i have six dark elf warriors boxes

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Impure souls
Highborn

i have six dark elf warriors boxes

Post by Impure souls »

this box set rules. i made my spear armed warriors so i needed two boxes with extra 12 repeater armed warriors. then i figured out a way to convert my execautioners>two more boxes. and spear armed warriors rule so i made another lot> two more boxes and another 12 repeater armed warriors as well. thay all arnt in my army but converting my execautioners saved me lots of money. can anyone think of what else they could make using them?? a broad modelling perspective is needed and it doesnt have to be druchii only, it can be other races as well.

spirit hosts for vampire counts.merceneries for other races.etc
i shape my weapons, from the fears of my enemy.
Vraneththecruel
Noble

Post by Vraneththecruel »

wow. maybe you should post this on the modelling forum if you want more responses. you must tell me how you converted your executioners!
My avatar is kind of hypocritical isnt it?
Vraneththecruel
Noble

although I already bought 40 of them....... :D
Jaqtaar
Cold One Knight

Post by Jaqtaar »

You could make dark riders out of them.

Use the torso/arms/head of the plastic sprue ,add some metal legs fitting the elven steeds ...would have to be ellyrian reaver or glade rider legs.

If you have to order those missing parts it probably won't be that much cheaper ,but if you know someone playing HE...
Druchii! Hear my voice!
Let your blades be keen! Let your hearts be iron and your thews steel! Let your grim visors be the last thing that the scum of Ulthuan see in this life!
In the name of Naggaroth and the Witch-King ...Charge!
Impure souls
Highborn

Post by Impure souls »

i never really thought of dark riders, i converted mine from silver helms so i dont need to. i suppose with a little bit of effort it would work cool.
i shape my weapons, from the fears of my enemy.
Imdat tauble
Master Babel Fish
Master Babel Fish

Post by Imdat tauble »

lol i also did the executioner thing. DR's i'd do, but mounted ringwraiths are just so cool that I couldn't resist!

another one is corsairs - just find them two blades each (you can use the ends of rxbs - theres so many that it just isnt funny) and model a cloak outa green stuff. For the blades, i actually take the blades and glue them to the sides of the hands, and then get some green stuff and do it as if its rope tying the blade to the back of the forearm.

and I agree - the boxed set rules. You could make Black Guard, shades or nobles, pretty much anything with it, although some of them wouldnt be worth it with all the converting you'd need yo do.
Vraneththecruel
Noble

I used high elf archer legs for my spearmen. pretty cool.
Gzaytleo
Noble

Post by Gzaytleo »

I am not so good at modeling so i will have to stick to the normal lister packs :(
Long time no see.
Leveller
Trainee Warrior

Post by Leveller »

How did you do executioners out of the boxed set?
Powerfulfawn
Cold One Knight

Post by Powerfulfawn »

You could use Silver Helm Legs, and they come on the sprue so you get loads of extra 'elvish' bits for conversion purposes