Shadow Blade Master of Assassins !!!

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
vulcadrake

Shadow Blade Master of Assassins !!!

Post by vulcadrake »

Hi every body I was thinking that for my new DE army I could fully convert it !!!
U might say its crazily hard but no matter what I'm not heading for the 3000 !
So my first conversion is gonna be Shadow Blade (I love this guy !!!).
What d'u think of converting with the Aenur as base figure.
What about it ?
Please give me lots of ideas cuz' the converting's gonna be hard !!!
Lord Thalack
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Thalack »

I destickied this and moved it to painting and modeling

Bye
Lord Thalack
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

Aenur's the way the GW article goes and it looks nice, though not quite right. Shadowblade needs more blades and less shadow I think. Aenur is likely the easiest way to go though.
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
vulcadrake

Post by vulcadrake »

what about it c'mon !!!
Poisonblade
Beastmaster

Post by Poisonblade »

I heard he will be getting an actual model sometime within the next year or so. I would just use a regular Assassin model (they are quite nice) until then.
Hate is my weapon.
Draichlord
Noble

Post by Draichlord »

I did a Shadowblade conversion from the Aenur special fig. Get him and two different swords (one right handed and one left handed) I used archive witch elf #6 and cut both her gauntleted/gloved hands off. Remove Aenur's right hand and sword. This takes cutting, filing, sanding. Next, grind/file back his left,cloak holding arm to where it'll be about equal length for the left witch elf glove and sword. At both places Aenur's arms end now (properly shortened for witch elf gloved swords) file them flat as you will the gloved witch elf hands. Pin them on and your done. Those witch elf blades look really Nasty!
If you run, you'll just die tired
vulcadrake

Post by vulcadrake »

I did a Shadowblade conversion from the Aenur special fig. Get him and two different swords (one right handed and one left handed) I used archive witch elf #6 and cut both her gauntleted/gloved hands off. Remove Aenur's right hand and sword. This takes cutting, filing, sanding. Next, grind/file back his left,cloak holding arm to where it'll be about equal length for the left witch elf glove and sword. At both places Aenur's arms end now (properly shortened for witch elf gloved swords) file them flat as you will the gloved witch elf hands. Pin them on and your done. Those witch elf blades look really Nasty!

very good idea !!!
n-e others people ???
Draichlord
Noble

Post by Draichlord »

Why are you asking any others? It won't get any better than this......mwahahaha
vulcadrake

Post by vulcadrake »

well I like to hear everyone's opinion !!!
The new guy
Highborn

Post by The new guy »

I would just use the assasin model, maybe painted a little different, but if ur really wanna convert, take off the assasin's claws(hand too) and stick some witch elf blades.
Draichlord
Noble

Post by Draichlord »

Just kiddin' ya! Here's 2 more assassin conversions: Archive assassin with right hand raised overhead, dark rider command sword arm, (from 40k) Drazhar, Master of Blades left arm. Cut off assassin's right hand at top of glove. Substitute dark rider arm, cutting it at top of glove/gauntlet. File both flat and pin. For the left arm, grind cape on left arm back just far enough for Drazhar's left fist and blade to stick out. You're only using fist holding blade. The thing on top of Drazhar's swordblade that looks like electric coils has to be filed off. When you do, the blade actually LOOKS NASTIER. File the 2 surfaces flat and pin...2) Start with Venomblade from DE Bloodbowl team. Use both Drazhar's left and right arms. File left arm/cape like previous model and change right arms same as previous model. This really gives you a cross between Drazhar of 40k and Venomblade from Blood Bowl that fits nicely into WFB !! 3) Although I haven't done it yet, you can take our new assassin with bare head and ponytail and just add Drazhar's arms. This is the easiest 'cuz you don't have to mess with grinding any cape back anywhere.
The new guy
Highborn

Post by The new guy »

what about a GoP conversion, i was think about cutting maliketh hand of Khaine of, but thats a waste of the black dragon model he comes with.
Draichlord
Noble

Post by Draichlord »

DON'T try Drazhar's right blade on Aenur !! The shape, size and style of the blade won't clear the base because Aenur's right hand is too close to the ground, being about waist level.
Poisonblade
Beastmaster

Post by Poisonblade »

AvatarofKhorne wrote:what about a GoP conversion, i was think about cutting maliketh hand of Khaine of, but thats a waste of the black dragon model he comes with.

http://druchii.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=240

I like the Dark Eldar lord's claw the most.
Hate is my weapon.
The new guy
Highborn

Post by The new guy »

ok thanks
Draichlord
Noble

Post by Draichlord »

Malekith's "Hand of Khaine" is the left hand. 40K Dark Eldar Lord's powerfist is the right hand. It just depends if you want your gauntlet of power to be right or left handed...hahaha..Both can be bought individually through mail order. Pull up the on-line catalogue to get the part number. I usually wait 'til I have a big enough parts list to make paying for the shipping worthwhile. Since I'll be getting a unit of 20 new style corsairs soon (I have 24 5th ed. corsairs), that'll be pretty soon .....mwahahaha
The new guy
Highborn

Post by The new guy »

i havent seen the old style corsiars, and i dont have a credit card, so i cant mail order stuff online.
Draichlord
Noble

Post by Draichlord »

That stinks....I take it you're a youngster. Make up a "parts list" for ALL the conversions you want to do. Give the list to your folks and tell THEM how to order on-line from GW.....Merry Christmas
vulcadrake

Post by vulcadrake »

what about to convert a Manticore or Malekith !!!
Sureal
Master of the Shadows

Post by Sureal »

Draichlord wrote:That stinks....I take it you're a youngster. Make up a "parts list" for ALL the conversions you want to do. Give the list to your folks and tell THEM how to order on-line from GW.....Merry Christmas

!lol!!lol!!lol!!lol!

My parents refused :cry::(.

But strangely enough they let me buy mail order :D.

You know - you could just try the in-store order point (there new) as I don't think you need a credit card.
Draichlord
Noble

Post by Draichlord »

To Vulcadrake: No need to convert manticore. There are 2 good GW models, but both very different. There's ours, and then there's the archive Dieter Hellsnicht on Manticore (necromancer). I used the Hellsnicht Manticore to convert into a Chimera. You could easily convert our manticore into a chimera too. I did a Malekith conversion during 4th/5th ed when he rode a cold one chariot. Beastlord Rakarth torso, plastic chaos warrior legs and cape, right hand sword arm of archive chaos warrior #1(has full length skeleton etched along full blade length). I added some horns to Rakarth's helmet from plastic chaos warrior helmet and made the "Circlet of Iron" on his helmet from a thin piece of insulated electric wire. It bends/shapes/forms easy enough but a little difficult to cut to exact length for perfect enclosed circle around the helmet(took about 5-6 attempts,but at least it was cheap). His cold ones are horned like the cold one skink riders. I made his chariot out of balsa wood and bits. This was long before DE had chariots. Malekith was the only DE with a chariot. Now I use the model if I take Malekith to represent him on foot. (In case he lives but his dragon dies). By the rules, if you don't have a model to represent a monster rider on foot and the monster dies, you loose the rider too!! That's over 600pts you lose for not having a foot replacement model. You also have the WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) rule.
Redemptionist
Corsair

Post by Redemptionist »

Where does it say this in the rulebook draichlord? bout him dying if it isnt WYSIWYG?
"In a gloom as wide as an eye i am fermenting,roiling hate, death grip in my veins unveiling rancid petals,flowering forth foul nectar the space between a blink and a tear.........Death Blooms"

Mudvayne-Death Blooms
Draichlord
Noble

Post by Draichlord »

Not just Malekith, any character riding a monster. I'd have to dig up the rule, but I remember reading it somewhere. I did another post on how to avoid expense when doing this.
Redemptionist
Corsair

Post by Redemptionist »

I know if you are meant to have a model on foot, but ive never read anywhere where it says it dies if its not WYSIWYG or even if you dont have one( a bit stupid IMHO)
"In a gloom as wide as an eye i am fermenting,roiling hate, death grip in my veins unveiling rancid petals,flowering forth foul nectar the space between a blink and a tear.........Death Blooms"

Mudvayne-Death Blooms