Custom cauldron almoust ready

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Mtorma
Slave (off the Altar)

Custom cauldron almoust ready

Post by Mtorma »

Started with this kind of concept a long time ago

and after lots of modifications its now like this

Still working on to make the it more like 'chariot' with wheels etc but what i mostly would like to improve is the blood dripping from the hand of avatar. With what could I make the blood more like... gallons-of-blood-pouring-from-the-hand-into-the-cauldron. So how to make continuous wall of blood. Greenstuff isnt gonna look good...

i tried with epoc (epoch epochs... not sure about the english name) glue but found it too fragile to be transported.....
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Re: Custom cauldron almoust ready

Post by direweasel »

The word is epoxy glue, and no, I don't think that's what you want. I think you could probably make something work with a "water effects" substance, and then paint it with the GW "Blood for the Blood God" technical paint to make it look like wet blood.
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
Rowena
Highborn

Post by Rowena »

I'd use (my favourite) crystallic resin plus colour for painting glass, but for that you would probably need a mold or something to pour it on at least. But you could make quite a thick layer if you wanted and achieve a nice colour.
My painting blog

Even without Games Workshop, we will endure. Armies of the Unsupported Age, the models are out there.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Very nice conversion to create.