Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:49 pm

Forum rules

Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
[PLOG] Garden of Bones (Invasion 1500pt Challenge) 
Trainee Warrior

@Amboadine Thank you, kind sir.

@Booah Thank ya. The conversion is quite easy. The only thing is getting the deamonette head on the dryad body take a little work. Snip the pointy bit on the dryad body to get it flat and then use a file to shape it up. It's not that bad, just something to keep in mind. By all means copy! That conversion gives you a lot of painting options (ex. Birch trees, oak trees, or white walkers, etc.) If you like the scheme I have on them currently, I'd be more than happy to write out the colors and steps I use, just let me know! Thanks again

@T.D. Thank you very much! It's such a great kit and honestly, it's only $15-20 more than the regular Kharibdyss so I thought it would be a great time to "take the plunge" and buy my first forge world model!

@CoK Thanks for the feedback! The cloaks are tricky and take a lot of time, so I'm glad that the druchii community seems to think they are worth the effort. I may end up looking into the Army Painter Dull. The Testors is better than the Krylon, but the can size is silly and it still isn't quite as dull as I would like. Thanks for the tip! As far as the bases go, I usually do a cool color on the base for a winter scheme (blue or purple) or a warmer color for the summer/autumn theme (starting a Hordes circle army with an autumn theme soon!). That's really the only reasoning behind my decision. I don't like brown edges for bases especially for a winter theme. I do believe that a really light brown can look good for a summer/autumn (GW graveyard earth) depending on the color scheme. I wouldn't do black since I find that almost like not painting the base at all haha. Perhaps a dark grey could look nice (GW Eshin). I've never tried that before but that could be interesting. Thanks again!

@LordDrakon Thanks, glad you like it! You've been turning out high quantities of high quality work so I had to join in the fun!

Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2