New Dark Elf book illustrated

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

New Dark Elf book illustrated

Post by Calisson »

As a corsair, you'd expect me to go raiding foreign lands (preferably Ulthuan) and bringing back nice booty.
This is what I did.
Have a good laugh, the author is real good.

Previous book, still good:
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: New Dark Elf book illustrated

Post by Calisson »

T.D. has found a neat addition, posted in The New Book: artistic impressions.

Imagine French Can Can sisters of battle
Be glad if a member of Ulthuan could add this one to their thread.
Cultural exchanges and the like, y'know.

Also, I already posted that model for a scroungerunner.
But here is the real inspiration for the trailer.

If you are looking for inspiration, here are a few paradoxes from the new book.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Sacaspearman
Trainee Warrior

Post by Sacaspearman »

These are great. I'll have to direct some of the local High Elf players to the thread.
Aicanor
Corsair

Post by Aicanor »

Raiding Ulthuan, are you, Calisson? Perhaps now I can get away from here with some good inspiration as a revenge. By the way, how do you call a lordling to his face? Just wondering...
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Hey Aicanor!

Your fame precedes you...

You are welcome to your inspiration...if you make it out of the Druchii realm alive ;)
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Aicanor wrote:Raiding Ulthuan, are you, Calisson? Perhaps now I can get away from here with some good inspiration as a revenge. By the way, how do you call a lordling to his face? Just wondering...
Looking forwards to new humourus pics :D
Aicanor
Corsair

Post by Aicanor »

Calisson wrote:Looking forwards to new humourus pics :D
Lets hope the second wave comes out now with 3D pics to give my team better idea of how those chariots work.

@ T.D., nice avatar. :D On second thought I may stay a while to find some purpose for my not entirely insignificant number of battered and unpainted DE models. Before you ask, that was not my handiwork...
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

Aicanor wrote:
@ T.D., nice avatar. :D

I do like it myself :D As I said your fame precedes you :P If I were you I would sign your artwork...perhaps you think of it as something throwaway and not serious?...but you should trademark your place as the premier warhammer Elf artwork lulz bringer! :mrgreen:

Aicanor wrote:
On second thought I may stay a while to find some purpose for my not entirely insignificant number of battered and unpainted DE models. Before you ask, that was not my handiwork...

Be careful...you may find yourself embracing the Dark Side more and more :twisted:
Aicanor
Corsair

Post by Aicanor »

T.D. wrote:... perhaps you think of it as something throwaway and not serious?...but you should trademark your place as the premier warhammer Elf artwork lulz bringer! :mrgreen:
It is not serious. And I definitely can't draw like this. I have others to do it for me. I believe you are familiar with the concept here? :mrgreen: We are a team of two. But I will definitely tell him to sign the next one. 8)

T.D. wrote:[quote="Aicanor]On second thought I may stay a while to find some purpose for my not entirely insignificant number of battered and unpainted DE models. Before you ask, that was not my handiwork...[/quote]Be careful...you may find yourself embracing the Dark Side more and more :twisted:[/quote][/quote]
I might, but I find my sympathies to the Dark have their limits. Namely, the shores of Ulthuan. :mrgreen:
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

Aicanor wrote:It is not serious. And I definitely can't draw like this. I have others to do it for me. I believe you are familiar with the concept here? :mrgreen: We are a team of two. But I will definitely tell him to sign the next one. 8)

The illusion has been shattered :burns: :cry:

Aicanor wrote:I might, but I find my sympathies to the Dark have their limits. Namely, the shores of Ulthuan. :mrgreen:

Oh well, we will just have to invade again !lol!
Aicanor
Corsair

Post by Aicanor »

T.D. wrote:The illusion has been shattered :burns: :cry:
Doesn't mean I have nothing to do with them at all. ;)

Sadly there are no more of them right now, perhaps once I manage to paint the chariot in 3D... But I do not lose hope just yet. Gyroscopic effect is not quite enough. :)

T.D. wrote:Oh well, we will just have to invade again !lol!
Given the clever tactics hinted at DE rulebook for the last one, it might not be enough. But I said nothing... :mrgreen: