Mousekillers Beast Herd

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Mousekiller
Warrior

Mousekillers Beast Herd

Post by Mousekiller »

THE BEAST HERD

KHAZRAK THE ONE EYE, Beastlord -- 270 points

Lords: 100% Heroes: 0% Core: 0% Special: 0% Rare: 0%
Total Points: 270.

Increments of War (the army shot - and I know this one is not much of a shot, it will get bigger):

The howls of imperial hounds could be heard in the distance, with the scent of their prey on the wind. But the prey was not worried, with his muscular legs and hooved feet, he could easily outrun any domesticated beast. Filth is what they were, eating from the hands of men and doing man’s bidding as if they had no other choice in the matter. A rare day, to catch the terror of the Drakwald by surprise, but he had been distracted. He could feel another presence in his forest, something foreboding. The empire army had seemed just as surprised, but they outnumbered his small skirmish band nearly ten to one. It was of no consequence, another few hours and he would be completely rid of them, and deep in the heart of the Drakwald again, back to the herd stone, where even the hounds of man dared not enter.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Re: Mousekillers Beast Herd

Post by Amboadine »

Very nice job. Basing looks good too.
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

How exactly did you do the base? I can see static grass, a couple of different grades of sand, and are the orange/red 'fungi' dyed lichen? Or flock? It looks excellent. Ultra-realistic without being overdone. I'm especially impressed that you've taken the time to paint the larger sand 'rocks' differently from the finer sand 'earth'.

The rusty sword and the blood on the whip are very well done too. It's easy to overdo effects like that, but you've got it just right.
"Sometimes, Brother... I dream that I am sane." - Uros the Faceless

Some of my minis - now on Imgur rather than Photosuckit.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Great paintjob and model!
Malys the younger
Beastmaster

Post by Malys the younger »

Great work. I play Beastmen on the side and while I've never been fond of that model you've really done it justice.

The Grim Host of Malys the Younger: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75760

Overall W/D/L: 5/0/3
vs Empire: 1/0/0
vs Wood Elves: 2/0/2
vs Beastmen: 2/0/0
vs Vampire Counts: 0/0/1