Urien Rakarth's Head

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Urien Rakarth's Head

Post by Dalamar »

I just bought Urien Rakarth with Bracchus (my 3rd dragon btw) and can't think of any way to convert his head (Urien's not Bracchus') It just doesn't fit 6th ed. DE IMO... any ideas? (I'm not good at complicated cutting so I'd rather use something easier :P)
Bane of ulthuan
Shade

Post by Bane of ulthuan »

It depends what you want.

Do you want the head to be wearing a helmet or uncovered?

If you want it to be uncovered I'd go with the seriously strict looking Corsair champions face (the one who is pointing with his left hand) or maybe have a look at some of the Dark Eldar models. (I usually use Dark Eldar for conversions because they're intended to be the Dark Elves of the 40K world.)

If you want him wearing a helmet or something like that you can't really go wrong with the helmet's the Black Guard wear. Just a bit of a trim or add a bit here or there to make it look unique.

You're best off going into your local GW and having a look through the model catalogues to see if anything catches you're eye. That's what I always do.

Hope that was some help to you :D
You leave your heart behind, you/leave your soul behind, you
Leave your head
And leave your mind
You won't need it where we're going
Still I see your black stars when you're coming for me
Well don't it just fit like that?
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Everything would be fine if not the cutting involved... his head is joined with sword and pauldrons (shoulder guard) so I just won't try it cause i'll mess the whole model... I think I'll just stay with his head like it is...
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

You're right, that head is kind of hard to remove. What I would do (and have done in part) is paint the "horns" on the side of the helmet as flames. With the sword painted in the same way, he could become more like a hell rider on dragon :D . I actually like that particular model, myself. Its something fresh (or stale rather).
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Vraneththecruel
Noble

Post by Vraneththecruel »

I use a dremel. Cut it like a hot knife through butter. then Ide put some dark eldar spikes on a HE warrior head (I did this for my highborn it looks really cool).
My avatar is kind of hypocritical isnt it?