A Mysterious Knight

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Jolemai
Executioner

A Mysterious Knight

Post by Jolemai »

Taken from here:

Araloth (the wood elf) ventured into the Realms of Chaos on a mission at one point and while there meets, and is aided by, a scholar, a sorcerer, and an unusually large knight in gleaming silver armor. He is described as speaking in a strange language and claims that he has made a name for himself within the Realms of Chaos. When he fights demons he can fling out his hand and have blue flame erupt amongst them (storm bolter with psy bolts?).

He distracts the demons long enough so that Araloth can complete his mission and on his way back out the elf sees the "knight" impaled upon a spear but still alive. He wants to save him but the scholar says that he will be fine and that the demons cannot ever truly kill him.

So it never says it's him... but it definitely sounds like Draigo to me. An overly large "knight" wandering the Realms of Chaos who is well known by its inhabitants? I think we just had out first 40k/Fantasy cross over in awhile. I think the writers thought they were being more subtle about it then they were...

What are your thoughts about this? Apparently it is a summary of a piece of fluff from the ET:Khaine book.
Diobarach
Black Guard

Re: A Mysterious Knight

Post by Diobarach »

Smashing. Who are the unusually normal scholar and sorcerer implied to be?
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Not the first cross over. Possibly in modern fluff but back in the beginning it was fairly common, there was even rules to use 40k weapons in fantasy.

Knight I believe is meant to be one of the Grey Knights whose name escapes me for the moment.
Curse_Bearer
Shade

Post by Curse_Bearer »

Kaldor Draigo, I think that's how it's spelled. I really like the nod in that story to him, made that part of Khaine really fun to read.

Apparently some people can't handle it and are crying over on Warseer...Silliness.