Maelstrom Games Druchii.net Painting Competition!

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Comrade igor
Daemon in Disguise

Post by Comrade igor »

Best Regards, Comrade Igor.

Where there's a Whip there's a Way
Mdk
Slave on the Altar

Post by Mdk »

Okay, I deleted all the off-topic posts. Let Mealstrom decide what to do and when the deadline is passed. Till than everybody can still post their entries. How ever if Mealstrom decides that all entries after the 31th of march are disqualified, so be it.

This is also a unofficial warning, do not be tempted to wonder to off-topic again my fiends.
You’re a wreck, an accident.
Forget the freak, your just nature.
Keep the gun oiled, and the temple cleaned shiz
snort, and blaspheme, let the heads cool, and the
engine run. Because in the end, everything we do,
is just everything we’ve done.
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Ho Hum - its getting a bit boring checking this thread everyday and not being able to vote. This is not a very good reflection on Maelstrom Games... I appreciate their sponsorship of the site but if this is a reflection on the way they do busiiness I would not be buying online from them anytime soon. I hope this is not to harsh a comment to make and moderators feel free to remove it - but someone one has definately dropped the ball here.
Tribun
Shade

Post by Tribun »

Just my opinion!
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

I would like to remind everyone that while it is a shame that Maelstrom is quiet right now, nobody is paying to enter this competition, so noone is entitled to anything. Maelstrom are people too, and might have their reasons. Furthermore, the sponsorship is still young, and relies on one liaison. DA surely has his reasons.

What I'm getting at is, that although I understand if you are a bit dissapointed(after all, this competition is very exciting), let's not have the thread derail into a discussion about Maelstrom. This thread is more or less for submissions only, so let's keep it that way. And reserve any judgement of Maelstrom 'till the painting comp is over. Let's be happy that we HAVE a painting competition sponsored with actual prizes, instead of getting grumpy just because there's some hiccups along the way.
Mdk
Slave on the Altar

Post by Mdk »

I second that for the full 100%.
You’re a wreck, an accident.
Forget the freak, your just nature.
Keep the gun oiled, and the temple cleaned shiz
snort, and blaspheme, let the heads cool, and the
engine run. Because in the end, everything we do,
is just everything we’ve done.
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

@Belial - Yes this competion is extremely exciting and no my intention is not for this thread to derail into discussion about Maelstrom. My comments are not to offend, purely consrtuctive criticisim if we are all about building Dnet these things should be run in a more timely manner.

Allthough I do not have a high ranking on this site and seldom post I check this forum a couple of times a day. It would be a shame if the running of this comp would put people off entering future comps - prizes or not.

Thats my 2 cents worth - I'll now wait for the maelstrom.
Blaznak
Beastmaster

Post by Blaznak »

I am only sad there is not more pie. Pie seems to help with everything. Well, maybe not if you are afraid of pies, but, well, you get the idea.
~B~
Tribun
Shade

Post by Tribun »

Same with cookies...;)

Maelstrom and the D.net-team shall have all the time they need, but to inform the competitors more often would be fair.
Heldrak
Renegade Priest of Vaul

Post by Heldrak »

What the hell...

Drow on Mars:

Saori_nightstar
Black Guard

Post by Saori_nightstar »

still cant vote!?!? aaaw could of painted another model in this time....darn lol rushed my little general and all :( oh well....loving the new enteries guys n girlies! :)
Image Image Image
Lil' Waaagh Army | DRUCHII PLOG

'I may have the week and feeble body of a woman, I but I can assure you, I have the heart and stomach of a King!' - Elizabeth I
Tribun
Shade

Post by Tribun »

Being new to this forum, I have to ask: Is such a long waiting time normal for painting contests on this site?
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

This is the first sponsored competition, so really there is no normal. For what it's worth, when we had unsponsored competitions, it was not uncommon to stretch deadlines in the lack of entries. Bit more difficult to do that when you have prizes, and rather a strong field too.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Hi there. Apologies for my absence but real life, for reasons I won't be going into, has kept me away and busy for some time now.

I have read through and considered the various opinions regarding the late entries. Because we want to set a precedent for future competitions to ensure they run according to set guidelines, we will not be accepting any late entries.

It is pleasing to see so many entries come in just inside the deadline though, as we were beginning to wonder exactly how many people were interested! lol

Thanks to Loki for catching me on msn about this.

I'm locking this thread now as I'm going to set up a the polls.

Late entries are more than welcome to be entered into the next competition which we will arrange for the summer.