Old school executioners. yet another conversion

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Lord katan
Corsair

Old school executioners. yet another conversion

Post by Lord katan »

Does anyone remember when the first dark elf book came out? I do, I remember waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and praying, then cursing then eventually sobbing due to the fact that the executioners never got released. And you know what I did, it's simple, and i should have thought of it before.

Take the old black guard models, now, they have halberds, but if you cut off the spike on the axe part,it looks alot like the axe in the drawing of the executioner in the old bible...i mean book. Then all you have to do is cut off their pointy parts on their helmets, model some hoods over them, and ta da! you have some really cool looking executioners. just find some old black guard models and get your metal cutters out. i paint the masks so they look like bone, with black hoods and a nice steal axe, some red and purple makes them look deadly with a bit of gold too on the ornaments. have fun with this one.
All Hail Lord Katan, The New Prince of Arnheim
Moredhel

Post by Moredhel »

Show us some pics of this conversion. Long ago I also cut the top of the halberd, but I didn't like it much. I'd Like to see the hoods you made.
Draichlord
Noble

Post by Draichlord »

I cut the entire halberd blade off and substituted the high elf special fig "Korhil's axe". Back then Korhil's axe was $1.50 each. But now, it's $3.00 !! So, buy 2 dwarf command sprues (16 double bladed axes) and use them. I have 2 units of 20 each executioners. One unit is the old BG you speak of with Korhil's axes and the other is the new Exes. I hate the new Exes swords and felt they really needed double bladed axes. So, I got 3 dwarf command sprues(24 double bladed axes) through mail order, cut the axe handles from the dwarf arms and pinned them into our new exes hands. They look great! They look more like executioners instead of Samurai warriors.
If you run, you'll just die tired
Oeric
Master Assassin

Post by Oeric »

i love the new executioner models much more than any other great sword gutys ive seen. i especially like the one in the dynamic pose about to cut straight down the middle of someones body... ive just sparked an idea for a batlle scene...hehehe