highborn on chariot, conversion needs advice

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Oeric
Master Assassin

highborn on chariot, conversion needs advice

Post by Oeric »

hey guys,

ive just finished my latest conversion of a noble on dark pegasus and now want to start off on a highborn on foot. im using the bottom part of an arm off a normal dark elf, the 40k power fist and a sheild from a cold one knight. The only problem is that the power fist is left handed, the sheild looks like it should go in the left hand and also i cant find a model with a bare head and a left arm that is easy to conver without having to cut into the main body.

By the way this guy has
1) the gauntlet of power
2) heavy armour
3) a sea dragon cloak
4) a sheild (normally enchanted) and
5) a whip

im leaning towards using the black guard model showing his head, with the halberd in the right arm, changing the halberd to a whip. Changing the left arm to a gauntlet and where the arm was cut off from the torso putting the sheild there. He is going to be in a chariot so thats why im giving him the whip

Please help because i thiink i may need this conversion within the next week for a game.
Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life.
Lord khelek
Trainee Warrior

Post by Lord khelek »

Or you can also try cutting off the shell-trumpet from the corsairs'musician and modeling him the whip in that arm or also use the whip of the female soldier that is sold with the chariot. for the shield is a little hard to say... You may not like the head, so I'd try cutting him off the corsair's head and giving him another one, such as the Beastmaster on Manticore's one.

Have fun.
"He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat."
Vraneththecruel
Noble

Post by Vraneththecruel »

I think the idea you already had was pretty good.
My avatar is kind of hypocritical isnt it?