New DE Army

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Dstauder
Slave (off the Altar)

New DE Army

Post by Dstauder »

Hey everyone, so i'm just getting to painting my dark elves and wanted to track some progress here. I'm painting them up for a couple tournaments coming up, the first being in April. These aren't display quality or anything like that, just a little better than (I'd like to think) tabletop standard and should get me full paint points for the event. So anyway here's the models...

First up is my first 5 Dark Riders

Next my 2 Assassins

Finally for today my Sorceress and Executioner standard, who will be my BSB. Note I still have to do the banner for the bsb but I'm still trying to think of what to put on there.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: New DE Army

Post by Thraundil »

Like the dark green scheme, and very nice job with the highlight and shades.

Will your poor dark riders not get some shields?
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

I really like the green and brown colour scheme you have going there!

The assassin on the right I have not seen before - where did you get him from?
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Very nice work.
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

I can't say I'm a fan of the teal color but otherwise it looks fine!
Proud supporter of druchii.net
phierlihy@druchii.net
Mad Stalin
Slave on the Altar

Post by Mad Stalin »

I'm not sure are you using stegadon scale green or incubi darkness for cloak ? I think the second.
My blog, nice and smart dealing with the Druchiis and Asurs universe : Charge!
Coop
Dark Rider

Post by Coop »

Really good work. It is a very unique color scheme and definitely a clean execution. Keep it up!
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

Phierlihy wrote:I can't say I'm a fan of the teal color but otherwise it looks fine!

Agree - it feels too much like a high elf color. It's well executed though.
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
Dstauder
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Dstauder »

Thanks for the comments guys!

@cultofkhaine The model is from warmachine's retribution army. I think he is called Narn Mage Hunter.

So i just finished my 7 coldone knights and two masters on steeds for the tournament. Everything else is in the process of being finished (I only have a week left). The cold ones also double as my wild riders in my wood elves. I havnt finished the masters horses yet but I just wanted to get a pic of her anyway. The banner also isnt done as I like to do that and the basing last. Anyway let me know what you guys think!

Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Nice use of the WR kit on those CoKs
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

Love the attention to detail! Great job!!
Proud supporter of druchii.net
phierlihy@druchii.net
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Those Cold One riders rock - nice conversion, really out of the norm and something different!
Booah
Warrior

Post by Booah »

This army is going to look great. Can't wait to see it all based up. I think the colour is superb.
Dstauder
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Dstauder »

Hey guys, just got back from the West Coast GT and it was s freakin blast. 5 great opponents, and an awesome weekend. I ended up taking 5th overall out of 70 so I'm stoked. I finished 90% of the army, and still got 29 out of 30 paint points, and I only started this army about 2 months ago, so I cant complain :D . I only did one layer of highlights on the kharibdyss, and harpies, so I have to go and finish those up before broadside bash in 2 weeks. I also need to freehand some banners but other than that I'm all done. After broadside I will be heading up to SAWS so I'm going to be painting a good amount of new stuff. Anyway enough text, here's some pics of the army on its display board, which I will probably jazz up a bit more. Anyway let me know what you guys think !

My two 12 woman witch units

My 25 corsairs (sorry for the blurry pics)

Two 5 man dark rider packs

Cold one Knights

3 Bolt throwers and heroes

Two 5 woman harpy packs

And the kharibdyss Ill take a picture of when its farther along.
Mikael.k
Black Guard

Post by Mikael.k »

That is a lovely looking army! :)

Have you posted your list somewhere? Looking at the models, it looks like a fun list to play and you seem to have done very well with it! :)
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

One of the best Druchii Harpy packs I've ever seen 8)

A very impressive force you have assembled!
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Siilar
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Siilar »

Fantastic army, you should be proud!
Love those old corsair models :D
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Impressive force you assembled in such a short time and wow it also looks good !
Congratz with the good results !
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Great work to put that together and congratulations on your 5th place.
Dstauder
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Dstauder »

Thanks for all the great comments guys!

@Mikael.k The list I took was

Lvl 4 Beasts
Scroll of Shielding
4+ Ward
Ironcurse Icon

Master BSB
Ogre Blade
Enchanted Shield
Luckstone

Master
Lance
Dragonbane Gem
Horse
1+ Save

Master
Lance
Dragonhelm
Horse
1+ save

Asassin
Glittering Scales
Extra Hand Weapon
Other Tricksters Shard
Killing Blow

Assasin
Obsidian Blade
Manbane

5 Dark Riders
Musician
Shields

5 Dark Riders
Musician
Shields

25 Corsairs
Full Command
Standard of Discipline
Extra Hand Weapons

12 Witch Elves

12 Witch Elves

Kharibdyss

7 Cold One Knights
Musician and Standard
Lichebone Pennant

5 Harpies

5 Harpies

Reaper Bolt Thrower

Reaper Bolt Thrower

Reaper Bolt Thrower
Mikael.k
Black Guard

Post by Mikael.k »

Was it a swedish comp tournament? The list looks like a swedish comp list and a rather good one I´d say. It has a very good comp score :) I´d love to hear more about your matchups, games and how you liked your list and if there is something you´d change looking at it afterwards :)
Dstauder
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Dstauder »

Yes, it was a swedish event where your comp score at the end of the event was determined by your swedish score x2. It also determined your first two games. My list came in at 14.2 and I loved it. The one thing i would change is to put handbows on the corsairs, for a little extra shooting and utility. Other than that the list performed way better than expected and I never felt like I didnt have the tools to deal with any list. You have to give up some units to get the bigger points, but the list plays well if you know your matchups well and trade efficiently. It has a lot of movement and small threats that do a lot of damage. Also my chaff is usually better than everyone else, and every game I won the chaff war which is incredibly important to this list, as I said before you need to get your matchups right.

Game 1

Wood elves with a sisters star, two big glade guard blocks, a unit of dryads, 2 wild rider units, a unit of waywatchers and some scouts. The deathstar had like 3 mages and two heroes on steeds. I realized I wouldnt really be able to catch the sisters so i avoided them and just went after the rest of his army, while keeping the sisters from moving around too much. In the end i had destroyed his whole army except the sisters but lost most of mine in return. He got a lot of points turn 6 when he rolled 17 for the hail of doom at close range against my 4 corsairs that were left and all my heroes.
Small loss to me

Game 2

Skaven with 2 doomwheels, 4 ratling guns, a unit of jezails, BIG stormvermin block with all the characters except the grey seer, and like 3 clanrats units. This game was kind of uneventful. I threw masters at doomwheels and shot them with bolt throwers until they died. Ran at the rest of his blocks and avoided the stormvermin all game. I did get his greyseer who was in some clanrats and at the end of the game had only lost my darkriders, a master on steed, and a witch block.
Big win to me

Game 3

Nurgle warriors. This list scared me as it had a chimera, nurgle prince, 5 knights of nurgle, a big unit of warriros with a Nurgle lord and bsb, 2 dog units, and 2 nurgle horsemen units. I had to play this list carefully and deployed so all my units supported each other. I got the demonprince turn 3 with bolt throwers, and the chimera and Knights with the witches. Again I avoided the warrior unit and by the end of the game had lost dark riders, witches, and the two heroes, while all he had left was his unit with lord and bsb.
Big win to me

Game 4

Skaven with 2 doomwheels, 12 ratogres with the special character that gives them a special rule in the beginning of the game, warp lightning cannon, 2 slave blocks, 2 clanrat blocks, bsb, grey seer, and warlord on bonebreaker and fellblade. This game was a little more cagey and was probably one of my most tactical of the weekend. I got good positions and got the grey seer, doomwheels, warplightning cannon, a slave block and almost got the ratogres (they had 2 wounds left on the whole unit). I lost all my chaff and Masters on steeds. He played a really great game and if I would have gotten the ratogres I would have won by about 500 points, but instead it was a draw in my favor by 70 victory points.

Game 5

The hardest comped list at the gt. It was a 6 on the swedish scale and was warriors. He had 2 nurgle princes, 2 nurgle gorebeasts, a unit of nurgle horsemen, 40 nurgle warriros with halberds, a khorne bsb on juggy, with 3 skullcrushers. I knew this was gonna be a rough game. Luckily I had a building in my deployment zone and put my corsairs with all my characters in there. I got some good charges on the warriors with coldones and withces and ground them down, while slowly pulling wounds off both the princes. Eventually all i had was my corsairs in the building and was throwing spells out. turn 6 i got one prince with flock of doom, who had taken 3 wounds earlier, and the other with amber spear, swinging the game my way. In the end all I had was the characters and he had 2 gorebeasts and the crushers with bsb.
Medium win to me

Sorry there isn't more detail but it;s hard to write all the tactical moves and placement. Also it was a weekend ago and my memory is terrible :D. I only got to use the assasins for 3 of the games but they were great as deterents for big stuff to charge. Im taking this same list to an event next weekend and it is using full swedish. I apparently have one of the softest lists at the event and being able to get vps before the game even starts is going to be nice. I think this list has a lot of mileage and am really excited to play it for a while. If anyone has any questions on how I used certain units, or how certain units performed, let me know and i'll be happy to let you know
Mikael.k
Black Guard

Post by Mikael.k »

Wow, thank you for the write up! I will surely give your list a go aswell, since it looks like a really fun list to play with. Nice to see that you did so well vs nurgle warriors since that is what I will be going up against. A softer list for sure, but still. His list is level 4 nurgle on DM, BSB on DM, level 2 shadow, 24 warriors of nurgle with halberds, 2x5 slaanesh horsemen, 3 gorebeast chariots, warshrine, 8 trolls and 2x spawns. Feels like your list has some fast elements and good shooting and magic to take down all those support units. I´d love to hear a report from your coming tournament aswell. I´ll see if I have more questions coming up regarding your list :)