It is time to state your allegiance.

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Re: It is time to state your allegiance.

Post by T.D. »

Amboadine wrote:
Kheotour wrote:I choose Menghil. Is he mentioned at all in any of The End Times stories? I have been using him as my army general since 3rd edition.

No mention as far as I remember.

I think you are on to a winner there Kheotour.

If GW forget a character they may survive the cull !lol!
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Jvh792
Highborn

Post by Jvh792 »

Ima let you finish but, Malekith is the baddest mamma-jamma there ever was........
Ok, but let's talk about how cool that khaine book was though!?!?!?!
"With hate, all things are possible." - Malus Darkblade
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

Jvh792 wrote:Ima let you finish but, Malekith is the baddest mamma-jamma there ever was........
Ok, but let's talk about how cool that khaine book was though!?!?!?!

NO! A miracle beyond belief happen and my local game store got in a copy which the owner sold to me. At discount even! So Sshhhh!
Shinankoku
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Shinankoku »

Hail to the Uniter of the Three Nations of the Eldar!

Hail to the King ... Not the one we want, but the One We Need!

The Eternity King

Serious, though, I love his stay line ... Can't wait to ram his dragon-riding-butt down Nagash's throat. And I enjoyed the read from the book well enough. The real problem for us, as DE players is that we are losing our identity. I think everyone kind of aludes to it, but I didnt see any poster come out and state it. If we win, and we do, now what? Its kind of a serious question, not that I'm suggesting that anyone here has their real-world identity too wrapped up in a table top war game. It does go to the heart of 'what's up with Warhammer?' Is there even going to be druchii in 9thed?? There's the very real pride issue - I love playing DE! Now I - what - play all these elf armies? And then there's the more practical issues. Is GW going to redo the entire line in the new ed? It's easier for GW to unite the three armies of chaos under one list, they always went together anyway. Undead is easier too; back in the day they were the same list!!
"Tripping the Darkness Fantastic"
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

Shinankoku wrote:The real problem for us, as DE players is that we are losing our identity. I think everyone kind of aludes to it, but I didnt see any poster come out and state it.

I've stated it on other threads. The only reason I am supporting unification at this points is the End Times contribution to boosting the WH player base.

Shinankoku wrote:not that I'm suggesting that anyone here has their real-world identity too wrapped up in a table top war game.

You haven't read enough of my posts :mrgreen:

Shinankoku wrote: It does go to the heart of 'what's up with Warhammer?' Is there even going to be druchii in 9thed?? There's the very real pride issue - I love playing DE! Now I - what - play all these elf armies? And then there's the more practical issues. Is GW going to redo the entire line in the new ed?

That is the question. We'll just have to wait and see!
Shinankoku
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Shinankoku »

Amusingly, those High Elf playing schmucks over at ulthuan.net are having more of an identity crisis than we :)

(I say "schmuck" with all the love and kindness I have in my Dark Elf playing heart)
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

Shinankoku wrote:Amusingly, those High Elf playing schmucks over at ulthuan.net are having more of an identity crisis than we :)

To be fair to them:

- they rejected the true Phoenix King
- their entire six millennia history of "truth" and righteousness has been based on a lie
- they were tortured by Dark Elves and Daemons for the majority of that six millennia history
- the Vortex they were protecting for most of their history is gone, and now...
- the guy responsible for that six millennia of predation is now their True High King (tee hee)
- their homeland -- that magnificent island continent -- and all of their fluff, is now at the bottom of the sea
- one of their greatest all-time heroes has copped it, temporarily leaving their Everqueen without a consort...
- Malekith is now dominating said Everqueen in the bedroom like we are used to dominating them on the tabletop.

So ...you can see why things are quite raw atm :burns:

Party on!
Shinankoku
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Shinankoku »

You know, when you put it like that, well ... that's downright sexy!!
Jvh792
Highborn

Post by Jvh792 »

Ya, I wouldn't worry about it. It's not a 9th ed rules amendment. The DE will still exist
"With hate, all things are possible." - Malus Darkblade
Haagrum
PhD in Dark Magic

Post by Haagrum »

T.D. wrote:
Shinankoku wrote:Amusingly, those High Elf playing schmucks over at ulthuan.net are having more of an identity crisis than we :)

To be fair to them:

- they rejected the true Phoenix King
- their entire six millennia history of "truth" and righteousness has been based on a lie
- they were tortured by Dark Elves and Daemons for the majority of that six millennia history
- the Vortex they were protecting for most of their history is gone, and now...
- the guy responsible for that six millennia of predation is now their True High King (tee hee)
- their homeland -- that magnificent island continent -- and all of their fluff, is now at the bottom of the sea
- one of their greatest all-time heroes has copped it, temporarily leaving their Everqueen without a consort...
- Malekith is now dominating said Everqueen in the bedroom like we are used to dominating them on the tabletop.

Party on!

To add to the above, in the end, it was two of their greatest heroes - IIRC, the first special characters in Warhammer, no less - who brought about the destruction of their homeland and much of their race.

Someone else's ice cube was finally colder than the High Elves' one, and they don't like it. Along with the whole "righteousness/chosen of the Creator" schtick, that was their raison d'etre, but now that's gone. You don't see us losing our minds over the destruction of Naggaroth, the death of several of our gods, and the summary slaughtering of most of our special characters.

After more than two decades of wargaming against self-righteous High Elves players, my sentiments about their existential crisis are summarised below:

Last edited by Haagrum on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The wrath of a good man is not to be feared. They have too many rules."

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not a good time to find out why I have so many."
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

Haagrum wrote:
To add to the above, in the end, it was two of their greatest heroes - IIRC, the first special characters in Warhammer, no less - who brought about the destruction of their homeland and much of their race.

Someone else's ice cube was finally colder than the High Elves' one, and they don't like it. Along with the whole "righteousness/chosen of the Creator" schtick, that was their raison d'etre, but now that's gone. You don't see us losing our minds over the destruction of Naggaroth, the death of several of our gods, and the slaughter of most of our special characters.

After more than two decades of wargaming against self-righteous High Elves players, my sentiments about their existential crisis are summarised below:

Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

T.D. wrote:

To be fair to them:

Party on!

T.D. I love ya man...I really do. Your posts generally make me smile and give me a chuckle. But...dude...you've got to knock this 'stuff' off. Your killing me bro!

Ok, I am coming out of the closet. I'm an Asur spy having lived here among you all these past two years. I even fell for a lovely Witch Elf. And even though her breath always has the coppery tang of blood upon it, I love her. What can I say...I dig the pain. But pain can only be tolerated so far. You see, while I love my Witch Elf, I worshipped Allarielle. So much so, I even had the famous figure painter, Jen Haley, paint MY Allarielle.

When you say these things about her and Mr. "Reject" it is like shoving bamboo under my nails bro. !eek! The dude is a burnt worm of an elf encased in complete plate armor. There's no zipper on his crotch man! This is a completely 'platonic' marriage dude. I challenge you or anyone else to show me what page in volume 1 of Warhammer: Khaine says this marriage has been consummated! :sick: It ain't happening bro! Malekith is like a freaking Chaos warrior! His armor is part of his skin. He can't take it off. If he bathes he bathes in the armor! THERE AIN'T NO BEDROOM SHENANIGANS GOING ON WITH THE EVERQUEEN!!! !mad!

*takes a deep breath and resumes his forum surfing.* ;)
Drasanil
Dru Perim

Post by Drasanil »

Gidean wrote:When you say these things about her and Mr. "Reject" it is like shoving bamboo under my nails bro. !eek! The dude is a burnt worm of an elf encased in complete plate armor. There's no zipper on his crotch man! This is a completely 'platonic' marriage dude. I challenge you or anyone else to show me what page in volume 1 of Warhammer: Khaine says this marriage has been consummated! :sick: It ain't happening bro! Malekith is like a freaking Chaos warrior! His armor is part of his skin. He can't take it off. If he bathes he bathes in the armor! THERE AIN'T NO BEDROOM SHENANIGANS GOING ON WITH THE EVERQUEEN!!! !mad!

*takes a deep breath and resumes his forum surfing.* ;)

Who says that his armor isn't ribbed for her pleasure? :mrgreen:

After all Malekith's incestuous relationship with his mother was part of the fluff for a long time and as recently as the new AB many dark elf noble houses claim descent from him. I mean lets kid not ourselves, the idea for the thing was Morathi's and taking super happy fun time into account was, more likely than not, somewhere on her list of priorities.
The truth behind the Sundering:
Rork wrote:High Elf: "I'm not fat!"
Dark Elf: "Of course you're not, dear. You've just grown lazy and indolent and wrecked the inheritance for our children!"
High Elf: "I want a divorce."
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

Your chivalry is certainly commendable.

Gidean wrote:The dude is a burnt worm of an elf encased in complete plate armor. There's no zipper on his crotch man! This is a completely 'platonic' marriage dude. This is a completely 'platonic' marriage dude. I challenge you or anyone else to show me what page in volume 1 of Warhammer: Khaine says this marriage has been consummated!

But you must have missed this part:

+
=
Haagrum
PhD in Dark Magic

Post by Haagrum »

Gidean wrote:
T.D. wrote:

To be fair to them:

Party on!

THERE AIN'T NO BEDROOM SHENANIGANS GOING ON WITH THE EVERQUEEN!!!

Precisely.

As an immortal royal couple with super-powers, Malekith and Alarielle wouldn't settle for a bedroom.
"The wrath of a good man is not to be feared. They have too many rules."

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not a good time to find out why I have so many."
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

As Shadow Incarnate Malekith most likely can create copies of himself Dr. Manhattan style.

Besides, what good designer would design armor fused to the skin and not leave a removable codpiece?
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

That Everqueen for cash post is hilarious T.D.
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

Amboadine wrote:That Everqueen for cash post is hilarious T.D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFlCD5CYAcU

Yes, it's safe for work or whatever. :)
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

@ T.D.

Yeah...sorry, my copy was missing those pages. !lol! Somewhere....someday...somehow....I will GET YOU T.D.!! :twisted: When you least expect it....expect it! :killed:

There. How's that for being a loyal Druchii at heart? ;)
Aicanor
Corsair

Post by Aicanor »

Consider this all happened so that Araloth can create a new world. From our souls. Now cry with me. !lol!
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

Aicanor wrote:Consider this all happened so that Araloth can create a new world.

For those who don't get the reference
Aicanor
Corsair

Post by Aicanor »

So you basically say it is one hell of a trip? In that case, I'll carry on with the festive spirit.

HAIL TO OUR NEW KING!

T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

The true purpose of the Skycutter has been revealed! :D
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Nice conversion, Aicanor! :D
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Jyrki
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Jyrki »

My allegiance is and always will be to Malekith, rightful king of all elves for all eternity.

My most fanatical khainites never hesitated, knowing that Tyrion was unworthy of their support, as he demonstrated later: strength makes you a khainite, not drawing a sword. As it was explained for millenia in our temples, Malekith has never drawn the Widowmaker because Khaine was waiting for the right time for this. What Tyrion did was a sacrilege and was doomed to fail.
It should be noted that the numerous assassins under my command have always been passionnately anti-Slaaneshi and anti-Morathi so her choice to side with Tyrion made it easy for them.
There was officially no traitor in our ranks (we just had a dreadful number of "suicides" lately...)
Last edited by Jyrki on Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.