[PLOG] The Muster of House Khaenagh - An Introduction

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Sarathalu
Trainee Warrior

[PLOG] The Muster of House Khaenagh - An Introduction

Post by Sarathalu »

Before I post any pictures, let me just say that I painted my first Dark Elf (a Black Guard, to be exact) in the winter of 2010 (or 2011, I forget which). I have worked on my Druchii models on and off since then, on a bit of a rotational basis alongside some other projects which included Chaos Space Marines (a few hundred pts painted and playable), Dark Angels (a bit over 1000 pts painted and playable), Necrons (about 1000 pts & change painted and playable), as well as a handful of individual Black Templar models (until I retired them when GW yanked their Codex). As you can see, I work on 4 projects at a time, and do whichever I feel most drawn to at the moment - not extraordinarily efficient, I realize....but given that I rarely have anyone to play against, I find that I can take my time and devote attention to each model, while still being productive.

So, with that in mind, the 31 models below represent the entirety of my built and painted Druchii force. Don't worry - I have plenty more in boxes and blisters, screaming their dark souls out for me to paint them. And I say... "Patience, whelp". And yes...I will add more photos (new units and updates to the existing ones) as I finish off more pieces. But please....be patient. I do not work quickly. For me, quickly may be about 1.5 hours (depending on what I'm painting)

Right then. Enough rambling.

[PLOG]The Muster of House Khaenagh: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=74238
Last edited by Sarathalu on Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
W/L/D
0/0/1
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Re: [PLOG] The Muster of House Khaenagh - An Introduction

Post by Drainial »

First of all welcome to the site.
Second of all I can't see any pictures or links, is that a problem with me or with the post?
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
faeli-n
Black Guard

Post by faeli-n »

I can't see anything yet either :)
Blackphantom
Shade

Post by Blackphantom »

no pictures linked...
MangoPunch
Noble

Post by MangoPunch »

Welcome to Druchii.net!!!!!!

That is an absolutely INCREDIBLE CAMOFLAGE paint scheme! I can't even see the models!! All kidding aside, I look forward to seeing your models. I've found the easiest way to put pictures on Druchii.net is to upload them to photbucket, then copy the link for forum, and paste it in.
-JGB

Group 42 - Harkyl Anroc - Shade
WS: 5 / S: 2 / T: 2 / D: 5 / I: 5
Equipment: Staff, Throwing Knives
Inventory: Mysterious Map
Skills: Awareness, Basic Stealth, Defensive Fighting
Rowena
Highborn

Post by Rowena »

I think the pictures are here. :)

And welcome to druchii.net. What I have seen so far looks nice, I will look forward to more. :)
My painting blog

Even without Games Workshop, we will endure. Armies of the Unsupported Age, the models are out there.
Sarathalu
Trainee Warrior

Post by Sarathalu »

Added a link to the original post, so you should be able to find the pictures now.

Glad you liked the camo effect, Mango. I was practicing for my Shades. :P
W/L/D
0/0/1
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

Welcome to the site mate. Thanks for starting a PLOG, we do love looking at our beloved DE's.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0
Sarathalu
Trainee Warrior

Post by Sarathalu »

You're very welcome. I can't wait to start working on some of the 6th ed era Cold One Knights....*starts to daydream*. Those will be amazing to have around.
W/L/D
0/0/1