It is time to state your allegiance.

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: It is time to state your allegiance.

Post by Calisson »

Gladisknight wrote:I have no idea what the Wood Elves will become
The Indians had no idea what they would become when they welcomed the Pilgrim Fathers.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Malekith is a ruler. It is made plain when we visits the widowmaker for the first time.

He has lackeys to do dirty work. It's called delegating responsibilities. He only gets involved personally when absolutely necessary... and is foiled by GW writers in a cartoon villain fashion.

Not anymore! The elves will unite under the one true king.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Malekith has finally been recognized as the rightful ruler of all elves! We will follow him, and if the witch elves will not, they will meet with their God on this very day! After all, Khainites are tools. Carefully tempered for one purpose: unleash them upon the enemy to do the bloodshedding and dying, and then the Druchii backbone might safely take the field and the day.

That being said: 100% agreeing with Daeron... Stick comedy on Malekiths part, if he is as powerful as he is made out in the fluff, there is really no way he should have failed these many times over...

But as to Swordmasters mocking remarks: let us not forget that Malekith slew a greater daemon of slaanesh singlehanded, and the guy survived in the realm of chaos. He is the greatest elf since his father, and now there is final proof.

What I am a bit annoyed about, however, is the fact that his sword is flaming :killed: thats like saying "we want to give Tyrion a complete failsafe such that he will still win a fight". Kind of lame... Although even Tyrion will fail a 2+ ward some time, and the multiple wounds hurts him alot more :badh:
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Cold73
Highborn

Post by Cold73 »

@Sword Master of Hoeth
I think you have to try harder to champion his cause :)

Do I really need to my friend...remember....history is written by the victor.
So in the case of skirmishes.... a 10000 Dark Elves fought a valiant battle againt 100000

Do you really want to point out to Malekith that there was an ehm....spelling error....in his history book?
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

Cold73 wrote:@Sword Master of Hoeth
I think you have to try harder to champion his cause :)

Do I really need to my friend...remember....history is written by the victor.
So in the case of skirmishes.... a 10000 Dark Elves fought a valiant battle againt 100000

Do you really want to point out to Malekith that there was an ehm....spelling error....in his history book?

LOL! !lol! Well played sir. *claps*
Deadsun
Trainee Warrior

Post by Deadsun »

I have been fighting to curry favour with Morathi too long to side with any Pheonix king!
Swordmaster of Hoeth
Executioner

Post by Swordmaster of Hoeth »

Hi guys!

@ Daeron

I decided to give GavT a chance and read a novel. Also, a friend of mine sent me the summary written by the person who read ET:Khaine and that made him reconsider the previous negative stance. We will see then what they really have in store for us. I don't hope for much but at least I will know first hand if it got a little better at least.

@ Haagrum

Well, Finubar has never claimed to be the best of the best in everything :) Also, Tyrion won because he tricked Poisonblade with the simplest trick, the rest is just your DE propaganda !lol!

@ Malekith

He is, for now. And look what mighty kingdom he has to rule over. Is it the harsh land of Naggaroth? Or is it mystic Ulthuan? Or maybe he succeeded in combining both? Nope. He rules over a handful of survivors that thanks to him are forced to live in exile.

As to having others to delegate the work that has to be done it also say on the quality of his management if he chooses incompetent fools to carry his orders. And as he executes them they don't even have a chance to learn from their mistakes. :)

@ Cold73

Indeed, but is he a victor? At best he achieved Pyrrhic victory, as he didn't reclaim Ulthuan at all and now leads only a few survivors. What is more, he does not do it alone. I don't think he himself is happy with such arrangements :)

Also, the story is not over yet. Wait for Archaon and his friends before you call anybody a victor. :-P
Haagrum
PhD in Dark Magic

Post by Haagrum »

Swordmaster of Hoeth wrote:Tyrion won because he tricked Poisonblade with the simplest trick, the rest is just your DE propaganda !lol!

No, that was Morathi's work. Poisonblade and Tyrion only thought he did. Ulthuan's great hope for the future was her puppet, even then. :)

Tyrion was wearing the best armour and using the best weapons his race had available, and he still needed help to win. Make of that what you will.

I'm really enjoying this back-and-forth banter, though. :D

Swordmaster of Hoeth wrote:As to having others to delegate the work that has to be done it also say on the quality of his management if he chooses incompetent fools to carry his orders. And as he executes them they don't even have a chance to learn from their mistakes.

This is a perfectly logical management approach:

1. Malekith usually loses as a result of an author's saving thow or deus ex machina thwarting his underlings.

2. Ergo, it stands to reason that using the same underlings again would attract the same narrative/divine consequences. Clearly, capricious writers/gods have acted against those of his subordinates who fail.

3. If #2 is correct, an authorial/divine grudge against his underlings actually is the problem when one of Malekith's plans fail, and removing them before trying again is the most appropriate response which is within Malekith's power to control.

:mrgreen:
"The wrath of a good man is not to be feared. They have too many rules."

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not a good time to find out why I have so many."
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Got the book.
It did strike me to read that the Ost of Aestyrion is on the side of Forces of Destruction, :o_O:
while Malekith and both his osts (Phoenix & Eternity) are on the side of Forces of Order. :shock:

With the insight coming from the few paragraphs I had time to read, it seems that the first one to change allegiance was Malekith himself, convinced by Teclis to become the next Phoenix King, renouncing his own former pseudo allegiance to Khaine.
Progressively, Tyrion changed allegiance too, in order to resist Teclis's plans, and became the avatar of Khaine.

With this in mind, this allegiance thread becomes more complex - and more interesting.

Will you keep our allegiance to Malekith AND renounce the vengeance against Ulthuan we pursued for milleniums,
or will you keep our allegiance to our cause, despite the treason of our leader?

Note that personal interest is paramount.
Malus Darkblade feels strong enough to be ready to claim for himself the throne - but fails epicly and dies.
Hellebron hardly can take sides and is neutral for most of the book, but her hatred against Morathi is so strong that she finally fights against her and the Avatar of Khaine! She loses her beloved COB in the process but will ultimately move to Athel Loren... Shadowblade works for her.
Lokhir betrays Malekith for personal interests - but he receives a poisoned arrow as Tyrion is killed.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

So clarification?

Malus is Dead :killed:
Lokhir is Dead :killed:

Malekith is no longer a force for Chaos - might as well be :killed:

Is Morathi :killed:

GW have wiped out all our Heroes in one foul swoop :killed: to GW :evil:
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

In my humble opinion... We are the Druchii Dreadlords and Ladies - whom we choose to follow is up to us. I have long hated the High Elves because they denied the birthright of my liege lord and king, Malekith. This is no longer the case. They have accepted Him as Phoenix King, and as such my reasons for waging war upon them are gone. A unified forces of Elves fighting for the survival of their race? Obviously, they are a force of order. A cast-out fraction led by the traitor Tyrion, who fights only to kill and spill blood? Destruction, of course.

Malekith, the Eternity King. All elves are unified under him. He has brought peace and stability - at a price, yes, but now the unified forces of the elves may stand shoulder by shoulder against the tides of Chaos, as they should. I'm going to have to purchase myself some glade guards. Although I have a hard time seeing myself use high elf units :P
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Haagrum
PhD in Dark Magic

Post by Haagrum »

Thraundil wrote:I have a hard time seeing myself use high elf units :P

Agreed - I'll add the Wood Elves into the host, but never the High Elves. The scars run too deep (in real life).

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not a good time to find out why I have so many."
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

You have real life scars from High Elves? What'd you do, step on a unit of old metal Silver Helms in the dark or something?
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
Haagrum
PhD in Dark Magic

Post by Haagrum »

direweasel wrote:You have real life scars from High Elves? What'd you do, step on a unit of old metal Silver Helms in the dark or something?

Nothing so dire (no pun intended) - just prolonged abuse at the hands of a creator's-pet army and several of its players from 3rd edition Warhammer until the present day.

I may require therapy for this at some point. :burns:

Christoph
Trainee Warrior

Post by Christoph »

It's worth noting that Order doesn't necessarily mean Good. I have always pictured Druchii as a largely Lawful-Evil society anyway, to use D&D terms. Malekith could lead the elves to put the world under his iron boot and still fit with Order. His Order.
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

All you Malekith lovers should move to Ulthuan.net

There is not enough chat about Aestyrion :P
Diobarach
Black Guard

Post by Diobarach »

Cultofkhaine wrote:All you Malekith lovers should move to Ulthuan.net

There is not enough chat about Aestyrion :P

Seriously, I think Malekith's rule of the high elves will be short-lived, of the 3 high elf players I know, they all vehemently reject anything to do with him. There is no way he's lasting. Funny to see some of the online folks trying to rationalize him as their new leader, I imagine strong back-pedalling for them...

SPOILERS: I think Khaine is dead (long live Khaine) but Tyrion will be back. Teclis bound light to his staff and went down with his brother, my guess he'll sacrifice himself and bind light into his brother and resurrect him as the incarnate of light. The fluff seems to indicate that wood elves are least affected by the events, they seem like the dominant faction going forward...
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

Cultofkhaine wrote:So clarification?

Malus is Dead :killed:
Lokhir is Dead :killed:

Malekith is no longer a force for Chaos - might as well be :killed:

Is Morathi :killed:

GW have wiped out all our Heroes in one foul swoop :killed: to GW :evil:

And they made a slut of Allarielle and killed my favorite High Elf! :killed: This is worse than the Brits losing the World Cup, right? Let's riot and loot! ;)

Haagrum wrote:
direweasel wrote:You have real life scars from High Elves? What'd you do, step on a unit of old metal Silver Helms in the dark or something?

Nothing so dire (no pun intended) - just prolonged abuse at the hands of a creator's-pet army and several of its players from 3rd edition Warhammer until the present day.

I may require therapy for this at some point. :burns:

Third?!! You've been at this as long as I have! Maybe a tad longer. And I have a fully painted High Elf army so..yeah...going to run Executioners with the Banner of the World Dragon. Hehe!! !lol!

Again, I ask, in light of GW's fluff will we have Cauldrons of Blood in 9th edition? :?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Well, there's a possibility that the fluff might be twisted to reflect the need to sell models in stock. :burns:
Kouran, Tullaris = no model = :killed:
Malus = very old model, out of stock = :killed:
Morathi = very old model, well sold because there are no other pegasus = :killed: (warning: soon no pegasus will be available anymore)
Lokhir = ageing model well sold = no stock left = :killed:
Malekith = many models made, never sold = same model, changing fluff.
Hellebron, Shadowblade = new model, not sold enough = kept alive.
Khainites models = new WE, new COB = kept available despite fluff tells Khaine is dead. :o_O:

With this theory, all new models will last.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

^^Cynical.

But very probably true !lol!
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

Gidean wrote:
Third?!! You've been at this as long as I have! Maybe a tad longer. And I have a fully painted High Elf army so..yeah...going to run Executioners with the Banner of the World Dragon. Hehe!! !lol!

What edition was being played in '94? That's when I started.
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

4th (began 1992)
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Druchii following Malekith blindly even after reading the new book are like nazi's following Hitler
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

The Black Ark Heart of Darkness was always loyal to the cause of reunifying the elves.

If Malekith finally came to his senses to put aside senseless slaughter of his own kin, we will warily follow his lead while keeping a close eye on his actions.

Hail the Eternal King!
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

direweasel wrote:
Gidean wrote:

What edition was being played in '94? That's when I started.

That was 4th.