Raging Heroes Kickstarter is open! Caution NSFW

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Lion of flanders
Brush Master

Raging Heroes Kickstarter is open! Caution NSFW

Post by Lion of flanders »

Hey All:

Here is the link:

I just dove in and am about to go check out the images in more detail....but as usual, The figures look extremely awesome.

Check 'em out...http://kck.st/1OyQyNo
That's silly! Playin with little statues, pretendin' they're fightin'! Why not just round up a bunch of real goblins and lettem' whack it out?
Lion of flanders
Brush Master

Re: Raging Heroes Kickstarter is open!

Loads of possibilities on display. Sounds like lots of ball joints and customizable bits to make unique figures. I already like the look of the 40k big swords for my fantasy Chixecutioners. The Lust Elf stuff looks super dark and freaky (although the human limb centaurs are likely bit overweird for me. Good for them for pushing the envelope, however.....
That's silly! Playin with little statues, pretendin' they're fightin'! Why not just round up a bunch of real goblins and lettem' whack it out?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

The sci-fi/fantasy lust elves slave master would make a great unit filler.
Minions are cuuuute! (well, that’s what minion means in French)
The fantasy DE sorceress has potential.
Lady Darkryss is superb.
Varanith on her dragon, woah! Compare to GW Malekith dragon…

Any of these in LoF hands, I dare not imagine...
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Cihan
Corsair

Post by Cihan »

Those are some great models. Does anybody know what they mean with their freebie kits which you get when you order one of the bigger deals? What exactly does that freebie kit include?
Darkmark
Beastmaster

Post by Darkmark »

Some decent stuff, but nothing that overly grabs my attention, unfortunately. Sorry, that's a lie; those Centaur things had me thinking :roll: .

I certainly won't be pledging. Besides, GameZone already have a solid DE range that can be added to from other ranges to put together a cool army today.

On a positive note, at least we should see some new DE models when they're ready in a couple of years time. 8)
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Lots of impressive concepts :)
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Cynath ch'ill
Noble

Post by Cynath ch'ill »

I love the models these guys produce and owning an army from these guys is going to be something else.I like the look of the Cold One riders as the cold ones look big!

Those daemon sculpts though - the centaurs? I don't know how I'll use them in a Druchii army but god I'll find a way.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Hmmm, so so tempted.
Lion of flanders
Brush Master

Cynath ch'ill wrote:I love the models these guys produce and owning an army from these guys is going to be something else.I like the look of the Cold One riders as the cold ones look big!

Those daemon sculpts though - the centaurs? I don't know how I'll use them in a Druchii army but god I'll find a way.

The Flesh Eaters/Skinners are just awesome. The range keeps getting cooler each day, BTW...check back. Today we see some more daemon stuff, Asharah on a dark pegasus, a hydra, Cold One Chariots, worm riders.....I'll need to upsize my pledge....
Cynath ch'ill
Noble

Post by Cynath ch'ill »

@ Lion - I've gone in for the 250 ish level but It doesn't cover all the things I want to buy. I have a feeling that my pledge will increase too.

What's on your buying list? For me it's most of the dark elf characters (the snake woman for 10 looks fantastic), those Centaurs, the cold ones, the flesh mistress and a couple of the nun characters. If they unlock the harpy tower my pledge will leap up. That thing looks monstrous.

I'm not sure whether I'd want to go in for the Hydra (as I have three or four of them already) or the chariot but the pegasus rider is a must. She looks great.
Teowulff
Warrior

Post by Teowulff »

I find it hard to decide though, as almost all the models are still just concept art and they don't really resemble how the minis will actually look, if you look at the renders.
Lion of flanders
Brush Master

Teowulff wrote:I find it hard to decide though, as almost all the models are still just concept art and they don't really resemble how the minis will actually look, if you look at the renders.

Judging from the original TGG project, I expect the finished product to be close enough to the concept art to satisfy me.

@ Mr. Ch'ill: once I start counting up the stuff that I like...I'll figure out for sure what I need to pledge. My "likes" so far:

chariot: cool and I don't have one
Skinners/ flesh eaters: don't know what I'll do with them but they are awesome so I'll buy em.
Spear chicks
Sorceress
Ashara on DP: probably too cool not to buy
Worm riders: maybe I make a Slannesh army and go nuts with the death dancers, Daemonettes, etc
Dark riders: I have quite a few, but I probably need to buy at least the one that they modeled after my conversion :D
I have been stop starting with making cold one Knights since 2008 (I made one)....so I should probably just get these
Long swords: here are my Chixecutioners....although I like the scifi blades better. If I have a criticism of RH, it's that their blades tend to look to "sculpted" and shaped and not enough like a bladed weapon. The 40k ones are plainer. I like some of the helmets too (not too many helmets, of course....a) we want to see that they are girls, and b) the awesome overhead 2handed strike pose doesn't work if you have a big horned helmet in the way.
halberds: I have a unit, but these just might be too cool

Also...I play Empire and all the sisters stuff looks incredible as well. I love the heavy cav chicks.
Blade Maidens : WTF? Awesome!
Sisters badasses: completely cool
Witch Hunter chick: Super cool

All the freakin' characters are freaky good. Particularly the Lust Elf sorceress, the sorceress, the Black Reaper, Varanith, the Hag,

The biggest thing for me is committing to painting all this cool stuff....I don't want cool figures sitting around in boxes not getting painted.

I just love it....the production process will be great as it will give me time to clear my creative palette...do some other things...and get ready to go all in with Dark Elves once again next year.... Which we know is the purest faith when it comes to painting miniatures.....
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Teowulff wrote:I find it hard to decide though, as almost all the models are still just concept art and they don't really resemble how the minis will actually look, if you look at the renders.

This is not something I would fear. In their last kickstarter their sculpts were extremely close to the concept art. Check it out [url]here[/url]. I will throw in some random examples:

And just as an example of what they are capable of (more images here for example) (yes, it is somewhat off topic but I just love this girl :oops: ):

Lord_azoth
Highborn

Post by Lord_azoth »

I pledged..and then pledged again raising my initial one LOL, I want almost everything...included this awesome cauldron!!!
Death before dishonor
Silic
Noble

Post by Silic »

I'm in that same boat in that I hope the finished models are very close to their concept art. I've never been a fan of GW Witch Elves but the Lust Elves might get me to finally play them. And I'm REALLY curious about the "Dark Elves Machine" Altar...
Teowulff
Warrior

Post by Teowulff »

Lord_azoth wrote:I pledged..and then pledged again raising my initial one LOL, I want almost everything...included this awesome cauldron!!!

Silic wrote:And I'm REALLY curious about the "Dark Elves Machine" Altar...

$200 for a cauldron .. you guys really have way too much money! 8)
Rowena
Highborn

Post by Rowena »

Marchosias wrote: (yes, it is somewhat off topic but I just love this girl :oops: )

Don't worry, we'll get her for you as soon as she's available in the shop. :)

And yes, in the previous KS the models were mostly identical to the concepts, except the times when they were even cooler and with more head/weapon options. I quite understand the fear of pledging just for concept art, but this is one company I would really trust to deliver something outstanding.
My painting blog

Even without Games Workshop, we will endure. Armies of the Unsupported Age, the models are out there.
Rowena
Highborn

Post by Rowena »

The enormous harpy altar/cauldron is unlocked, so if you haven't already, I recommend you check it out. :)
Also the Blood Vestals will get reworked and made multipart, yay for more pose options. :)
My painting blog

Even without Games Workshop, we will endure. Armies of the Unsupported Age, the models are out there.
Darkmark
Beastmaster

Post by Darkmark »

Having seen the scale shots, I reckon RH is going to have a tough time delivering some of those bigger models like the Altar. The models look massively complex to me, and will surely be a challenge to deliver.

It'd have been nice to see RH fit a few gaps like hunting packs, scouts/shades, or ice giants. :cry: I can't remember seeing the iconic x-bow anywhere either, seems strange no?

I hope they decide to scale up their models just a tad, they currently are just a little on the petite side.
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

If there is a company that can do justice to a model like the altar it is them.

Well, they can hardly sculpt *everything*. :) But I think that between sci-fi vestals, daughters of the orphanage, sisters blade maidens and even sisters regular troops there would be enough possibilities to build a scout? Giving them a crossbow should not be that hard.

I think I will have to buy some spearelves and use them as sisters of slaughter... Originally we wanted to use the sci-fi vestals this way but the spears are probably even better. And that is something given that I consider the vestals the best witch elf models on the market. :)
Rowena
Highborn

Post by Rowena »

They mentioned somewhere they were planning crossbows at some point, so maybe they will appear as later stretch goals or as weapon options for some troops?

About scale, size of the original Vestals was decided by a poll and I guess most people voting did not know what was the scale of GW models. I'm pretty sure RH said they made a mistake in this and were going to rescale them if they ever get released again, so I would not be worried.

Hunting packs... I'm not sure what exactly you mean, but what about the best mistress with dogs? Those look like they would be great for hunting. It's true I see no dedicated shade models, but it should be possible to make something. Or we can suggest it to them. :)
My painting blog

Darkmark
Beastmaster

Post by Darkmark »

Sorry, I'm referring to the old Marauder sculpts;

http://www.solegends.com/marauder/mm73dehounds.htm

I think Woodies had a similar unit with bears, or some such. Anyways, a unit with hunting dogs, nets, and that sort of thing would have cool I think.

Am I correct in that unless RH pull the plug on the KS this project will now go ahead? It'd be nice to know there's a bunch of new DE coming in about 2018. 8)
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

Yikes these are NOT cheap. Even at the kickstarter "discount", they're more expensive than GW.
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Not really.
Ten GW spearmen cost 20 pounds which equals to about 33 dollars. 10 RH spearelves are 31 dollars.
Ten GW sisters of slaughter cost 35 pounds or 59 dollars. Ten RH spearelves would be a good alternative for them.
Ten GW black guards or executioners: 30 pounds, 50 dollars. Ten RH equivalents: 44 dollars.
GW hydra: 45 pounds, 75 dollars. RH hydra: 45 dollars.
GW chariot: 25 pounds, 42 dollars. RH chariot: 35 dollars.
GW foot heroes: at least 8 pounds, 13 dollars. RH heroines: 10 dollars, 15 if they have too epic cloaks and such.

So yes, Raging Heroes production is quite expensive... but it is in no way worse than what GW is doing.

By the way, Darkmark, I understand your cautiousness but it should not take three years to produce the sculpts. The previous kickstarter took two and now they should hopefully be more experienced and thus somewhat faster. :)
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Think I am going to commit. Been deciding for the last week, but there are so many options to fulfil my Cult of Slaanesh end goal.