Recommendations for mounted sorceress.

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Mordrin Spiteblade
Warrior

Recommendations for mounted sorceress.

Post by Mordrin Spiteblade »

Hi all, I'm intending to convert a scourgerunner dark steed and make a peg sorceress. I hate the old mounted sorceress from the cold one model and have already used the sorc from the black dragon model on a dark steed. Does anyone recommend an alternative? I've looked at the old bretonniam mounted damsel and lucrezia belladonna for conversion potential but they are hella expensive on eBay!
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Re: Recommendations for mounted sorceress.

Post by direweasel »

My go-to is the Bretonnian damsel, but if she's not an option, my next plan would be to take a sorceresses top half and try to find a mounted bottom half to marry it to, that isn't heavily armored. Slice em and dice em!
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
Rowena
Highborn

Post by Rowena »

I have seen the newish plastic sorceress with glader rider legs, it looked quite good and would have the advantage of not having to cut metal, as the plastic model is already multipart. (I hate cutting metal)
Or maybe look at other ranges as well? Gamezone does a pegasus sorceress, it should be possible to just not use the wings. They also make an alternative mounted damsel. I can look for other mounted models that might work, but they are always much harder than heroes on foot.
My painting blog

Even without Games Workshop, we will endure. Armies of the Unsupported Age, the models are out there.
Mordrin Spiteblade
Warrior

Post by Mordrin Spiteblade »

Thanks very much for your answers, I've just missed out on the bretonnian damsel on eBay! So taking your idea rowena I've had a think and maybe sisters of the thorn legs with the torso from the cold one sorceress may work. Sourcing the individual bits might prove a bit difficult however but they should fit on the scourgerunner horse with bret pegasus wings I already have.
Darkmark
Beastmaster

Post by Darkmark »

If you don't mind a bit of boob then you could go with the female rider from the Gamezone light cav unit: it costs about 25 euros for the set so you'll get 4 other models as a bonus.