New P&M Posts

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

New P&M Posts

Post by cultofkhaine »

Has anyone out there been working on anything new lately?

I need some inspiration to paint some more dark elf models.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: New P&M Posts

Post by Calisson »

Are you playing T9A at all?
We are redoing the Dread Elf Army Book. Probably won't be out before the end of 2020, though.
Initial concept leads to think that monsters will be more playable, and that they will have Elf models around to control them.
Also, you may be confident that male sorcerers will be fully supported.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Hi Calisson, long time no speak :D

I have not been playing T9A - looked at it for a while but could not make the jump. I was keen to help with the design of the army book but lost interest.

It would be cool to have a look at the new book when it comes out.

The last 12 months my hobby time has been taken up with creating a dungeon crawler board game through the Game Crafter - it has taken me ages but almost done with it.

When its launched I hope to get back into painting the rest of my DE army :D

Things look very quiet around here - I use to hit this site several times a day (it was my fix) gone are the glory days.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

D.net is depressingly low.
Merging with Ulthuan and Asrai did not happen as considered a few years ago. Then the daily post count fell under one per day.
In the first month of 2020, only 5 threads saw new posts, excluding spam (I killed one more this morning for breakfast).
The hope I had with the new DE army book fainted when it has been postponed for two years.

Let's see if the activity remains negligible at the end of 2020, when the new DE AB is published.
We will have renewed units, new fluff, new tactics to explore.
Remains to see whether only the DE sub-forum in T9A website will benefit from it or if some may find a cozy home here.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

How is the army book going for T9A - been a while since I have checked in.

It would be a shame to see this site go - such a wealth of information.

I still think we should have expanded our scope a while back darkelves.net is available :D

Even the elvesonline failed to launch

I guess good old Druchii.net is still pure at heart regardless of the number of visitors
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

DE army book team has created a first concept book, with quite a few options to explore.
Now they need to refine it, and select among the options.
In the process, some discarded options may become the following year a supplement army book.
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

I hadn't heard of Game Crafter before, but it looks intriguing. What has been your experience with using it? Pros and cons?
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Hi Red - Gamecrafter is amazing!!!

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/

I have been developing my board game for a couple of years now (getting to the pointy end)

I have printed a couple of prototypes and the quality of their board game pieces are excellent.

They are quite expensive if you want to scale up (probably better to find a manufacturer or publisher in China) if you want 100's of copies but for a low run print on demand service they are really good.

I hope to order my final proof in the next month or so - will post some pictures of the game for you to have a look at when I get it.