My High King Conversion

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Lord korhedron
Slave on the Altar

My High King Conversion

Post by Lord korhedron »

This is a great time for our beloved Druchiis! I know have made a High King for the Dark Elves.

Obviously you need to think up a background story for him due to the fact that Malekith is the Druchii ruler... I thought up something like a colony no ones heard of that has been overrun by a Druchii army. This Druchii army has no way of getting back to Naggaroth, and so they stay there and creates a whole new society. Obviously they need a ruler and so the army general, Lord Korhedron, claims himself the new high king of Everland!
Now to the conversion part...

This is a king that is carried by four bearers upon a throne. For the throne I have used the Dwarven Throne of power but I have replaced dwarven markings with Druchii ikons. For the king I have chosen the upper body of an old chronopian model. The lower body is made of a warrior. I have used a lot of greenstuff to make him sit properly and to create the royal cloak. This is formed so that it will fit with the backside of the throne. I also created a blanket to have his feet on. I made a royal crown out of greenstuff and also converted a sceptre and the gauntlet of power. The four bearers is created out of warriors but I have added cloaks in greenstuff. I also converted their helmets, giving them Brettonian helmet tops in stead.

Here´s a list of part I used:
One chronopian warrior
5 dark elf warriors
the top of the spear symbol on the DE chariot.
Throne of Power
4 Brettonian helmets
And some bits out of my bit box...

Lord Korhedron, son of the High King
When it´s time to party we will party hard...
Bane of ulthuan
Shade

Post by Bane of ulthuan »

Sounds good.

If you use him in battle, what stats are you using for him, and how are you equipping him? (Besides giving him the Gauntlet of Power.)
You leave your heart behind, you/leave your soul behind, you
Leave your head
And leave your mind
You won't need it where we're going
Still I see your black stars when you're coming for me
Well don't it just fit like that?
Lord korhedron
Slave on the Altar

Post by Lord korhedron »

Well in normal 2000 pts battles I just use him as a standard Highborn, usually giving him sword of might and enchanted shield(also converted to the model except their just hanging on the side of the throne). I have "marked" a corner of the base that represents him in a normal battle.
I am sketching on special rules for him to use in friendly battles(not tournaments) making special magic items and rules that will fit in, not overpowering him... I will also wright a more detailed background story for him.
Nightbringer
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Nightbringer »

I for one (and I'm sure that many others here) would like to see a picture of this awesome sounding conversion!! Could you post an image of it in the Photo Gallery or Album or whatever it is called now?
Arcturus
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Arcturus »

Pictures! And fluffvise I think this guys should probably be an Druchii outcast, because I think the Witch King might take offense of such a title...
---Tragic legend, Eerie stratum---
Lord korhedron
Slave on the Altar

Post by Lord korhedron »

Pictures of my concersion is now avaible in the album. It´s on the character side. Please feel free to comment on it. I hope that this wakes the conversion spirit amongst my breatherens, for thus the Druchii is truly the ruler race!

Yours sincerely
Lord Korhedron Druchii ancestor.
Nightbringer
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Nightbringer »

Wow!! Now thats a beautiful piece of work!! I was thinking of doing something similar for my sorceress but instead of a throne have here being carried on a canopied ummm... I'm not sure what to call it but I guess it would be similar to a bed...

Though if and when I ever get the time to do it I doubt I'll have to skills to pull it off... :(
Lord korhedron
Slave on the Altar

Post by Lord korhedron »

I will build me a similar model with my queen. I´m still thinking about it though... It would be kinda cool though with both a king and a queen :-)
I will also convert a royal guard for my king consisting of perhaps 20 models similar to the throne bearers. Perhaps even a guard for my queen.
Arcturus
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Arcturus »

I think this speeds up the commenting.. :D
Arcturus
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Arcturus »

Oh yeah.. forgot to comment.. :mrgreen:
Looks good. I'm not sure how much a DE wants to be carried around like a DWARF, but this is matter of personal taste more than right/wrong..
But as a converion it is nice. I like it. Poting more pics is greatly encouraged :mrgreen:
Lord korhedron
Slave on the Altar

Post by Lord korhedron »

I can give you my point of view concerning dark elves carried like a dwarf. This is a character made up from my imagination. He is very egocentrisk, meaning that he sees himself as a sort of the center of the universe. He is the unquestioned king of Everland. A throne is the only suitable for him. A mere dragon is for the weaker lords of naggaroth...

Besides He is defenitely more king like than any other model I have seen that GW has produced... and what a king need is a throne
Arcturus
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Arcturus »

:mrgreen:
Jep. Det är en smaksak.. :mrgreen:
Anyway, I do disagree.. Not that I will start to debate it here. My own lord sits on a "mere" dragon, so I might be biased. At least I am faster... :)
Cheers.
Lord korhedron
Slave on the Altar

Post by Lord korhedron »

Klart att det är en smaksak. Jag tycker inte sämre om andra generaler. Det var bara det att jag ville "piffa" upp min, göra honom "one of a kind".
Arcturus
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Arcturus »

*click* -Swedish mode off-
Well, you have succeded in that for sure. Don't get me wrong, I really like the model. Looking forward to seeing more of your troops too :mrgreen:
Cheers
Gzaytleo
Noble

Post by Gzaytleo »

very nice conversion!!!
BTW, isnt Korhedron a theft our something from Matt Hutson? Look at his army in the Army Book "Korhedrons reavers" And the lords name is Korhedron, sounds familiar eh? :D
Long time no see.
Bane of ulthuan
Shade

Post by Bane of ulthuan »

Pretty sweet model.

Might try something similar for a High Sorceress. (Although I'm getting the nagging feeling that someone's already done a conversion of a HS on a platform.)

Excellent, excellent model, though. Love the paint job on it!
You leave your heart behind, you/leave your soul behind, you
Leave your head
And leave your mind
You won't need it where we're going
Still I see your black stars when you're coming for me
Well don't it just fit like that?
Arcturus
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Arcturus »

That would be Shadowspites High Sorceress you're thinking of. :mrgreen:
Can be found here
Cheers