Some needed opinions

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Caiaphus
Corsair

Some needed opinions

Post by Caiaphus »

After lots of fiddly cutting and glueing, I have made some decent(er) crossbows. However, I need an opinon. Which option do people think look better. The magazine on top of the cross bow, or on the bottom?

Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Dude, gravity fed, they look better on the top imo.
Lord_skrolk
Trainee Warrior

Post by Lord_skrolk »

Hey Caiaphus

in my opinion it looks better you put it on the top.
Caiaphus
Corsair

Post by Caiaphus »

It does seem less silly on top, though I was wondering how the DE would sight down the...I was going to say barrel, but that's not right. What do you call that? So gravity fed we reckon?
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

they could quite easily be sprung, so underside would work - some form of ratchet to feed them.. after all they were designed by the dwarfs. i'm pretty sure they could get round that. And that would solve the sighting problem. However, i agree the model looks better with it on top... but i just think thats cause its designed to be there...
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics
Malus99
Scourge
Scourge

Post by Malus99 »

I actually aesthetically prefer it being on the bottom and being an archery enthusiast (when I get the chance and a field with no passers by, though I use a recurve bow rather than a crossbow) as well as having some experience with air rifles (combine the two?) I can say that trying to sight with a cartridge of ammunition in the way would be a pain and reduce accuracy since to line up your shot you would also have to factor in the distance because you would have to sight from an angle and then you would have to try and align the two points where the angle of your sight meets the path the shot will take to the target and... It is much easier to look straight and shoot straight, how many guns do you see with ammo clips sticking up in the air directly along the sight? I prefer the clip being on the bottom though I just left it off altogether with mine because it was too big and clunky and just didn't look good/wouldn't be practical and therefore realistic.
Veni, Vidi, Voro!!!

All things perish, this is the law of existence, accept your suffering and your mortality, only by using this truth, can you transcend it.
Caiaphus
Corsair

Post by Caiaphus »

I can say that trying to sight with a cartridge of ammunition in the way would be a pain and reduce accuracy since to line up your shot

Perhaps that could explain why we're at minus 1 :P

Well, I put them all on the top of the crossbow. Though it would be more realistic and practical for it to be on the bottom, this is a fantasy game, so I decided to follow the rule of cool. Cheers for the help.