to subside allowing her to move. A few minutes later a winged creature that resembled a dragon floated down to her side. The beast lay down on all fours waiting patiently. Slowly she climbed onto the beast and held onto the mighty horns upon its back. The creature took flight ascending into the cold air. With one hand held to her heart she whispered an incantation and summoned a golden spark of energy into the palm of her hand. As she released it, the orb hovered into the air before exploding sending out bright beams of light. This was her sign to her forces to retreat, the chase was over her prey had been caught.
Last edited by Raven_halo on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

edit

Not bad so Far.

If I have a problem is some of the characters when they talk are in the same paragraph so it makes it look like they are the same person.

The general rule is each character needs their own paragraph(s) when they speak.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Raven_halo
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Raven_halo »

Part two

Morathi returned to her quarters in the high towers, though content that she had dealt with another enemy, the whole episode had made her anxious and on edge. She threw her armour to one side one by one taking gentle steps before sinking herself into the pool of steaming water that her servants had prepared. She let out a deep sigh of relief as a sense of satisfaction washed over her. Closing her eyes she floated on the water before submerging herself entirely. Time passed away as she indulged in this moment before her mind was rudely disturbed by a familiar voice speaking only in her mind.

“Morathi, the creatures of the warp have a task to fulfil in the mortal world. We require a portal from the warp, I request your assistance my child. Go with haste seek the forest of Dranal to the south, I will guide you when you are near” This had not been the first time she had heard this plea and it was the same voice that had plagued her sisters. Over the many thousands of years that she had dealt with the servants of chaos she had learned to be more resilient to the requests from the warp. Knowing when to choose ones allies is a skill any warrior must master quickly, if they are to survive the test of time. It was this daemon that had caused the betrayal of her lost servant. Being inexperienced, the young sorcerous was too eager to carry out the will of the warp, Morathi however, refused it. As she battle with the voices that invade her mind her concentration was brought back to reality.

“I trust that you excursion was worth the trouble?”

Morathi glanced over to find her captain leaning against the wall watching her bathe.
“Very productive Captain though it has drained me so, come here I need someone to relax me”
Draivner had served Morathi for many years and had built a close relationship with her; he revelled in serving every need of his Mistress. As he walked near the pool he let his garments and armour fall to the floor.
“Did you find my other sisters?”

“Yes my lady neither of them went against you orders, their loyalty to you is unwavering”

“It pleases me to know I still have some loyal subjects by my side, something I am all too eager to reward”
She welcomed Draivner with an embrace bringing his body close against hers, sinking her lips onto his.

Calling her servants to her the queen was dressed in fine silk robes that draped loosely over her body. She retired to slumber to recover her mental strength when her mind wandered to the matter of the daemons once again. Morathi had many reasons not to entangle herself with this scheme. She could sense the daemons strength but she had made pacts with daemons far more powerful. The rewards would not be worth the risk. More important than this was the deception she felt within her heart as soon as the voice invaded her mind. Being a master of deception herself it was hard to miss. If only she knew more of the daemon she could discover its true intentions.

When the queen woke, she felt determined to discover the nature of the daemon that plagued her mind. After climbing from her bed she walked towards the stained glass window and basked in the light of the moon that shone through it. Summoning her mental energy her mind’s eye ventured into the warp. The warp was a horrendous sight to behold, twisted distortions and imitations of the real world melded together serving as a mockery of life, and a shrine to the four winds of chaos. It took time for the images within her mind to become clear but through focus and will, she made contact with her allies that dwelled there. After explaining her predicament it didn’t take long to hear a response.

“We know of the daemon you speak of. It is a devious creature loyal to khorne, though it presents itself as a follower of Slaanesh. Its link to the mortal realm is weak, holding possession of a beast that hides away in a dank cave. The cave is a monument to Khorne the blood god! It lies amongst the iron hills of your lands, you would be wise to explore for yourself.”

Morathi wondered how such a lesser Demon could go undetected within the lands of her own people.
“Do you know what it schemes? Does it plan to raise an army against us?”

A chorus of laughter echoed in Morathi’s mind. “That creature could not command an army of Khorne if it tried, but he is skilled in manipulating your world to its own ends, we may despise him but mortals may adore him”

As Morathi broke her gaze and concentration from the warp, she stumbled supporting herself against a nearby stone pillar. Despite gazing into the warp thousands of times, it still sapped much of strength to do so, despite her vast power. After taking a few deep breaths she composed herself looking to the balcony. The sun was just beginning to rise. She knew she had a limited time to act, the beast could seduce countless numbers of elves to its cause. If she was to slay this beast then it would have to be now.

“Draivner!” Startled and alarmed at seeing her in a weakened state the captain rushed over to her supporting her weight.
“My lady what do you wish of me” Morathi threw Draivner’s arm of her as she composed herself.
“Summon my council; I want them here waiting my return”
“My lady you cannot leave here in this condition, not on your own”

“You will not tell your Queen what I can and can’t do! I journey to the forest of Dranal; I have no time to wait for your men. Once you have sent word to my council, bring your riders to the forest and search for a cave I will lead a trail for you to follow”

“Very well my lady i am her to serve as always”.
Walking out to the middle of the room she crossed her arms around her chest, pointing her fingers upwards as she cast an incantation over herself. Her ceremonial armour materialised over her body casting off her robes. Holding her arm to the air she summoned her mighty spear life taker. She called out, her voice ringing out on the morning air alerting her favoured steed, Sulephet. Within a matter of minutes the two of them took flight into the morning sun, speeding away to the iron hills with the intention of silencing a new enemy.
Raven_halo
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Raven_halo »

Part three

Draivner walked down the stairs of the tower into the main chamber calling out for a raven and summoning various elves to them. In a hushed whisper he informed them one by one to summon various members of Morathi’s council from sorceresses, highborn’s and nobles. He did not stop as he spoke to each by the time every summon order had been given, the captain had arrived at the towers garrison. He summoned twenty riders to him before equipping himself with his armour before heading to the stables with the other dark riders. He hoped for a fight as it had been a long time since he had rode into battle, longer still riding into battle alongside Morathi.

Meanwhile Morathi and Sulephet drew closer to their destination. The Cave was clearly visible even from the great height they soared. It was a shrine of pure murder with all the subtly of a crazed berserker. As the Pegasus landed the scent of fresh blood lingered in the entrance. With a wave of a hand and a softly spoke incantation, magical sprites where summoned to Morathi who she ordered to keep a watch for Draivner and his riders, and to lead them to the cave. They scattered in different directions leaving a faint purple haze as they flew.

Although strong rays from the sun now beamed down, even its powerful rays could not penetrate the cave. Mortahi’s eyes glowed with a bright glint of ethereal light, allowing her vision to pierce the black maw of darkness. Her senses were aflame, hyping herself to react against the beast that skulked away from the mortal world. She focussed once more stretching out her senses to grant herself true vision. Her mind’s eye captured the sight of her prey not far from the mouth of the cave. It was eight feet of bulging sinew and muscle, its thick and matted fur soaked with congealed blood. She could sense magical energy following within the cave. Needing no time to ponder Morathi summoned a wall of fire. As it was unleashed, the flames engulfed the underground lair. Seconds later a mighty roar of pain cried out. Tensed and ready for battle Sulephet charged at full speed. The witch queen drew her blade like a lance eager to meet her foe.

As they charged through the darkness bodies began to emerge all around. Snarling beasts carrying blood soaked blades lashed out at both Morathi and the mighty Pegasus. Many of them were knocked away with ease by the might of the steeds charge, yet Morathi knew she could not be trapped and outnumbered and hope for victory. Another ominous roar echoed from behind her, she knew time was not on her side. Drawing her blade she slashed out like a trapped animal tearing the blade against the tender flesh of the Bloodletters. As they fell flames burst from their bodies as they dematerialised from the world hissing in anger and frustration. As she turned Sulephet around to face the other bloodletters she saw them scatter and run as their master reared its ugly head.

Taking advantage of the beast confusion she sank the blade into the beast releasing a torrent of blood. Another cry echoed out as the force of the blow nocked the beast onto its back. Despite the monsters size its agility was surprising as Sulephet was forced to leap aside to avoid its built arm that came crashing down. Though scarred by flame it’s determination to fight remained strong. A gaping mouth full of decaying teeth waited for a moment to sink into tender flesh. The Minotaur charged into Sulephet knocking the steed aside and throwing its rider to the ground. Incensed with rage Morathi leapt in the air hovering over the beasts head swiping her blade across its face before landing behind it. Another two swings of the blade against the beast’s calves and it staggered to its knees. Before her body was balanced, she was knocked by a great force and sent hurtling towards the cave wall.

Her entire body cried out in pain, her body paralyzed as she slumped to the ground. Through blurred vision she saw the beast stagger towards her hearing its roar muffled and distant. She summoned her dark magic, its power flowing through her body vibrating and pulsing through her veins countering the pain she suffered. As her eyes leaked with darkness she called out in a dark booming voice “Arnizipal show yourself to me” No sound could be heard except from the emerging vortex that crackled and hissed as dimensions ripped open allowing the black horror to emerge. Its features could not be seen, only a three yellow eyes fixing its gaze upon its prey.

Menacing laughter emerged from the portal as a giant hand burst forth grasping the Minotaur and slowly dragging it into the vortex. Engulfed with the power of darkness Morathi stood and spoke to the beast for the final time.
“Worshiper of Khorne you failed! I banish you from this world into the infernal depths of Arnizipal’s lair where his will awaits you”

“I may have failed Witch but I was just the first, there are many more of us out there who hunger for your demise and we shall have it! Your fate is sealed; you cannot comprehend the suffering you will face along with your false Gods! Your lands will be ours it is just a matter of time”

“I look forward to silencing them all wretched one! you have crossed many dimensions to die It pleases me to deliver it, eternity awaits you lost soul”

The void was sealed and the beast taken with it, within moments the dark energy she had summoned began to leave the cave and her body forcing her to collapse to the ground as pain engulfed her body once again. She could hear Sulephet moan but there was nothing she could do, the pain was to paralyzing. She closed her eyes feeling a deep sense of shame when she opened them and saw a purple haze followed by her sprites that rallied around her.

In the distance the sound of marching hooves echoed through the cave as Draivner and his riders charged through seeing to his mistress and her faithful steed.
“My lady I am sorry we did not ride here fast enough, we could have saved you the pain you now endure”

“Save me your pity, I have no use for it! Get me back to my tower I need to deal with these wounds, and bring Sulephet to the beast masters he is injured also”

“As you wish my lady”.