A Non-GW Minotaur

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

A Non-GW Minotaur

Post by Dyvim tvar »

I hadn't painted anything in a while, but broke out the brush recently and painted a random model I had lying around. It's a piece from Scibor Monstrous Minatures that looks very cool. Not really something that I can use in a Warhammer army, so I'm just going to display him, but I was very happy how it came out:

Next up I'm going to finally paint my Warlocks while trying to work in my Secret Santa project.
Truly These are the End Times ...
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Re: A Non-GW Minotaur

Post by direweasel »

The wooden armor and still-attached leaves are a wonderful touch on this model, I really like the mini in general. It's almost like it's a minotaur ranger or druid type with a closer than usual bond with nature.

Nice work.
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

It is a really cool model. The Minotaur is separate from the the base so you could put it on a square base if you wanted to use it for Warhammer. With the woodland theme and round base I think it could also work as a Warbeast in a Circle army for WarmaHordes.
Truly These are the End Times ...
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

I could write a whole adventure around him for pathfinder, have him be a cool sort-of bad guy.

Imagine a Pathfinder or D&D big bad end-level boss minotaur with 4-6 levels of Ranger. He could run a band of eco-terrorists intent on beating back the encroachment of civilization in their region and ...

Yeah all kinds of options. :)
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

That is a nice looking minotaur and nicely done paint work. :)