Corsairs from warriors???

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Imdat tauble
Master Babel Fish
Master Babel Fish

Corsairs from warriors???

Post by Imdat tauble »

Now you all know my executioner from warriors conversion (well i think you do), but now i have a problem - i need corsairs, and i really don't wanna pay for the minis. So i'm thinking of doing the same with them, but i need ideas...

so far ive got 'model the cloaks on with green stuff' and 'make hand weaps outa the spears' - but the second part is the hard one - how do i make 32 hand weaps out of 1 warrior box??? if u guys have any suggestions for this, it'd be great...
Furion
High Sorcerer

Post by Furion »

My suggestion would be to find someone in your area who does casting or moulds. Once this was done, you could buy a few regular blisters and make copies of all you want. If not, then try using and getting all the swords hands you can get and modeling knives in the others. Helmets are so similar its almost shameless. I'd at least buy the command though, very cool models.
Putting the FUN back into fundamentalism since 1998
Lord Thalack
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Thalack »

You could go to the trding posts and ask if someone has spears left.

Bye
Lord Thalack
Endian
Grand Master of the Black Guard

Post by Endian »

what you do is take all the spear heads from the boxes of warriors that you made into RXB's!!

I have no other ideas. the cloaks can be made from the white wolf cloaks that come in the empire knightly orders box, just use the ones without the wolf heads, the plain ones!!!!
Only left handed ppl are in their right minds!
Lord katan
Corsair

Post by Lord katan »

Steja, you are in the same dilema as I am. I am going to make two 24 strong units of corsairs from warriors, i am not puzzled on the cloaks or one hand weapon, but yeah, that last weapon is a query. I am thinking that somehow I could use the left over shaft pieces form the spears that get cut off. So basically, i will cut off the blade for one weapon, leaving the stick in the hand.....make sense? this at least leaves a nice strong support in which to hand make a sword or even an axe out of green stuff, which is the part i'm scared off,i've never used the stuff, but i'm going to pick the stuff up for my raiding army this week , and i'm scared, very scared. i have some old withc elves that will help a little if i need some swords, but not near enough. So yeah, there's my help.
All Hail Lord Katan, The New Prince of Arnheim
Imdat tauble
Master Babel Fish
Master Babel Fish

Post by Imdat tauble »

i think i have a solution :D

i just made my command group, and coz i used so many spears on my exes, I didnt have many blades left. Solution? Get two RXBs get the shafts with the sharp ends, then glue the two together so you have a sort of pole with 2 bladed ends. Gatting it to be 2-handed might be a bit of a problem, but since theres two blades, you can use 1 to explain the 2 attacks...

that probably wont get you all the way there, but with the extra commander's swords and other sharp bitz you can fond around the place, it shouldn't be too hard.
Whaledawg
Corsair

Post by Whaledawg »

How do u do the cloaks? I have a bunch the old swordsman models that I wanted to turn into
corsairs and I would like to know how to make sea monster cloaks. I know it was in WD but
I dont get that and I cant buy it where I live.

Anybody?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Felson's Law:
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from
many is research.
Lord katan
Corsair

Post by Lord katan »

I bought a couple boxes of skeleton regiments!! The hand weapons are perfect! Absolutely the solution for your problems! They look very dark elvish, and are the best in my opinion. Not only that, you get all the left over skeletons to add to your bases and standards, i am going to put a big pile of torched skeletons on my scorceresses base, with her standing on top looking rather evil! I highly recommend anyone converting the warriors to corsairs to use my method as it is very easy.

The cloaks are pretty simple too. All I do is mix up a bunch of green stuff and press it out with some kind of rolling device(like a bakers roller except smaller) I made a "cloak tool" out of a coke can, so when i make a cloak, i basically cut the shape i want out of the green stuff, and then i simply press down with the cloak tool to make the scales. I will try and put pictures up when i get my new computer, until then you will have ot use my idea from imagination. Bye bye.
Vraneththecruel
Noble

Post by Vraneththecruel »

errr... I dont think the morning stars could be of much use. it never depicts one in the book. and the swords look like scimitars or other human ones.
My avatar is kind of hypocritical isnt it?
Oeric
Master Assassin

Post by Oeric »

made a "cloak tool" out of a coke can

how did you make this cos itll be so much easier for me; at the moment im making balls of green stuff and sticking them on the model like in WD
Lord katan
Corsair

Post by Lord katan »

i cut of the top and bottom the can, and rolled out the can, so you get a sheet of flat aluminum, you must be careful not to crinkle it! I used this pen torch to burn out the scales, this effectively makes a big cloak press. You roll out the green stuff, and press the tool down ever so gently, then you have a big sheet of sea dragon skin! Great for doing banners as well!
Naram sin
Assassin

Post by Naram sin »

make 16 swords from spears and 16 daggers from sharp ended RXBows[colo :?: :?: r=red][/color]
Imdat tauble
Master Babel Fish
Master Babel Fish

Post by Imdat tauble »

cloaks are easy - green stuff