Progress on Maelstrom unit filler contest

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Blackbone
Trainee Warrior

Progress on Maelstrom unit filler contest

Post by Blackbone »

Hey all,

Thought I would do a quick post with progress on Maelstrom unit filler contest. Build done, pre-paint pics below. Did a 40mm objective for a local tournament this coming weekend alongside it that can also be used as a small unit filler.

Tree looks pretty scuzzy still because I pulled it out of trash! Was inspired by scene in movie '300' where they find out what happened to an entire village of people that were raided by the Persian Immortals.

Troll head on small filler kindly donated by GW Red shirt. Smaller one is painted now and will post pics soon. Very fun to make these; I recommend everyone give it a shot!

- Blackbone
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Well done, that's the way to do it.
Blackbone
Trainee Warrior

Post by Blackbone »

Update:

Finished painting 40mm objective for local tournament and 40x60mm unit filler for Maelstrom contest. Just need to take some decent pics of it and find out where to post/send them. Going to see how it looks in big block of Spearmen tonight. :P

Pics are lousy as I have no setup to speak of, but I am pretty happy how they turned out. Definately gotta get some of that Tamiya clear red to do some nice blood and gore drippings.

I was experimenting with different ways to paint wood, trying to do slimy, wet-looking blood, corroded metal on bell, putting snow in the branches.

Something else I just finished and got snow on at the same time as the others. Did lots of experimenting with washes and such on this one and some of it really hurt and had to be time-wastingly redone :oops:

- Blackbone
Masamune
Black Guard

Post by Masamune »

Wow that hydra looks really well done!