Dark Pegasus and Riders

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Draichlord
Noble

Dark Pegasus and Riders

Post by Draichlord »

First you have to choose either 6th ed Morathi dark pegasus or the archive dark pegasus. I prefer the archive model. It looks more muscular and meaner to me, and if you choose Morathi's, you have to file/grind off Morathi's lower legs if she's not your rider. Once the archive dark pegasus is done, dill a pin size hole where you want the rider's rear end. I use paper clips as pins for pinning. Your drill bit must be the same size(or a hair larger in diameter) as your pinning material. I've made several riders that are equipped differently for WYSIWYG. "Bretonnian Green Knight" legs and "Bretonnian hero on pegasus" are the 2 leg styles I've found to fit best. Our DE warrior plastic torso fits up fine to them too. Other dark pegasus and manticore rider conversions I've done use Dark Eldar Hellions #1 and #2. Take the Dark Eldar Lord's power fist to represent the Gauntlet of Power and pin it to Hellion #1 right arm(cut Hellion's right arm almost at elbow and cut power fist at end of gauntlet cuff removing the arm itself). Hellion #2 uses his hellglaive, but I removed both blades where it looks like an axe handle and then just added an axe head. Our Cold One Knight models will work as Dark Pegasus riders with some careful bending of the legs and sanding/grinding/filing of crotch and seat areas.
If you run, you'll just die tired