Raging heroe's witch elf teaser!

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

Lord Tsunami wrote:for those who have received their girls, how is the casting quality?

Fantastic! I have yet to come across any flash. Just had a tab on the base between their legs that needed removing, but this isn't on all of them. The metal does seem a little brittle though, so being really gentle with cleaning them up.
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Druchiinoob
Shade

Post by Druchiinoob »

yeah i broke an arm off accidently. If you guys are removing the tabs how are you putting them on their bases as their feet are tiny so not not much contact surface.
Saori_nightstar
Black Guard

Post by Saori_nightstar »

MINE CAME :D YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY LOL

But yea they are tiny - im scared to touch em lol Hope once painted they wont break easy :(
Image Image Image
Lil' Waaagh Army | DRUCHII PLOG

'I may have the week and feeble body of a woman, I but I can assure you, I have the heart and stomach of a King!' - Elizabeth I
Lord tsunami
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tsunami »

mine came now too. havent really had time to check em out (diablo...) but they looked nice. perhaps mr kendoka could take one of those great scale pictures when he gets his own girls. for those who havent hopped on to the RH train yet :P (i dont have any other female DE models to compare to, lol)
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

druchiinoob wrote:yeah i broke an arm off accidently. If you guys are removing the tabs how are you putting them on their bases as their feet are tiny so not not much contact surface.

Yikes! Thankfully I managed to avoid an amputation, although there was a scary moment when I thought I was going to snap off a hand. The tab between their legs I kept on, there was just a smaller raised tab bit on top of this that needed removing. Hope that makes sense!

Saori - Yaay! How many did you get in the end?

Lord Tsunami - I've banned myself from computer games until I've finished my army. *Toddles off to play Warhammer Online. No self discipline... :lol: *
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations

Mod, Group 38
Druchiinoob
Shade

Post by Druchiinoob »

yeah on another one tab came off completly. Not sure how to secure to the base as feet seem too small for pining
Amarok
Executioner

Post by Amarok »

I'm a little concerned about the comments regarding how fragile these girls are. Would it be almost impossible to pin them, or just difficult? I've got pins down to .5mm. I don't use slottabases you see, and would love to get me some blood vestals, but not if I can't base them to fit the rest of my army...
Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.
Such a heavy burden now to be the One.
Born to bear and bring to all the details of our ending,
To write it down for all the world to see...

But I forgot my pen...
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Speaking for myself, there's no way I could pin one of these girls. If you have good tools and skill though, it just might be doable.

Mod, Group 38
Amarok
Executioner

Post by Amarok »

Cheers Nightcall. I guess that counts me out then ;). I've just had a thought that I can get some slottabases custom made, so all is not lost. I'll just have to get some to see the mix of straight and angled I need. No hurry though, I have plenty of projects in the mix without starting more!

Looking forward to seeing the 'Show us your Blood Vestals' thread!
Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.
Such a heavy burden now to be the One.
Born to bear and bring to all the details of our ending,
To write it down for all the world to see...

But I forgot my pen...
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

Oh god... I can't believe I just bought a shitload of these now for daemonettes and harpies: http://www.ragingheroes.com/blogs/news/ ... antis-unit
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10
Cynath ch'ill
Noble

Post by Cynath ch'ill »

How's everyone doing with their blood vestals? I'm working my way through one for the tutorials;

http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?v=fee ... 3226883489

Gorgeous models!
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Looking great so far, Cynath! *big thumbs up* I've glued mine and cleaned them up, yet to start painting.

Mod, Group 38
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

Looks great so far Cynath, can't wait to see a full painted unit of those ladies. Love that they are showing so much skin 8)

Khitai - Khanite - Group 38
WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Skills: Ambidexterity, Two Weapon Fighting
Equipment: 2xfine scimitars, dagger
Inventory: Gold 30, Crowns 40, 1 Red ruby
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Just got mine in the mail - must say at first glance Gee they are small!

Excellent details but crikey they look a bit on the thin side. Oh well time to get some paint on them :roll:
Darkgul
Corsair

Post by Darkgul »

Looking forward to see them painted mr Cult!

Got mine too, the tabs were a bit too thin so it took some work/putty to get them glued to their bases. Also beware of the trooper model holding out the sword horizontaly above her head. It broke at the wrist. The other models seem sturdy enough if handled with care.

Gw seems to be releasing their WE in finecast and will increase the price so i think we made a good buy here.
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Gw seems to be releasing their WE in finecast and will increase the price so i think we made a good buy here.

@DarkGul it would not surprise me. Where did you hear this rumor?

Yes big warning should be sent with them HANDLE WITH CARE

That said - they are a very nice sculpt!
Saori_nightstar
Black Guard

Post by Saori_nightstar »

@Cynath Ch'ill: good work so far - loving the dark skinned one!
Image Image Image
Lil' Waaagh Army | DRUCHII PLOG

'I may have the week and feeble body of a woman, I but I can assure you, I have the heart and stomach of a King!' - Elizabeth I
Darkgul
Corsair

Post by Darkgul »

@Cult there's a thread in the rumour section on warseer about it. It seems like were gonna get a finecast wave soon.

However there's also some good rumour about new plastic witch elves, ... but i dont think where gonna see those soon.
Cynath ch'ill
Noble

Post by Cynath ch'ill »

The Blood Vestals really are amazing. I'm loving painting them so much.

The new mantis warriors look just as good. Would anyone planning on buying them be up for selling me a violin from the command upgrade set?
Darkmark
Beastmaster

Post by Darkmark »

DarkGul wrote:we're gonna get a finecast wave soon.

From what I've understood its just the usual metal to FC with a price increase.

I recieved my free command box today, after the earlier mix up I had, and would like to say thanks RH. With the Greed Workshop's shocking new round price rises RH's offerings look even better value :D

After working with the tricky dark eldar stuff these models really weren't that bad.
Druchiinoob
Shade

Post by Druchiinoob »

DarkGul wrote:Looking forward to see them painted mr Cult!

Got mine too, the tabs were a bit too thin so it took some work/putty to get them glued to their bases. Also beware of the trooper model holding out the sword horizontaly above her head. It broke at the wrist. The other models seem sturdy enough if handled with care.

Is that the model who is on one leg if so thats the exact same one the wrist broke on mine. I took them all out of the bags , put them on the table and the next time i picked it up I noticed that her sword hand was laying on the table.
Druchiinoob
Shade

Post by Druchiinoob »

DarkGul wrote:Looking forward to see them painted mr Cult!

Is that the model who is on one leg if so thats the exact same one the wrist broke on mine. I took them all out of the bags , put them on the table and the next time i picked it up I noticed that her sword hand was laying on the table.
Kendoka
Executioner

Post by Kendoka »

I have now made 25 unique Vestals by swapping heads, hands and arms + repositioning arms and legs. Pinning those wrists and hands/weapons was rather fiddly. I used a tiny drill, a dremel and chart pins for pinning. Worked fine, and I am glad the Vestals are of metal - and that I ordered the metal Preying Mantis.

Will start painting them this weekend.
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Have you seen this yet?

Mod, Group 38
van Awful
Highborn

Post by van Awful »

wow...
Nec spe, nec metu

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman