Steed Master and Battle Standard WiP

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Mordrin Spiteblade
Warrior

Steed Master and Battle Standard WiP

Post by Mordrin Spiteblade »

Hot on the heels of Halberd-lord I've commenced another kitbash. This time Steed mounted master and BS. A couple of 8th ed games recently and I've hit on the limitations of sticking a BS in a unit on foot. In the first game I failed crucial panic tests for the lack of a re-roll as the BS was stuck in a massive unit unable to get where I needed him, the benefits of bunkering in a Battalion of spearelves eclipsed by the havoc wrought by bad rolling. In the second more successful game I used a Cold One mounted BS and the benefits of mobility were abundantly clear. Also I think a steed master springing out of a Dark Rider Unit having benefitted from look out sir could be a good counter to cannon grapeshot and bolt throwers as well as looking good which is always a consideration!

image[1].jpeg

image[2].jpeg
Mordrin Spiteblade
Warrior

Re: Steed Master and Battle Standard WiP

And Steed Master...

image[3].jpeg

image[4].jpeg

image[5].jpeg
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Nicely conceived conversions there. Looking good.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Really nice conversion!
I like how you pieced that together.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Mordrin Spiteblade
Warrior

Thanks, I'm literally itching to paint them. I toyed with the idea of using the scourgerunner chariot horses but they actually look rather weedy with armoured dreadlords on them. I saw the tiranoc charitot horses used for dark elves before and really like the look of them. Also the high elf noble horse is chunky enough to look right with the dreadlord body. I've used the high elf dragon lord head and by happy accident the plume is blowing in the same direction as the SDC!. The BS is waiting for his SDC to be grafted on and then we're ready for the paint job. As a first bash at green stuff sculpting I like the way the scales on his shoulders look as I was racking my brains trying to think of what to use as clasps!