Usefull Dremel Tool

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Draichlord
Noble

Usefull Dremel Tool

Post by Draichlord »

They work like a drill/grinder. I've had lots of neat conversion ideas, but so many times a modeling saw and file just couldn't get done what I needed done. My best example was converting a 5th ed asassin to show 2 hand weapons. I had to "grind" his left,cloak-holding arm back some in order to WYSIWYG a second hand weapon in his left hand. I had a chaos marauder dagger from their plastic sprue that's held in the left hand. Once the cloak arm was ground back far enough to where I felt the left hand would be, I stopped grinding and simply pinned the marauder dagger in fist to the end of the cloaked left arm. My next dremel job is for my Blood Dragon count in bone armor. I take the archive chaos warrior in bone armor and dremel off his bone armored head/helmet. I then will pin the head of the vampire nightmare rider to the bone armored torso. If you love converting and do lots of it like I do, a dremel tool is a must. They aren't cheap, but are worth it for anyone into converting.
If you run, you'll just die tired
Leithel and odd
My own worst enemy

Post by Leithel and odd »

Great idea, I might just go look for one when I've got some cash. It'll save me buggering up modells a little perhaps.
Then, upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking
Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore --
What this grim, ungainly, ghastly, gaunt and ominous bird of yore
Meant in croaking "Nevermore."

E. A. Poe
Draichlord
Noble

Post by Draichlord »

With Christmas so close, talk to your folks about sharing one as a "family gift". They're great for projects around the house as well as modeling/crafting.
If you run, you'll just die tired
Oeric
Master Assassin

Post by Oeric »

i only have crap non-gw clippers, i use this all the time when i do conversions, it was a bit cheaper than the dremel and only cost 20 of our fine english pounds
Leithel and odd
My own worst enemy

Post by Leithel and odd »

I l ive around 4000 kms from my parent's... might be hard to go home to do some modelling but hey. However the christmas gift isn't such a bad idea, at least some tawards one. I'll have to check out how much they go for here.
Then, upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking
Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore --
What this grim, ungainly, ghastly, gaunt and ominous bird of yore
Meant in croaking "Nevermore."

E. A. Poe
Kaele
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Kaele »

You can get nippers from hardware stores, radioshacks, hobby lobby stores that work almost as well as the GW for around 5 USD/ I think i got a pait from Radio Shack for 4.99. And my Dremel came from Wal Mart for around 30-40