Wrathbaby's PLOG

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Wrathbaby
Dark Rider

Re: Wrathbaby's PLOG

Post by Wrathbaby »

Well it's been a while. Between university and Age of Sigmar filling me with terror and doubt for a few months, I've found little time for painting. But the winds of change bring with them happy party fun times, because I own an airbrush now. So without further ago, here is a hydra model I was never quite happy with which I've repainted. Wasn't expecting it to go to well, but I think it's turned out pretty nicely (except for the obvious white spots where I've allowed the needle to become clogged and start spattering paint everywhere, and the slightly less obvious spots where I've washed over it really heavily in a pitiful attempt to hide it)

ImageImageImageImage

Still got work to do on this, cleaning up some of the splotchier parts, redoing the base (with some crackle paint which I don't own yet, but beautiful things will happen when it gets here), and painting the beastmaster. Probably going to add the second beastmaster to the base all cut up and bloody because she broke off and let's face it, with whips that large and easily broken, you're just asking to be devoured and strewn upon the ground by a hydra.

Also I WILL upload pictures of the bastiladon from my last post eventually, for those who were interested.
"When it comes to besting the enemy, there's no such thing as 'overkill.'" - Good ol' Master Bronk

Also here's a PLOG: http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=76272
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Nice work - I have an Air Brush as well that has not seen the light of day for years, tempted to give it a try after seeing this.
Wrathbaby
Dark Rider

Post by Wrathbaby »

Why thank you :) always nice to inspire people to make pretty things. On the topic of inspiration, the tutorial that pushed me over the edge to make the investment in an airbrush was by a guy on youtube called Medows (Awaken Realms was the name of the channel). The man does brilliant things, definitely worth checking out if you're gonna be using an airbrush.
"When it comes to besting the enemy, there's no such thing as 'overkill.'" - Good ol' Master Bronk

Phox532
Executioner

Post by Phox532 »

Super Jelly. these look awesome.
Phox Jorkarzul
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Thanks Wrathbaby will take a look.
Wrathbaby
Dark Rider

Post by Wrathbaby »

ImageImage
Fiddled with the colour scheme a bit over the last few months. This guy has been an absolute ***** to paint. Assembling him before painting was possibly the worst decision that could've been made and the paint job is actually quite rough in places (even moreso than the pictures would have you believe). But largely I'm happy with how this guy has ended up, I've learned a decent amount about airbrushing, paints, colour theory and how to get things done fast (or rather how to avoid the mistakes that make you have to redo everything)

Coming soon:

More basing practice, using vallejo stillwater. Maybe some WIP pictures of my CoB. I need to keep this thing updated more frequently.

As always, feedback welcome and appreciated :)

EDIT: Hadn't appreciated size / blurriness of images. Will attempt to rectify in the morning as it is currently 3am.
EDIT2: As far as I can tell the images are okay now.

Here's a few updates on the venusaur and hydra post basing (which have been done for a long time and I've just been too lazy to photograph. Phone camera doesn't deal so well with the crackle paint I used for the ice on the dark elf bases, I should try and figure out a way to fix that.

ImageImage
ImageImage