Raging heroe's witch elf teaser!

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Lord_azoth
Highborn

Post by Lord_azoth »

I want mine right now!!!
Sun-tzu..45 chicks!!! what an unit!
Death before dishonor
Sun-tzu
Corsair

Post by Sun-tzu »

kendoka wrote:I envy you.
Question is: Will you be the first to post a nicely painted lady, too?

We shall see. The only thing I don't like is they only give you 45 degree slotted bases and some of them need to be on straight slot bases. So I'm trying to get them all ranked up first before painting.
Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

Haha Sun-tzu... that would explain why they have run out of boxes! :P
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Sun-tzu
Corsair

Post by Sun-tzu »

Nightcall wrote:Haha Sun-tzu... that would explain why they have run out of boxes! :P

???? Cuz I have so many or the base gripe???

We they first released prototype I text committed to 60 but when price was released my pockets weren't as deep. :( Some others committed to more than I did but lets see if they actually pulled through on it.

Let's just hope WE are just as good in the next army book or I'm gonna have lots of pretty models that don't see the table. Hahahaha.
Saori_nightstar
Black Guard

Post by Saori_nightstar »

Sun-Tzu - I envy you, not cause you have yours already, but cause of the amount you have! :) I could only stretch to a unit of 10 :( but i will make em worth it!!! :D
Image Image Image
Lil' Waaagh Army | DRUCHII PLOG

'I may have the week and feeble body of a woman, I but I can assure you, I have the heart and stomach of a King!' - Elizabeth I
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Saori and I both received emails to say they'd run out of the packaging and would we mind waiting a week or have them shipped now. ;)

Surprised to hear about the slotta bases. I'm hoping I have plenty of straight ones lying around.
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations

Mod, Group 38
Saori_nightstar
Black Guard

If in dout head to EBAY LOL They have straight slotta bases, and other interesting ones :D

Link to Ebay Bases!
Image Image Image

'I may have the week and feeble body of a woman, I but I can assure you, I have the heart and stomach of a King!' - Elizabeth I
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

Picking up 10 boxes at my post office today... two of which are command groups :lol:

Going to be a bit of work to get those finished, but it's gonna be great to be able to field a complete Khainite army soon.
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

Just wanted to do a little review about the models now that I got them and actually painted one of them (Sorry, my camera is broken and the mobile one won't give me any good pictures).

Packaging 9/10: A good solid box, the ladies being in their own separate plastic bags within and with lots of protection. The bases was a bit scattered around in there.

Size 8/10: This one is hard to get right, and I was quick to check the sizes with my current witch elves. They are a bit taller than the old ones, but also seems alot smaller (As the older version is kinda chubby and have a big head). Overall I like the size, even though they might be slightly too small for the newer line that GW seems to go for. I guess Raging Heroes were right in their first estimate about going for the 32 mm, while we as customers didn't have our facts right when we asked for 28mm... Sometimes the customers aren't right. Still, the size is good.

Pre-paint work 10/10: Usually when I get a metal miniature out, I have to do some work to prepare it for some basing and such... These were perfect from the get go. There were no mold lines nor extra work needed to them.

Details 9/10: The miniature looks great and is easy to work with. I had a bit of problems painting the... chest area, as it's alot of intricate details there on the model I worked with. Also, the boots could be a bit more detailed. On the plus side, I have to say that the curves and figure of the miniature is as close to perfect as you can get. Using wash on this one gave away alot of more detail about how perfect the work with the body is. Also, the face of the one I worked with was very good, and I can't wait to work with the eyes and so on.

Final Score: 9/10... There's really no miniature in my dark elf army that is any better than these, and when you see the difference between these and the old miniatures, you realize that these ladies from Raging Heroes are just in another league.

GW and other miniatures manufacturers really has to step it up in their next releases, because Raging Heroes is currently showing how it's done.
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Holt »

@Omnichron: Way to make me feel even more envious of the people that are getting these models!
Want some tips on controlling those frenzied units? http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=71791&highlight=
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

devils reject wrote:@Omnichron: Way to make me feel even more envious of the people that are getting these models!

Sorry! It's no other way around it than getting them soon though! ;)
Cynath ch'ill
Noble

Post by Cynath ch'ill »

Got mine this morning! I've written up a review and included some inspirational images and links for those wondering how to paint yours up!

Here is the article:

http://loserstudio.blogspot.co.uk/2012/ ... eview.html

Cynath.
Tyrannus deathbringer
Noble

Post by Tyrannus deathbringer »

Thanks for the write up Cynath.

They really are beautiful mini's!
"All who surrender will be enslaved; whoever does not surrender but opposes with struggle and dissension, shall be annihilated."
Darkmark
Beastmaster

Post by Darkmark »

I received my order today, and they've sent the wrong items to me! What a massive let down. Total flop :evil:

Lets see how they redeem themselves.
Druchiinoob
Shade

Post by Druchiinoob »

DarkMark wrote:I received my order today, and they've sent the wrong items to me! What a massive let down. Total flop :evil:

Lets see how they redeem themselves.

What did they send you. Im still waiting for mine
Darkmark
Beastmaster

Post by Darkmark »

They swapped the HQ box for a troop one. Any one else have packing problems? :?
Druchiinoob
Shade

Post by Druchiinoob »

yay mine just turned up
Cynath ch'ill
Noble

Post by Cynath ch'ill »

@dark mark; aw man that sucks. I tend to judge a company by how they react to such mistakes, so please keep us updated on how raging heroes deals with your case.

Cynath
Darkmark
Beastmaster

Post by Darkmark »

RH have shown they're a class act, and will be sending a FREE replacement asap. Sliver linings and all that :D

Apologies for my earlier ranting :oops:
Lord_azoth
Highborn

Post by Lord_azoth »

ARGHH!! where are mine, they were shipped last week!!
Death before dishonor
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

My blood vestals are here!!! *is rather over excited*

[Edit] Cynath - Raging Heroes have found your blog entry and have posted it to their FB timeline. Seems they're pretty happy with your review :)

Mod, Group 38
Saori_nightstar
Black Guard

Im still waiting - but dont mind too much as I have way to much models to finnish before I even think of starting these!!! LOL
Image Image Image

Cynath ch'ill
Noble

Post by Cynath ch'ill »

Awesome! Hope they do the same with the painting tutorials now (working on now).

Speaking of which, any colour combo's, scheme you'd like to see me try out?
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Saori - Oh no! I am sure they will arrive soon. I've just put together my command group, I'll post a picture later in my plog (which is in dire need of updating!).

Cynath - I'll be doing mine with pale skin (elf flesh with skull white highlight), black hair, tinged with grey, blue, maybe other tones like white, purple, maybe even red, we'll see. Toying with how to lay on the highlights to make the hair appear glossy. Maybe test something around that?

Armour (or lack of :lol:) will be boltgun metal and shining gold, and I am using red for any material to tie it in with the rest of my troops.

Kendoka was talking about decorating them with blood patterns. It would be interesting to see how to do that, without going over the top, or spoiling the delicacy and simplicity of these models.

Mod, Group 38
Lord tsunami
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tsunami »

for those who have received their girls, how is the casting quality?