what color are your druchii?

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Hexter
Trainee Warrior

Post by Hexter »

My druchii are so far blue(although could change to green)and thier skin is elf flesh and silver armour.
Lah di d'har
Shade

Post by Lah di d'har »

for my colour scheme i went blue as well.

its kind of a storm theam using black / blue and some white for lightening strike pattons on shields and robes.

flesh i went pale using elf flesh / palid flesh and white for highlights.
im not a fan of the blue skin but it can look realy nice if painted well

my current armour is gold which im not too happy with but im not sure what else would fit my scheme
Bloodknife
Trainee Warrior

Post by Bloodknife »

My army is red and black, the armor is silver with a peat brown ink wash, and the skin tone is simple elf flesh.
Seriously though, their models, YOUR MODELS to be specific, you can paint 'em what ever you want....
I agree, there is no reason that you can't use a neon toxic green for skin if you wanted....hmm that might be kind of neat looking.. :?
Death and slavery to all those who oppose us!
Mnesthius
Beastmaster

Post by Mnesthius »

neon toxic green sounds awesome... an example of green armour can be found here: http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=53234 but green skin! orky elves~! :P
ImageImage
Saint of m
Highborn

Post by Saint of m »

Red or blue cloth, generaly a blue banner so I cna paint a bloody handprint on it as my armies symble. THe Armor is chainmail, although most of my units, like Malus darkblade, the Corsairs, and the executioners are mythrill silver, and my cold one knights are blue with gold rims and crowns on their helments.
Black, Brown, and other earthy collors for the dark riders and assassin.
Malfunction
Black Guard

Post by Malfunction »

My pallate is Khaki and Maroon, with Beastial Brown, Chainmail and Boltgun Metal, and a few variants in between. Very basic, but looks daunting on the table.

Characters have NMM on the armor and weapons, and even Gold to make them stand out.

IMHO, an army is a reflection on the owner. Whatever vision the owner of the army has, the models should and will show. Therefore, there is no right or wrong way to paint an army. If there were, they would come pre-painted like Hero-Clix (which I have also painted over just to add my own flavor).
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
-Douglas Adams
Thewrathchilde
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Thewrathchilde »

skin in greys, robes in teal/green, and tunics in fire-orange. just posted the pic of my test model in the painting section today:

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=53598

WC
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

My Khainite Army ("!6th Aspect of Khaine" found here) is very red and black. The mithril silver blades really stick out from the red cloth and the black lacquered armour.

The army was painted when I was very new to the hobby, and thus the painting is of poor quality, as well as old & chipped.

Army Overview
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord side
Pegasus Noble
Chariots & Stuff (Note how colours/scales from the dragon fits on the Cold Ones)
PLAYBOY Executioners etc I didn't know what to do ;)

More pictures in this thread: http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8226

~ Nag
Alderhan
Corsair

Post by Alderhan »

The Dark Elves were my first army, so at the time the purple colour scheme was a no-brainer for me. I also kind of like it. But if I start a new army in august, I'll try something new for sure.
Romanes eunt domus!
Have you seen the Yellow Sign?
Kheirakh
Assassin

Post by Kheirakh »

My army will be blue red themed, with all armour parts silver, black shields and special units and characters will get golden details. I used to have a lot of gold and purple on my army, but then I got bored and I re-painted my army. I had to get rid of the old colour with some chemicals and hard brushing, and now I'm working hard with them. I just hope they will be nice!
My avatar is so cute, isn't it?
Lordsaradain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lordsaradain »

My druchii are painted in a mix of colors really, I've painted the clothes on every regiment in induvidual colours.

All the armour is chainmail and except details on COKs and executioners which are gold. Spear-warriors have blue clothes, xbow warriors have red-purplish, Driders a lighter purple, executioners a darker purple, cold one knights were dark green but I repainted them orange/yellow. I paint the skin on all my druchii in an icy blue tone, white base and then watered down washes of blue ink.

I'm in the progess of repainting my whole army tho to make it more unified and because my painting skills have vastly improved since my druchii were first painted. Its gonna be a mix of black, dark blue and dark purple clothes thoughout all units and chainmail on the armour.

I think every color(nearly) fits on druchii as long as its combined with a black and dark undertone, with chainmail or dark armour OR you focus on the armour, painting it red or any colour (yellow would look ugly) and leave the clothes black. Painting both armour and clothes in colour make dark elves look abit too cheery and not evil enough for my taste.
Click here to find out how to convert cooler and cheaper models!
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Dark elf player
Warrior

Post by Dark elf player »

Mine have black armour, with burgendy trim and pale flesh. I think that they look very Dark elfish.
Diffrence between a HE and a DE when they lose at a card game. A HE will sit ina corner and pout...a DE will wind up slitting your throat and robe ya of all of your stuff.
Right hand of khaine
Shade

Post by Right hand of khaine »

Personally, I would favour a colour scheme that brings out their nature.....

Fairly pale in terms of skin colour....perhaps a very pale flesh tone with a hint of blue.

Armour wise it depends. There will obviously be variations in armour depending on the troops/characters that you are dealing with. I think that chainmail and gold work well...particularly with black cloth. On the other hand.....black laquered armour (done by use of a second coating of black over black undercoat and use of gloss varnish) has a nice impact.

Cloth colours....well....who knows?...but I would again favour dark and strong colours. Dark blue/purple seems to have been a favoured colour scheme over time. Maybe different for those who follow Khaine and the others who follow Slaanesh.

Right Hand Of Khaine
Right hand of khaine
Shade

Post by Right hand of khaine »

Nagathi wrote:My Khainite Army ("!6th Aspect of Khaine" found here) is very red and black. The mithril silver blades really stick out from the red cloth and the black lacquered armour.

I do not think that your army looks too bad if it was done when you were starting the hobby Nagathi. I quite like the effect of the white scales on Malekith's dragon.

I do however think that the playboy bunny as the motif on your Executioner standard ruins what otherwise is a reasonable job.

Right Hand Of Khaine
Bounce
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Bounce »

My dark elves are all painted with Elf flesh, as I think they should look slightly human, I think the greys make them look undead. Blue is definitly different although my brother once painteed Soldiers of Minas Tirith blue. They looked very weird.

I then used Dark Green Cloth and Gold Armour which I think contrasts nicely.
.theshadowlord.
Slave on the Altar

Post by .theshadowlord. »

mine are uniformed up in red and black... my 2 favorite colours which happen to look great on Druchii...
one thing i cant stand is the purple scheme GW uses, red is so much better.

I also make their skin more grey than flesh toned 8)
Loopyloops
Corsair

Post by Loopyloops »

I have white for small secondary bits of cloth (Example, the white tassels on the Executioner's) and for their hair.

I have red armor (I start with Chaos black, dry brush some 1:1 blood red/boltgun metal and then give it a couple glazes of red ink)

My cloaks are black, with decent highlighting they look good...

my witch elves have black swords with the 'marble' effect so they look neat, I really like how they look...

my elite units have a bit of dwarven bronze somewhere on them...

and all my army has the bottom row of chainmail color burnished gold...
Witch Elves can skirmish; it's on the box.
Aspiring executioner
Assassin
Location: Raiding Lustria for more cake...(Newcastle, Australia)

Post by Aspiring executioner »

I use the scheme Matt Huttson uses in our army book just without the vomit brown highlights and the red glaze. Plus i use the same scheme for my cloaks as i do my armour which results in a very striking model.

My cold ones are painted mechrite red basecoat, red ink wash and blood red highlights with orange scales at there spines.

This scheme works the best on Executioners for some reason, they just look really cool with it and i'm sure it'd look good on Black Guard as well.

All my Druchii's hair is black highlighted with grey and their skin looks like human skin just a touch paler.
Dark Elf Tally using the 6th Ed. list
W: 11 D: 2 L: 8
Dark Elf Tally using the 7th Ed. List
W: 24 D: 2 L: 6
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

Nagathi wrote:My Khainite Army ("!6th Aspect of Khaine" found here) is very red and black. The mithril silver blades really stick out from the red cloth and the black lacquered armour.

The army was painted when I was very new to the hobby, and thus the painting is of poor quality, as well as old & chipped.
~ Nag

Still it is quite an amazing sight how well it all goes together, I quite like the Dragon, those are silver-coloured scales right? o: Very nice.

I've decided on my colour scheme: Yellow Clothes, Black Armour (with silver and gold details) and Scaly Green (+highlights) for ribbons and other non-metallic details.

It should be quite nice, once I get started.. ugh! :O
Loopyloops
Corsair

Post by Loopyloops »

I think if I were to repaint my army, I'd do it like the guy's in White Dwarf #270. I can't find pictures, otherwise I'd upload them -- it was the issue where they gave up the updates.

anyway, the guy had dark green cloth and this off-white color for his secondary.
Witch Elves can skirmish; it's on the box.
Beriothien
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Beriothien »

How about Hawk Turqoise (GW color - think Turquoise blue like the jewelry) with Mithril Silver (GW color) armor?

Cold Ones would be off white bellies, shadow grey on top.
Farodin
Assassin

Post by Farodin »

I don't really have much Druchii, but my colourscheme will be:
- normal armour colours
- dark red for the cloathing, and some bits will be black
- normal flesh colours, dwarf flesh highlighted all the way up to elf flesh,
for my lords I go a bit further, begin with 75/25 dwarf flesh/tanned flesh, and then the same as the normal warriors though they also get a extra highlight 50/50 elf flesh/ bleached bone.
That's how my Druchii will become.
-Bjorn
We are Druchii, the cold-hearted blades of destiny.
We shall cut through the world and bring forth Khaine's Kingdom...
...and all shall know their masters
Silar
Cold One Knight

Post by Silar »

My Druchii are a range of colours i have ranks of warriors that are dark skinned and pale white ones, with red armour and dark cloaks :)
Druchiiannointed
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Druchiiannointed »

My Dark Elves are dark blue on their Kheitians with metal chainmail and gold armour. Although i am still short on how i am gunna explain the gold armour fluff wise....
Vallorn deathblade
Noble

Post by Vallorn deathblade »

my DE are CoS so gold amour and elf flesh with warlock purple cloth fit well
Belial. wrote:Fighting Eldacar over fluff is like fighting Socrates over philosophy...

Alkkrision wrote:-Alkkrision: Druchii.net's own source of bad ideas :).