Slave type models

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Slave type models

Post by Mr. anderson »

So I've been thinking about the whole level 4 Sorceress with sacrificial dagger, but I can't abide the idea of her sacrificing models in her own unit. I'm sure she'll manage once, and perhaps twice, but after that I can imagine the warriors being overcome with one of two desires - stab her, or run. Probably stab her then run.

So I've been thinking of making a unit of slave-looking models with a dark elf and a whip at the back to be sacrificed instead (they'll follow normal warrior rules)... question is, what models does one use for that? I thought skaven slaves at first, but they don't seem to exist any more... ideas?
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Avaer
Warrior

Post by Avaer »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from= ... Categories

Two right there for you :) Empire Flagellants spring to mind? various dwarf models and brettonian peasants come to mind too :)

Could also have a look at some of the mordheim models like the dark carnival?

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... list-games

Av :)
An exchange between Arleth Vann and Malus Darkblade in Warpsword:

"'My lord!' the assassin cried from above. 'Are you all right?'

'Just fine,' Malus snarled. 'These jagged rocks managed to break my fall.'"
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

The usual way I have seen is to use empire flagelents as they are raggedly dressed and at least one of them is in a pair of stocks. You might want to remove the weapons but that shouldn't be too hard.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

Mine were uruki(sp) berserkers. They are wearing sandels and loinclothes, and have what looks like a bag over their head. cut off the 2 handed swords, separate their hands, cross their wrists and attach cotton as leashes leading to a witch elf's hand.

edit. And i can't find the models any more.

these guys, they are usually in a blister of three.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Berserker-me ... 3464wt_909
"Luck is the residue of design"
Kendoka
Executioner

Post by Kendoka »

I use these (Empire Flagellants, Mantic zombies/ghouls + various bits):
Cornix
Warrior

Post by Cornix »

I am playing in a campaign which has slaves as an optional unit for dark elf lists and I am using the flagellants. Just chopping off the flails. Or at least th chain bits, which allows you to use the chain bits on arm or between members of the unit.
Regards and best wishes
Luke

The aim of the game is to win,
the point of the game is to have fun.
Vulcan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Vulcan »

Yeah, sure, the unit could turn on the sorceress and kill her before she sacrifices any more guys.

Would YOU want to return to Naggarond and face the Coven of Ghrond afterwards? :shock:
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Better to risk being killed by a sorceress later than to get sacrificed right then and there.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

I remember seeing pics of vampire count zombies with empire troops heads and were used as Skaven slaves
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

Vulcan wrote:Yeah, sure, the unit could turn on the sorceress and kill her before she sacrifices any more guys.

Would YOU want to return to Naggarond and face the Coven of Ghrond afterwards? :shock:

What Drainial said... you could just make it look like an "accident". The running away idea seems the more likely scenario, on the whole. Just strikes me as odd that a race so utterly devoted to personal gain at the cost of just about everything would stand there and let themselves get stabbed. Eventually people might pick up on the fact that perhaps it isn't all that healthy being in the vicinity of that sorceress when she's gonna do magic...

I like the idea of zombies with empire heads a lot, actually. Might get a few high elf looking models in there just for kicks.

Kendoka - what you got looks exactly like what I'm aiming for. Did the chains come with the models or did you buy them separately or model them or something?
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Greenwhy
Executioner

Post by Greenwhy »

you can buy chain from any good hobby shop. I find it very useful esp. in a dark elf army. It's cheap and easy. Once it's in place i like to run a bit of super glue through it so that it can't move around.
Sinzaren
The Soulreiver

Post by Sinzaren »

I've actually just made up a unit of slaves from Wargames Factory Vikings/Saxons. They're slightly smaller than GW minis, which could easily be explained by them being deprived etc. they have separate weapons so you don't have to worry about chopping things off here and there. and whats even better you get a box of over 30 models for around £15.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAXON-FYRD-UN ... 500wt_1361
We ride with kings on mighty steeds across the Devils plain...

http://sinzaren.blogspot.com/
My Blogger Painting Blog - Full of Dark Elf goodness
Vulcan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Vulcan »

Drainial wrote:Better to risk being killed by a sorceress later than to get sacrificed right then and there.

Killed? You think it would be that easy?

I'm sure the Coven has something... spectacular planned for the first time this happens. They may even leave what's left of the individuals in the rebel unit alive... :twisted:
Kargan daemonclaw
Highborn

Post by Kargan daemonclaw »

Reaper has plenty of slave models clothing optional
Warlord games makes roman slave girls.

These guys also make some good slave girls.

http://www.cryptlock.de/index.php?cPath=1_2

hasslefree miniatures also make a good range of possible slaves.
http://www.hfminis.co.uk/
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

High Elves make good slaves. Use some High Elves.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite