Dark Elves from Scylla Models

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
LowRez
Slave on the Altar

Dark Elves from Scylla Models

Post by LowRez »

Hello everyone,
first of all please forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong session, but not quite sure where to put it.
I'm a sculptor and some of my dark elf models are going to be available through http://www.scyllamodels.com , I tought you guys might be interested into them.
There is more that hopefully will be shown soon.
Attachments
firstmate.jpg
slavedriver.jpg
piras_small.jpg
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Dark Elves from Scylla Models

Post by Calisson »

Nice!
Maybe the Painting and Modelling forum would be appropriate.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

I no longer play, but those models do look pretty gorgeous - especially the whips on the girls, which look really cool. I'm sure that you will get some interested folk here :)
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Welcome to the forum!

You have some really nice models there - do they take you long to sculpt?

Can someone bump this over to P&M?
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

I think they look terrific...Very very nice. I might buy a few.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

Nice looking and domineering minies. Just how a dark elf shoyld be
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
LowRez
Slave on the Altar

Post by LowRez »

Thank you all guys, I really appreciate the feedback.

@Cultofkhaine: It depends on the model, usually around 90 hours, up to 160h for the more complex ones. Honestly I don't remember quite well about these specific ones, cause I sculpted them some years back, they are part of a trio that can be used together as a command group.
Vulcan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Vulcan »

The technical work is very well done. Proportions are good, details seem pretty crisp.

The dude definitely has a Dragonball Z powerup thing going. Not my aesthetic, but well executed for what it is.

The girl is quite good. Yes, her feminine... attributes... are somewhat exaggerated; that's to be expected if you want to be able to tell from four feet away. The hipshot stance works with the angle she's cracking the whip, it would take more hip than usual to work a whip in that direction. My only real complaint is the angle of her right foot. You've got it turned in, which makes her look pigeon-toed and off-balance. Having her foot turned to that far out instead makes her look much better balanced. Other than that she's good to go.
LowRez
Slave on the Altar

Post by LowRez »

Hey guys, it's been a while. Just an head up.
The crew is now assembled and ready to set sail next week ;)

I had some problem posting pics right here, so I'll include links. First one is the whole Dark Elves set, second one is a painted one (by me, unfortunately I'm not that good at painting).

http://imgur.com/iSf0Fyz
http://imgur.com/hVH9fVb
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Very cool... but is the guy carrying the flag getting the Monica Lewinsky treatment?
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
LowRez
Slave on the Altar

Post by LowRez »

Red... wrote:Very cool... but is the guy carrying the flag getting the Monica Lewinsky treatment?

Lol nope.
Let's see if the angle in this old wip helps to clarify.
http://imgur.com/a/ZFdo0
Rowena
Highborn

Post by Rowena »

I don't know how much this forum is still alive (I haven't been active anywhere in ages), but just in case it is...

These models are now on kickstarter that ends in three days, so I wanted to bump this thread. I love all the dark elves in there and wish more of them would fit in my army, which unfortunately has a very specific style. (I'm still backing, by the way)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/19 ... =discovery
My painting blog

Even without Games Workshop, we will endure. Armies of the Unsupported Age, the models are out there.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Hey, Rowena, nice to see you back here! :D

D.net is merely the shadow of what it has been, like so many other specialized forums.
Reasons are a combination of:
- the focus generally shifted from all forums to FB or more instantaneous media,
- the community which used to be united around WH is now scattered around die-hard WH, KoW, AoS and T9A, maybe a few other games, and these games either have no specific darker Elven race to discuss about, or they have their own forum where these things can be discussed, or their audience is limited and they do not generate much forum activity.

The reasons why D.net has still something to offer include:
- old timers keep browsing here with nostalgia, and bring in very useful memories of tactics and fluff,
- everyone finds here, and here only, the so cozy Dark Elf atmosphere, including most importantly a taste for similar models,
- here can be discussed all games equally, not necessarily a single one.

There has been an attempt to merge somehow with Ulthuan and Asrai, with the hope to combine activity.
The attempt succeeded technically and the three websites are hosted as a single one.
However, the next envisioned step, to build a single website with three "colors", was not agreed on Ulthuan, so we are left as you see now.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Rowena
Highborn

Post by Rowena »

I'm glad D.net is not completely dead. Marchosias and me have moved to T9A, but for some reason I have never felt at home on their website and forum, so I drifted away instead. D.net would be the easiest place for me to return to. (And now I've started to think I want that :) )

I have actually painted some new models even, I just never got around to photographing them. So maybe if I manage to snap some photos... (I'm doing two hydras and a cauldron of blood/whatever it's called now at the moment. Both really weird.)
My painting blog

Even without Games Workshop, we will endure. Armies of the Unsupported Age, the models are out there.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Rowena wrote:have moved to T9A, but for some reason I have never felt at home on their website and forum
That is precisely the added value of specialized faction's websites over "catch'em all" websites.
This is the main reason to keep D.net alive, ready for a renewed community of fans to appreciate.
LowRez
Slave on the Altar

Post by LowRez »

Rowena wrote:I love all the dark elves in there and wish more of them would fit in my army, which unfortunately has a very specific style. (I'm still backing, by the way)

Hello Rowena, let me thank you. It is always nice when someone appreciate your work :D
Now I'm curious about your army' style..
Rowena
Highborn

Post by Rowena »

My signature should have a link to my painting blog.
Basically my army (and my boyfriend's, we are a team) is somewhere between dark and high elves - the started as a high elf military colony, but contact was broken over some misunderstandings and some differences in outlook on life and duty and now all the bridges have been burnt. Some of the elves still consider themselves what the high elves should be, while others decided that "if they call us barbarians, let us become barbarians for real, it can be fun" and adopted a largely fatalistic view. (This is mostly to explain almost naked witch elves and you have our deepest gratitude for supplying a half naked male elf)

Are you planning to make more models? What kind? :)
My painting blog

LowRez
Slave on the Altar

Post by LowRez »

Rowena wrote:My signature should have a link to my painting blog.
Basically my army (and my boyfriend's, we are a team) is somewhere between dark and high elves - the started as a high elf military colony, but contact was broken over some misunderstandings and some differences in outlook on life and duty and now all the bridges have been burnt. Some of the elves still consider themselves what the high elves should be, while others decided that "if they call us barbarians, let us become barbarians for real, it can be fun" and adopted a largely fatalistic view. (This is mostly to explain almost naked witch elves and you have our deepest gratitude for supplying a half naked male elf)

Are you planning to make more models? What kind? :)

That's a nice army you have, love how it looks together.
Looks like I'm in for another KS, a themed one this time, but can't say what it is :D