Mini holder for painting.

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
PaintedDeath
Slave on the Altar

Mini holder for painting.

Post by PaintedDeath »

I've seen them all over the place, people use them to hold the mini while painting it. It's generally an old paint pot or a cork or something, easy enough to figure out. However, I'm interested in what they are using to secure the mini to the holder. I assume it's some sort of sticky tack or something. Anyone have any experience with these, or recommendations for using them?
Phox532
Executioner

Re: Mini holder for painting.

Post by Phox532 »

I've heard of people super gluing the models to the top of a paint lid, but I use blue tak and a red bull can. Gets the job done.
Phox Jorkarzul
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

25mm scale I just hold by hand, oftentimes I found the holder got in the way more than anything. With 15mm scale I glue the minis to a big popsicle stick. I can often fit 4 or 5 infantry models on each one.
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

I use old and disused GW bases for painting mounts in case of multibased models or smaller scales, otherwise I don't use a painting mount at all. The amount of times I drop models during painting might drop drastically were I to use decent mounts such as old paint pots, but time saved sticking and unsticking my models to mounts is time gained painting them ;)
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854
taggart
Warrior

Post by taggart »

As i've got magnets in the bases i epoxy a washer onto the lid of a paint bottle :)