Raging Heroes Kickstarter is open! Caution NSFW

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
General Kael
Shade

Re: Raging Heroes Kickstarter is open!

Post by General Kael »

I just pledged to this kickstarter! I have no doubt that the models will look awesome, and cant wait to see all the things we can unlock before the end. That being said I'm not sure about their latest freebee "ONYX" the assassin. But I did find their inspiration for that sculpt, a real life assassin: http://www.ignant.de/wp-content/uploads ... ing_04.jpg
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

And pledged. Looking forward to choosing my goodies now :)
Rowena
Highborn

Post by Rowena »

Yeah, my first though when I saw Onyx was something along the lines of "what, has she just been launched from a catapult, judging from her face against her will?" :D
My painting blog

Even without Games Workshop, we will endure. Armies of the Unsupported Age, the models are out there.
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Also, if you are still uncertain the concept art will turn in good miniatures, in the last update they talk a bit about how they proceed in refining the sculpts. Gives an idea how perfectionistic they can be sometimes. :)
Teowulff
Warrior

Post by Teowulff »

Marchosias wrote:@ Teowulff: Last kickstarter, the alternative heads were usually unarmoured heads with hair so I suppose we can assume this in this case, too.

It appears you're right, I received this message from RH:

Hi Teowulf,
Thank you for contacting us :).
There will always a choice of heads with or without helmets in every boxes :).
Let me know if that answers your question.
Best,
Harry

Of course, I assume this is only valid for boxes with "extra heads" unlocked ..

My view on the free bees: 8)
Day 1: Sister Celenia: Actually quite nice, perhaps usable as shade (as she wields a sword and xbow)? May even get a sisters "all stars" or blade maidens set to use as shades unit;
Day 2: Xarsiss (harpy queen). Well .. it's a harpy. Quite an impressive one! Don't have the army book at hand (and hardly play harpies), she can be a champion?
Day 3: Shaliah. I don't really like the 8-armed lust elves. May re-use her head for another mini;
Day 4: Doralys. Well, she *cough* doesn't hurt the eyes!! Not really dark elvish but will probably find her use somewhere else;
Day 5: Sephea. Nice for an executioner champ/hero but not really fond of severed heads. Will probably convert both weapon and right hand;
Day 6: Liligrith. Another (8-armed?) lust elf. Another severed head. Definitely not my fav;
Day 7: Rithali-In. A kind of dominatrix beastmaster? Not really pretty but probably functional somewhere;
Day 8: Sister Ardanna. Quite a unique mini: I'll probably make her a human princess or so in a diorama;
Day 9: Zailith. "Witch elf commander", excellent stand-in for Hellebron or may be converted to quite an impressive sorceress (but again: why all the skulls?);
Day 10: Onyx. Assassin type, I like the posture, love the hair! Probably my fav freebie thus far. I probably will convert the dagger to point forward and not backward so she looks like she's about to stab;
Day 11: Vanvyssa. Lust elves general, slaanesh daemonette equivalent. I like the posture, but not so much the huge shoulderpads. Not really sure if she also has 8 arms. Again: skulls galore.
Day 12: Two Mascottes. Cute, can always find a use somewhere!
Day 13: Lady Melith. Not realy sure what to make of this. Is it a snake biting her head, is it a mask? Could be used in VC army but looks very hard to convert.
Day 14: Violet, DE mascot. Nice enough, usable as unit filler or for a diorama. Doesn't really suit my DE theme though, but that's not a problem ..

Omnichron wrote:Pledged at once the kickstarter went live... Even though there will be a long time till any of us receive these miniatures (..)

March 2016 .. well I still have more than enough to paint in the meantime, probably like the most of us ;-)

By the way: I'm sort of surprised that the Druchii community isn't very much interested in these minis!
Last edited by Teowulff on Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
General Kael
Shade

Post by General Kael »

Only 24 hours left, it's time to pledge if you want some cool minis. I cant wait to see how much gets unlocked.
Lion of flanders
Brush Master

Post by Lion of flanders »

Well, there are a few more things I'd like to see unlocked, but I am pretty amped about the whole thing. I like some of the freebies more than others similar to Teowulff, but that is not really what's driving me...they are free after all :D Some of the stuff that I might never use in a game would just be a joy to paint and have as a showpiece.

I'm rather hoping that there isn't much net backsliding of pledges near the end...that would be lame. I would like to be able to get all of the "Cold One" Knights...as I think that just the command is unlocked as of this moment.

Anyway..that's my input. I think this stuff is really unique and beautiful and am really looking forward to the journey :D
That's silly! Playin with little statues, pretendin' they're fightin'! Why not just round up a bunch of real goblins and lettem' whack it out?
Teowulff
Warrior

Post by Teowulff »

General Kael wrote:Only 24 hours left, it's time to pledge if you want some cool minis. I cant wait to see how much gets unlocked.

I have a far too comfortable early bird .. upgrading would seriously hurt that! :evil:

Btw: the DE Sorceress isn't even unlocked! While I would think it would be one of the most popular choices ..
Last edited by Teowulff on Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Well, you do not have to abandon your reward when rising your pledge. As far as I understand it, if you spend, say, 500 dollars with an early bird lieutenant pledge that costs 160, you will be able to purchase for what the lieutenant box is offering - that is 175 - plus anything that was not spent on this level of reward, so 175 + 340. So yes, it hurts the dollars per model ratio but you still get some cool minis for reasonable prices. :)
Also, by moving some two levels up you get the same discount as per the best early birds I think.
Teowulff
Warrior

Post by Teowulff »

Marchosias wrote:Well, you do not have to abandon your reward when rising your pledge. As far as I understand it, if you spend, say, 500 dollars with an early bird lieutenant pledge that costs 160, you will be able to purchase for what the lieutenant box is offering - that is 175 - plus anything that was not spent on this level of reward, so 175 + 340. So yes, it hurts the dollars per model ratio but you still get some cool minis for reasonable prices. :)
Also, by moving some two levels up you get the same discount as per the best early birds I think.

Of course you're right, but I will prey on the early birds and wait until someone up- or downgrades .. so i let chance determine my pledge level!
Next to that, there's still some desired SGs that aren't unlocked (as the aforementioned DE Sorceress) and may not get unlocked at all ..
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

It is unfortunate that not everything I want is as yet unlocked, but I am very happy with what my pledge will get me.
Still a day to go to see those last few models unlocked.
Rowena
Highborn

Post by Rowena »

The last freebie is another amazing dark elf! I personally love her pose and expression and can't wait to paint her.

Anyway, yes, it's a pity not everything is unlocked (there is at least one more model I wanted), but I read somewhere paypal will continue unlocking stuff some time after the KS closes, so there is still hope. Plus, there are enough awesome models for me to be happy, especially with the amazing cavalry models.

So... still not too late to jump in or up your pledge and maybe it will even unlock something extra. :)
My painting blog

Even without Games Workshop, we will endure. Armies of the Unsupported Age, the models are out there.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Disappointing to see the pledge amount dropping, I was hoping for at least the Peg witch to be unlocked. Got so close and now $10k seems to have dropped out and the amount is yoyo'ing a few k short.
Teowulff
Warrior

Post by Teowulff »

Amboadine wrote:Disappointing to see the pledge amount dropping, I was hoping for at least the Peg witch to be unlocked. Got so close and now $10k seems to have dropped out and the amount is yoyo'ing a few k short.

Perhaps some people are jumping to paypal?
.. I don' t really see reason why one would that, though .. afaik it doesn't have any early bird option, either.
But it definitely doesn't make things more transparant; for all we know people already pledged over $1 million ..

Rowena wrote:The last freebie is another amazing dark elf! I personally love her pose and expression and can't wait to paint her.

Yes she's very pretty, I'm very curious how the render is going to look with such a very specific, delicate expression in the artwork!
Cynath ch'ill
Noble

Post by Cynath ch'ill »

...And it's over. I've spent far top much on this but i feel it will be worth it. Now I have to agonised over whether to include the Harpy tower in or get more models.

What's on everyone's list now we know what has been unlocked?
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Still deciding. I pledged for a Major box, so have some wiggle room on what I get.
Happy to see the Cold One command group just sneak through the unlock. Hoping the paypal pledges will clear a few more.
Lion of flanders
Brush Master

Yes, Sinzirith is completely awesome either as a witch elf or a sorceress. I was glad to see the Draaahk riders all unlocked and not focus on the few cool things that aren't unlocked, rather the dozens of über cool figures that this innovative company will be creating over the next year.

I made my own lil' pledge manager for myself with priority 1, 2, or 3 to decide how much I wanted to pledge. What I actually end up buying might well change several times over the next several months....that's what will be so fun! Basically, I've sunk a pile of cash into cool miniatures and now I get to shop for figures!

So much cool stuff. The 3D renders thus far look absolutely awesome. I can't wait for the next step.
That's silly! Playin with little statues, pretendin' they're fightin'! Why not just round up a bunch of real goblins and lettem' whack it out?
Teowulff
Warrior

Post by Teowulff »

Cynath ch'ill wrote:What's on everyone's list now we know what has been unlocked?

Well, mostly troopers:
- What Dark Elves is concerned some Cold One equivalents (even though I already have a lot but I just love the fluff) and some troops (3-5 boxes) that I will choose from once more renders get available. It's going to be a tough call! One or two heroes like Lady Darkryss (although there's already a few in the free bees: Sephea, Zailith, Sinzirith, harpy queen). It is really too bad the sorceress never even made it into stretch goal list as she definitely was one of my favourites (as far as one can tell from the artwork)!
- Also quite some fantasy Sisters, probably the ALL STAR boxes and Blade maidens. Might get 1 unit of angels and probably a hero (priestess of the sun of thorns)
- Lust elves: perhaps the Medusa. At least it's a real Medusa as depicted in the mythology (and not a mermaid)!

SciFi stuff: perhaps some troopers, depending on what pledge amount will remain after the previous categories ..

A lot is going to depend on further information and renders ..
Rowena
Highborn

Post by Rowena »

We're also in mostly for the troops. Lots of blood vestals for witch elves, either sci-fi vestals or spearelves for sisters of slaughter (depending on the renders and on whether we manage to agree on it with Marchosias :D ) and vestal cavalry. As for heroes, we definitely want Kashala for Hellebron (the fanatasy concept has convinced me) and probably some more, but many lovely heroines are in the freebie pack, I especially love Sinzirith and Zailith, but many others as well.
And if I forgot something I hope Marchosias will correct me. :)
My painting blog

Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

So I looked through and played with the pledge calculator (and was very pleasantly surprised), I think I will have a rather large bias towards the lust elves range, mantis warriors, worm riders and what can only be described as what a Keeper of Secrets should look like. Although that vestal cavalry is a must for me along with some decent looking harpies.
Teowulff
Warrior

Post by Teowulff »

By the way, you can still pledge via paypal until the end of april.

There may even be an additional Stretch Goal be unlocked if we get enough additional pledges ...
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Well I have to say the first few updates look great. For those of you not invested in the kickstarter. Here are a few highlights so far;

1e6335f89a336381063505f96dcbc76c_original.jpg

6ca0830f58c246c702a631509e3605f1_original.jpg

59b04e6aacb275f6a132f5edfac58e27_original.jpg

124cd5a4c2d2d6f4ba5f124b841be595_original.jpg

633b8daf88daadb79e9287263a74831f_original.jpg

8890e83472dafd14fb88c4a99b415570_original.jpg

f45365581a3ceb4e9da7e13d5698d84f_original.jpg

c99520b4e4a4a497d849d48f33dca4a3_original.jpg
Rowena
Highborn

Post by Rowena »

And the caldron is in progress as well.

I have to say I'm really excited about the progress. The sorceress is gorgeous (unfortunately it's very unlikely we would use her, but I can still admire the sculpt) and I love the calm pose of the lust elves general. But they're all amazing, Kraash looks very fierce, Zailith will be our witch elf heroine when we need one and the only reason we're not making her Hellebron is Kashala - on the WIP list, by the way.
Too bad Onyx still looks like an acrobat rather than an assasin. Ok, now I at least believe she climbed into the cannon herself, but her pose still screams "circus" to me.
My painting blog

Lion of flanders
Brush Master

Yes indeed, y'all beat me to it on this update. The stuff looks terrific so far, partularly the sorceress. I cannot wait to see the rest of the models. I concur with Rowena, Onyx unfortunately still looks like an acrobat being shot out of a cannon (not a cheerleader anymore, so that's something....and she has an excellent savage expression)....but if the rest of the range has such a high "awesome" to "meh" ratio, it will be wonderful.
Teowulff
Warrior

Post by Teowulff »

Lion of flanders wrote:Yes indeed, y'all beat me to it on this update. The stuff looks terrific so far, partularly the sorceress.

That sorceress seriously is one of the prettiest models I've ever seen!!! :oops:

I wonder how she will turn out once she's cast!!