a 2nd sorceress

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Ocean soul
Dark Rider

a 2nd sorceress

Post by Ocean soul »

to my growing force of druchii's I simply need a second sorceress on foot but don't know what model to use, any sugestions?
...but that's just my 2 cents
Lord nekal
Warrior

Post by Lord nekal »

Reaper Miniatures produces some awesome dark elf models, my favourite is the 'witch queen of taltos' which can very well be used as a sorceress for DE.
just put 'Reaper Miniatures' in google or something like that and u´ll most likely find an online-store where you can get them. any decent fantasy-shop should have them as well, but they´re usually not in any recognisable order so you´ll need some time finding what you´re looking for...
I was here
Aachil lathanast
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Aachil lathanast »

You have several minnies you could use from GW range but it depends how good are you at converting. With small changes you could use Wood elves sorceress or even one from Vampire range.
Weak perish so that the strong can live. It is the law of nature. It is the law of the Druchii.
Asterion
Beastmaster

Post by Asterion »

make it yourself from warriors (female body) and add some other parts from other races...
If a man hasn't found something to die for, he isn't fit to live.
Elvenknight
Elf on the Altar with the Axe

Post by Elvenknight »

I'm getting the Bretonian Socs, you get one mounted and one on foot. You don't need much green stuff to turn them to the druchii.
Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie!" untill you can find a big stick.

The Album is here for all your army photos - Album Moderator
/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Post by /\\//\ »

For my mounted Dark Elf Sorc I've got a Lahmian Vampyre on Dark Steed. However she just doesn't seem very Dark Elfy :? . I might try the Brett Sorc instead.
Heldrak
Renegade Priest of Vaul

Post by Heldrak »

For a sorceress on foot, use the old Talisman plastic Dark Elf Sorceress (Available in the Wizards "toybox" with 7 other plastic Wizards).

For a mounted Sorceress, call the GW US Archive service & get the old 2-piece Marauder Sorceress with the Cobra Staff (Not the one from the old Dark Pegasus, who is butt-ugly and looks much more like a Witch Elf anyway).

Reaper (& other manufacturers) make some nice figures that would be fine to use in friendly games, but they won't be tournament-legal in GW-sponsored events.
Auric stormcloud
The Black Serpent

Post by Auric stormcloud »

For my second sorceress, I used the standard model, but made a staff change (removed the skull and added an orb-like thing).

Consider also using Lelith (Dark Eldar Wych character) with a different staff. It might work.
Poo-tee-weet?
Ocean soul
Dark Rider

Post by Ocean soul »

ok i'm searching on the GW oneline store to see if find something. I'm pretty good at converting (got some exp from my orks) and I think that I can convert a model from GW range.

see ya
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

What does your first foot sorceress look like? Knowing that would help . . .

If you haven't already done it for your first one, the hag taht comes with the Cauldron of Blood is good as-is or to use as a base for conversions.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Ocean soul
Dark Rider

Post by Ocean soul »

my first sorceress is the regular one, you know she with the staff with a skeleton-look-a-like thing on the top of it. the CoB hag is very nice but I think is to expensive to buy a CoB just to get the hag. I have think about the bretonian sorceress on foot, with some conversions she will look alike an druchii sorceress.

see ya
Heldrak
Renegade Priest of Vaul

Post by Heldrak »

You can buy just the Hag (or any single GW component) either through the GW online store or over the phone...
Mordru
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mordru »

I use the COB Hag (ordered just her from GW mail order about $3.00 a couple of years ago when I got her) I converted her to use the small dragon from the COK champ on the left and gave her a whip in the right.
To strive, to persevere, to conquer.
Vogon
Highborn

Post by Vogon »

I use a couple of I-Kore figures for Sorceresses as I don't like any of the current sorceress figures (except morathi).

try

http://www.i-kore.com/acatalog/Online_C ... 12_24.html

for a couple of interesting female characters.

Vogon
Now choose either die in the vacuum of space or...........
Tell me how good you thought my poem was.

**Make Tea Not War**
Reika
Warrior

Post by Reika »

The problem with using different companys' models is that they would not be usable in sanctioned tounaments.

Not that I really have any better suggestions than those already given :(
Darkness beyond twilight, crimson from blood that flows, buried in the flow of time. In Thy great name, I pledge myself to darkness! Those who oppose us shall be destroyed by the power you and I possess! Dragon Slave!
Sneaky the ii
Assassin

Post by Sneaky the ii »

Use the model of the witches that protect the couldron of blood. They look very well. If posible get the 5 edition one with the mask..
And you thought it couldn´t get any worse...
Dreadlord
Slave on the Altar

Post by Dreadlord »

You need a Sorceress, yes? You can make one using morathi's upper body and almost any robed legs. If i were you i'd go for a "forbidden" look and choose a male sorcere, either the old citadel one or, better yet, a slight conversion or the Rakart model from wh40k (yeah, you know, the one that looks like a cenobite).
-With this revision coming i can finally sell the boxes i ordered 2 years ago!