Dark Elf nobles on foot conversions ideas

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Swingu
Slave on the Altar

Dark Elf nobles on foot conversions ideas

Post by Swingu »

Hmm. I guess noone thought about using Black Guard command as nobles on foot...

Imagine the standard bearer. You remove the standard, give the guy a sword with it's blade going down and reaching the base level (pointing to the ground), and you make the dragon cloak by simply using the method from the last WD - pressing modelling putty ballso on his cloak. No real sculpting needed. And he looks mean too!

Same with the champions- when you need the great weapon or the Crimson Death you only model the cloak to be a SDC. Nothing simpler.

I'm gonna try those soon, had the idea ever since I saw the models in WD.
Dubito ergo cogito, cogito ergo sum.
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Actually Black Guard (and Corsair) command models are among the more common choices for characters on foot.
But still, it's a good idea! :)

Bye
Thanee
Lord Thalack
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Thalack »

I'm going to convert the executioners champion to a noble. Probably to go in a chariot, but maybe on foot.

Bye
Lord Thalack
Redemptionist
Corsair

Post by Redemptionist »

Well my 2 druchii conversions are as follows,

the simple-est conversion is of the limited edition aenur of twilight model, i simply got green stuff and convered his mouth so it looks like a scarf, then i painted him druchii and he looks like a bad-ass, also he can be used as either a noble or an assassin.

My latest conversion im doing now is based on the original dark eldar lord, i found the model in my bits box, it was in a bad condition with a missing foot and both arms chopped off.So ive had to resculpt a foot, and ive added a sword with arm, yhe sword was taken from the dark rider command figure and the sword arm was a druchii musician arm, ive also added a shield arm on the other side using a shield and a spear arm, it has required a fair bit on resculpting but it looks really cool, and the druchii noble/highborn is bigger than the other dark elves so thats cool,

wish i had a camera to show u pics :(
"In a gloom as wide as an eye i am fermenting,roiling hate, death grip in my veins unveiling rancid petals,flowering forth foul nectar the space between a blink and a tear.........Death Blooms"

Mudvayne-Death Blooms
Quasekomiki
Highborn

Post by Quasekomiki »

Well,

Mine's made completely out of plastics...

Plastic Warrior legs & torso.
Remodeled right arm so that fist sticks out straight in front of him (thumb up).
Remodeled left arm so that he seems to have made a sideway sweep (from right to left) with his sword, sharp side pointing outwards.
Made a big sword from a couple of spear blades (added ring from skeleton pendant from the command sprue to the hilt).
Added a Marauder cloak (I'm planning on painting that one like a white lion, battle trophee, you know)
Head unconverted, still thinking about that one...
Remodeled hind foot so that he can stand with his front foot on something elevated (like a rock, shield,...) which gives a more dynamic look.

Now I'm doubting about the next step...

Glue head (race to be defined) to bottom of fist (making hair from come out of top side of fist) and paint a blood part on the sword => head has just been cut off...

Or

Convert a whole body (again, race to be defined) falling backwards, headless, head will be attached to sword as if just cut off.
Opening in chest of falling opponent, threads towards fist & heart pending under fist...

Whaddaya think?
If you must choose between two evils,
pick the one you've never tried before
Swingu
Slave on the Altar

Post by Swingu »

Head? Well, I don't like the DE plastics very much (and they seem pretty useless in comparison to corsairs), but if you are looking for a mean, cruel head, find an Eldar player and get a bare Guardian head. If painted properly it looks bad-ass... Now, bear in mind that 40K minis seem to be larger, so it might as well not fit... But you can always try.
Dubito ergo cogito, cogito ergo sum.
Quasekomiki
Highborn

Post by Quasekomiki »

Thx 4 the tip... I'll check it out if I manage to find a 40K player
Eric
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Eric »

The lady chariot rider makes an excellent female noble.
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

My bsb on foot is a converted Black Guard standard bearer with a hand made standard and my noble on foot is a converted Black Guard champion. The same model was converted to offer a noble with crinson death.
Haplo
Highborn

Post by Haplo »

I just made a SDC on the black guard musician(as a test run for my highborn) and it looks great! I used tiny balls of greenstuff and then modeled them to look like scales with the end of a match(the round end)! this sure has potential, and I'm looking forward to converting command groups from executioners too!
Lord draekor
Shade

Post by Lord draekor »

I created one from a Corsair Champion. I took a Black Guard halberd, cut off the sword on the corsair, drilled a hole and inserted the halberd. I added a Dark Rider repeater crossbow by cutting off the head the corsair was carrying and simply gluing on the crossbow.

Now I can use him in various combinations of weapons/magic items:

halberd w/ lifetaker
Crimson Death w/ repeater
halberd w/ repeater

I added the weapons primarily because I thought they'd look cool. He's worked out quite well as a noble on foot.

His name is angaur and can be viewed in the gallery:

http://druchii.net/gallery/Characters?&page=3
Lord Draekor
Dragon9
Assassin

Post by Dragon9 »

I actually bought a Celtos model to proxy as a noble/highborn on foot. Can;t remember the exact name of the mini. I just balled up some kneadite and pressed it on the cape that was modelled on him. I also used two other Celtos minis to proxy as a sorceress (looks like she has a pet baby cold one!) and a hag.
"The dark elves have everything cool. They are pirate blood cultist ninjas riding dinosaurs and flinging magic. They're metal. They're the most metal race out there, rivaled only by Warriors of Chaos. They bring a cauldron of boiling blood onto the battlefield. You don't get much more metal than that." -- Mostlyharmless on Warseer

My Blog: A Small World - My Life in Miniatures

Image Image
Lord dalamar do'urden
Morathi's Champion

Post by Lord dalamar do'urden »

ok try this one. lower body and legs of exicutioner cut off at waist top half of malakith model. if you dont like the head add the beastmasters head and there you have a very simple but efective unique character.
Phil
Trash 'em
Trainee Warrior

Post by Trash 'em »

Well where do I start? My initial plan was to convert my whole DE army, but since I had to complete the army for a tournament the spearmen and corsairs aren't. My army has, amongst others, these conversions:

A dark pegasus made from an elven steed, wings from the old VC winged nightmare, green stuff horn, skulls, and two slaves from the dark eldar range. I have made a hole in the saddle where the pins on my riders (high sorceress, nobles or highborns) fit into.

A highborn/noble made from the upper body and arms of a dark eldar vect (asdrubael vect), feet from a DE knight, lance from green stuff, and the back of his seat from plastic card and the small dragon from the knight champion.

2 shades made from sigmarite sisters (mordheim) with swords from DR champion and warrior champion, crossbows from the warrior sprue and green stuff cloaks.

Highborn made from malus darkblade with a dead HE on the base and a bit of green stuff.

A sorceress made fromdark eldar lelith hesperax (those dark eldar are so easy to convert into DE!).

Well, that's the most elaborate ones...
Anything but a 1
Delekth
Corsair

Post by Delekth »

for my heros on foot i used the executioner champion, cut off his pony tail of jair and replaced it with the tail for morathis mount sulphet! it might sound weird but i think it works.

:twisted: pain is temporary,pride is forever! :twisted:
Vraneththecruel
Noble

Post by Vraneththecruel »

MIne is the COK champion torso with executioner legs an Malus' SDC. My mounted one uses COK champion legs and an executioner torso (one with weapon over his head) and gave him the Dark Rider standard as an axe. And for his cold one I put the black coach head thing for the nightmares (reshaped) on its head. Some skulls on chains, pendants, and stuff and he looks pretty cool.

I hope to get a camera pretty soon to show you some pics.
My avatar is kind of hypocritical isnt it?
Gzaytleo
Noble

Post by Gzaytleo »

Mine is a corsair champion (You know the one with an axe) with a COK champion head and Malus Darkblades sword instead of the axe and a shield sticked into the ground (He is still holding his head)
Long time no see.
Vraneththecruel
Noble

Post by Vraneththecruel »

wont that head look big on him?
My avatar is kind of hypocritical isnt it?
Gzaytleo
Noble

Post by Gzaytleo »

I have cut a little bit so it seems like part of the helmet is covered by the SDC just like the originals head was... So it looks kinda good...
Long time no see.
Ariakhas stormreaver
Trainee Warrior

Post by Ariakhas stormreaver »

Old CoK champion torso.

Spear or Halberd instead of the sword.

"heavy Metal" HE sorcerer (you know, the one "doing" horns with his left hand) legs, horns from Dwarf warriors box and a lot of green stuff

Looks cool!
Turn back, go home, this is Ghrond's gate, and I'll never let you in!
Oeric
Master Assassin

Post by Oeric »

mines a male charioteer with a 40k chaos power fist and the females whip. aaaalso has the arm with the GOP pointed forwards as if he is about to whip someone (is on a chariot)

has any one got any ideas for making the model bigger as the model just seems like an ordinary charioteer???

Noble on dark pegasus has morathis legs cut off and filed. the model is a cold one knight legs, warrior torso, warrior right arm straightened w/finger pointing, beastmaster left arm converted, with a 40k imperial guardsman catachan dagger, remoled for the sword of might/hand weapon
Quasekomiki
Highborn

Post by Quasekomiki »

Trash 'Em wrote:A sorceress made fromdark eldar lelith hesperax (those dark eldar are so easy to convert into DE!).

Can I ask how you did this? What exactly did you convert on her?

I was planning on using her as a Sorceress too, but just paint her up like the rest of my army.
Powerfulfawn
Cold One Knight

Post by Powerfulfawn »

Hey Kormer, the link for your pic dont work.
I think it's cause the gallery's changed
Kaleth_blackheart
Slave on the Altar

Post by Kaleth_blackheart »

I use the executioner champion with a black guard halberd fod my noble or even some times my highborn.
Time is a waste of life, life is a waste of time, so lets all get wasted and have the time of our lives.
Lord khelek
Trainee Warrior

Post by Lord khelek »

I have just completed a Beastmaster model. I took the male Beastmaster from the Hydra box and removed him that object (talisman? chicken-leg?) in the left hand and put a sword instead. then I took the HE Dragon Princes' Standard Bearer lance and changed it a little bit so that now it looks like a Druchii lance.
"He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat."