Gaming table

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Praetor Enfer

Gaming table

Post by Praetor Enfer »

I shall be constructing a new modular gaming table soon, but I was wondering, what size table do you use for a 2000-3000 point game? probably more towards 2000. Your answers will be valued.
Freen
Corsair

Post by Freen »

6X4 feet seems to be the 'standard' size for games about 2000 points. Depending on how you make the modular table, I'd recommend making it 8X4' or even 8X6' so you can vary your game play a bit.
Da'ghault
Noble

Post by Da'ghault »

A modular terrain is nice, but I hope you realise that it also makes it extremely easy when guessing ranges. I think that board with a green/gray/white cover and added pieces of terrain is better because of that reason.

Da'Ghault Deceiver of the Damned
Mordru
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mordru »

Thats right if everyone knows your board is composed of 2' x 2' squares it is easier to guess ranges what with the lines where the sections join right in front of them so watch out for improved empire artillery and alos less failed charges.
To strive, to persevere, to conquer.
Freen
Corsair

Post by Freen »

Don't use normal measurement for the board. Either do it in 4X2 feet sections place lengthwise across the width of the table (so you have 3 sections side by side to make a 6x4 table) or do it cm or something. The 4x2 sections still make the range guessing possible, but it's harder as you generally don't shoot at things that are beside you on the table (you do charge them, occasionally).
You know we've got to find a way, to bring some lovin' here today-ee-ay.
Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Post by Sneaky »

Trivia note (is there any other kind on these forums?): Everyone (except me and enfer) that has posted on this thread has the same logo!

I don't care, but you guys might.
Goodbye.
Freen
Corsair

Post by Freen »

I noticed that too, sneaky. By my logic I registered 1 day before the others, therefore I have the legitimate claim on the avatar. Muah ha ha!

Um, yes.
Da'ghault
Noble

Post by Da'ghault »

freen wrote:I noticed that too, sneaky. By my logic I registered 1 day before the others, therefore I have the legitimate claim on the avatar. Muah ha ha!

Um, yes.

Anyone that is from Canata must be the first to put out their claims. Is that close to Tokyo by the way.;)

Da'Ghault Deceiver of the Damned
Imdat tauble
Master Babel Fish
Master Babel Fish

Post by Imdat tauble »

time to post just to get the variety happening...

oh, and good luck with the table preator
Freen
Corsair

Post by Freen »

Bah! Get it right! Kanata (with a 'K' and a 't') is a town in Canada (with a 'C' and a 'd' and bunch of beavers and mounties). Tokyo? I'm right next door.
Praetor Enfer

alright!

Post by Praetor Enfer »

Excellent, now I know how big to make the table, etc.! yes, now all I have to do is stop being flat broke! My money is like the One Ring, trying to get to Gav Thorpe, god onlky knows the havoc he'd wrought with it....
Whaledawg
Corsair

Post by Whaledawg »

Here's a way to avoid the range guessing issue. Buy the board and then cut it to 6x4.

then just cut non-perpendicular lines through it to make it into 6 peciese, then put it all
together when u make your terrain. It's not like u have to measure them, right?
Felson's Law:
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from
many is research.