Witch Elves Conversions

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Mindrazored
Shade

Witch Elves Conversions

Post by Mindrazored »

Hey all, I was just wondering if anyone knew a cheaper way to get some witch elves conversion wise without eBay, thanks.
My Druchii: 5/0/6

Im A Proud Member of the League of Extrordinary Druchii Gentleman
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Good movie on your YouTube channel!

Well worth a look for all those on D.Net

I have dispatched the assassins to search and destroy.
Vulcan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Vulcan »

What do you mean by conversions? Do you mean GW Witches with some conversion work done? Alternate Witch versions by other manufacturers? Or kitbashing Witches out of convenient parts?
Mindrazored
Shade

Post by Mindrazored »

The kitbashing witches out of convenient parts.

Im very silly cultofkhaine. Its not really my youtube channel.
My Druchii: 5/0/6

Im A Proud Member of the League of Extrordinary Druchii Gentleman
Vulcan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Vulcan »

Got it.

As it happens, I've done quite a few kitbashed witches. It's not terribly complicated... which is not ths same as saying it is simple, unfortunately.

There are two main sources of parts for this kitbash. One is Corsairs, and the other the DE warrior set. You'll use Corsair arms (primarily sword and dagger-armed), legs, and (non-helmeted) heads with the female warrior torso.

You'll need to use a VERY sharp knife to clean the mail out of the sleeves of the corsair arms, since the witches are unarmored.

I use a dremel and a circular cutting bit to hollow out the bottom of the warrior torso so it somewhat matches the curve of the top of the corsair legs. You can do it the other way too - flattening the top of the corsair legs to match the bottom of the warrior torso. Just be aware of the angle, if you're off her pose will look odd.

You'll need to provide some sort of neck to go between the corsair head and the warrior torso. Either a 1/16" long section of 1/8" tube, or a tiny blob of green stuff suffices.

That takes care of the basic assembly. I paint mine with black leather gloves, boots, and bustier (showing plenty of cleavage).

For optional improvements:

1) For pirates, Corsairs have NO booty whatsoever. Use a little bit of greenstuff to sculpt some junk in the witches' trunk. It's not as hard as you might think.

2) If you have them laying around (say, from the ever-popular Glade Rider -> Dark Rider conversion), Wood Elf heads have a much more feminine appearance than Corsair heads. You can even cut the hair from Corsair heads and add it to the Wood Elf heads.

Wood Elf torsos are a bit too... woodsy, not to mention fully-clothed, to adequitely serve for our nearly-naked brides of Khaine.
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

here is my kitbash, quite a bit of work though. See if you can pick the parts.
Darkmark
Beastmaster

Post by Darkmark »

Dark Eldar Wyches every time! Easy peasey.