questions of mutiny

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Raithial
Slave on the Altar

questions of mutiny

Post by Raithial »

So, I recently started collecting Dark Elves, and I wanted to find a story that suits my own character-style.. soo...~
How widespread is Mutiny in a dark-elf armada? I mean, I am currently working but I actually sort of want them to splinter off from a larger fleet, and the way I was planning on doing that was by having a lesser dreadlord stand up to a larger one, and through political means and deception/threats have them oppose each other with a minimum of blood being spilt.
Offcourse there would be at least 1 assasination-attempt and a lot of glaring and cursing at underlings because they're crammed into a ship and neither has a way to escape as they patroll the borders of Ulthuan looking for a descent raiding site.
Has this kind of mutiny ever occured, and what is the likelihood of such an action succeeding in it's execution?
I'd like your opinions on it.
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Well, I'm not that intimate with the specific stories in the fluff, but corsairs are by their nature very independent, so the idea of one captain of a corsair fleet of four of five ships breaking off for their own reasons seems quite viable to me. Go for it.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Raven_halo
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Raven_halo »

Treachery and deceit is something that makes Druchii society thrive in its own ironic way. There is a deep rivalry between the temples and the cult of pleasure, and I dare say every single part of Druchii society. I wouldn’t worry about mutiny being “un fluffy” quite the opposite.