Conversion Hypothesis

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Soulglaive
Slave on the Altar

Conversion Hypothesis

Post by Soulglaive »

I have an idea of utilizing the updated Lizardmen Carnosaur as a counts as Hydra.

Modeling Dark Elf Beastmasters (3 ish) riding then removing the large glyphs and obvious lizardmen ornaments while replacing them with chains/hooks/scars and other various Druchii encouragement techniques.

Do you expect much resistance or WTF is that moments? I lean towards a more competitive play style and only travel within the south west a couple times a year to "big" events.

Cold One Knights were the deciding factor in choosing Dark Elves in the first place. I think that it would fit right in next to my cold one cav and chariots, and if i ever add a Kharibdyss down the line there would be a clear distinction.

Apparently i need encouragement to drop the $$$ cause i only intend to use them in pairs lol
Rowena
Highborn

Re: Conversion Hypothesis

Post by Rowena »

I would say go for it, but I'm probably biased as I usually prefer conversions to official models. They make the army more unique and eye-catching as well as often stressing a theme. Beastmasters breaking the Carnosaur might definitely look great.
My painting blog

Even without Games Workshop, we will endure. Armies of the Unsupported Age, the models are out there.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Go for it, a friend uses a Carnosaur as Kharibdyss and he looks awesome !

Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

It may look ok but that is definitely worth a WTF moment. I would constantly think of that thing as a manticore or something.
Proud supporter of druchii.net
phierlihy@druchii.net
Vulcan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Vulcan »

Yeah, mounting a rider on it turns it from monster into steed... and therefore a character model.

Avoid the rider, and put beastmasters on the base and it should work.