PLOG! A first for me.

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Lion of flanders
Brush Master

Re: PLOG! A first for me.

Post by Lion of flanders »

OK so here is Zorah just about ready for her head....the armor might need a little nip and tuck here and there but you get the idea..

That's silly! Playin with little statues, pretendin' they're fightin'! Why not just round up a bunch of real goblins and lettem' whack it out?
stuaker
Warrior

Post by stuaker »

That's so awesome. Can't wait to see it completed
Started Warhammer with Dark Elves in 2002, stopped playing in 2005. Came back in 2013.
Other armies; Tyranids, Lizardmen
Main opponents: Slaanesh Daemons, Tomb Kings, Savage Orcs.
Anyone in New Zealand for games and trades?
Lion of flanders
Brush Master

A quick update today with the plan to get down to some real work this weekend...Zorah gets her head. This is such a cool figure, I think. Well done GW...

ImageImage
That's silly! Playin with little statues, pretendin' they're fightin'! Why not just round up a bunch of real goblins and lettem' whack it out?
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Very nice conversion so far. I agree that it is a very nice model.
Lion of flanders
Brush Master

More Cool Stuff From Hasslefree

So it's been a lazy weekend with not much getting done...but check out this new resin master from the clever gang at Hasslefree Miniatures:

http://www.hfminis.co.uk/shop?product=resin-master-%252d-blanche~hfmaster-h096&category=miniatures~*new-toys*
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

I like her except for the overdone 80s hair. She looks like an extra from Mad Max. But except for that, great pose and detail.
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
flatworldsedge
Chosen of Khaine

Post by flatworldsedge »

RE: Blanche - really like the tiptoe pose and built in SDC. Wish I didn't need to play at GW stores! So many awesome miniatures out there nowadays.
Lion of flanders
Brush Master

Departing from the purer faith for a bit.....

Hey All:

So I just sat back down at the hobby desk after a bit of a break, and got to work on some Goblin characters to be employed in a tournament later this month. I really hope that this 8th edition "HeroHammer" thing doesn't change, because I really like making and playing with lots of characters.

Orcs were my first WHFB army long ago and I felt the call of the greenskins, which will be my primary focus this year, I think.

The plan is for two Goblin Big Bosses on giant wolves. The wolves will be the tremendously cool 40k Fenrisian wolves:

Goblin bitz fur capes, goblin WR legs, some big axes (I think they are from the Black Orc kit) and heads from the Sneaky Stabbas. I purchased a bunch of WR torsos, but they are are just too huge and blocky with necks that are bigger than the heads, which doesn't fit with my image of goblins. Thus I will create the torsos and arms myself.

We start with a brass wire armature with some greenstuff to block out the body and hold the arms:

After that sets up, the arms are roughed out. The back one is not smoking an enormous cigar, by the way (although that has been on my mind lately after Kreol's suggestion...and will likely happen in my greenskin army at some point). What he is up to will remain to be seen as it is tied to the fluff behind this character...

Image Image

That's all for now...it's beautiful and sunny today and I must heed the call of sunshine in Wintertime....
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Great to see you working on something different this year, do you have any photos of your older O&G - would love to see them.
Lion of flanders
Brush Master

I actually don't have that many photos...I should do something about that. Here are a few

My Grimgor Ironhide conversion:

Gorthol, the Black Orc BSB;

...and in a chariot:

Rullug, another Black Orc Badass:

ImageImage

Black Orcs with Great Weapons:

cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Thanks for posting those Lion - my son collect O&G, you have made his day!!! They look great. That check pattern is truly your trademark. :P

I look forward to seeing your wolf rider progress.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Great work. A nice change of pace, and who doesn't like to paint OnG's :)
Rakariel
Shade

Post by Rakariel »

Those are some excellent O&G! Really acquired a taste for painting some of my own :D
Lion of flanders
Brush Master

OK so here is an update on Mirko and Meggo the rash Goblin Big Bosses:

Mirko has his right hand just blocked out and fastened to his axe. This will be finished in a later step. I have added the potion bottle in his left hand, as if you have played against my Orcs in the old days, it was a common sight to see Mirko and some trick like "Wallopa's One Hit Wunda" or some such pulling off the impossible in a game....
ImageImage

I'm adding some armor bits to their bests and finishing them up for paint this weekend. Stay tuned....
Lion of flanders
Brush Master

OK, so Mirko and Meggo are more or less ready for prime and paint...which with any luck will happen in the next day or so (tournament is next weekend). Little armor bits were added on with square plastic rod...

ImageImageImageImage

Orcs are a nice change of pace after Dark Elves as there is less need to be "perfect", as a little asymmetry/disproportion/homeliness is part of the appeal for greenskins.
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Looking great Lion - I wish I had your greenstuff skills. I'm all fingerprints when it comes to that stuff.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Amazing green stuff work there.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Lion of flanders wrote:

It's amazing how much personality you can put into miniatures.

& you're regular tabletop stuff is better than the 'Eavy Metal team IMO :shock:

May I ask how you get the smoothness on your green and brown stuff surface? Mine looks like agitated plasticene :P
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Lion of flanders
Brush Master

T.D. wrote:May I ask how you get the smoothness on your green and brown stuff surface? Mine looks like agitated plasticene :P

I use what used to be called "clay shapers" which I think now are called "color shapers" by a company called Royal Sovereign UK. I made a post a while back on this blog about tools. A soft paint brush also works wonders to smooth the surface, and make for nice subtle "natural looking" shapes as well. Just wet the brush and apply it gently across the surface until it looks the way you want.

Meanwhile...here are Mirko and Meggo, the goblin Hero Boyz finished:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Really nice Lion - plenty of character, those wolf heads are superb!
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Great work
Lord_azoth
Highborn

Post by Lord_azoth »

love the gobbos!
Death before dishonor
Mikael.k
Black Guard

Post by Mikael.k »

They look freckin´ awesome! :D
flatworldsedge
Chosen of Khaine

Post by flatworldsedge »

Just one insane skill after another - awesome of every level.
Lion of flanders
Brush Master

Well, another tournament coming up in July so its time to get to work on some more new stuff. Still on the Orc kick, I'm afraid...but bear with me.

Up first is a remake of one of my first (maybe the first) Orc Big Boss character that I made waaaaay back in about 1999 or so...Ünglük the Boar Riding badass.

Parts will generally be from the current boar boyz kit:

I couldn't find a weapon suitably imposing, so I used an ogre cudgel. I made it a tad smaller, and have already attached it to the right hand with a few pins to make it solid. I'm thinking Ünglük will stay relatively minimally armored for a Black Orc as I think he'll get his musculature 'roided up a bit. If movies (other than Game of Thrones) have taught us anything, it's who needs armor when you have big muscles? :D

After Ünglük, I plan to add a few RnF Black Orcs to my big ol' unit of 38 metal ones and then Frankenbash some new biguns to make my current mob bigger. I bought a bunch of parts from Bits of War (heads, torsos, etc) they look pretty cool and I'm curious to see what can be done with them. Stay tuned.....