The Blood Grail

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

The Blood Grail

Post by Lord Drakon »

Greetings!

I am starting my second army, after I have been collecting and painting Dread Elves for around 20 years now. The choice is the Kingdom of Equitaine, as I always loved the models and the fluff. While I was tempted to make a standard good guys army, the dark side was too strong, and my Dark Elf roots took over. Therefore I made up the following fluff.

A Druchii (Dread Elf) Oracle that started a colony in a dark forest in at the mainland, was visited by a young Grail knight in search for the holy grail. She was able to deceive him, believing him that she was the Lady of the Lake. When he returned to his isolated castle he brought many gifts from her and new ideas. Because when the knights are so noble, how could be possibly care about the well-being of their serfs? Also many generations had understood the grail stories wrong, as the purpose should be to drink from the blood grail, grating eternal beauty and youthfulness. Slowly but surely she was able to transform the knights from the isolated castle into a new sect of the Knights of Equitaine. Those that start holy crusades to fight paganism, to drink from the blood grail and to the quest of becoming the perfect knight.

This particular army is on crusade against the pagan Saurus Ancients, in search of their holy cities for the blood grail. The the knights utterly despise their serfs, and care nothing about their lives. They are sometimes reinforced by Dread Elves instructors or slave drivers and heavy influences by Dread Elf culture. As you might have noticed the Oracle used the magical powers of her cauldron of blood into a magical grail to deceive that young Grail knight once.

I have collected a small Equitainian force of both knights and serfs, here is my first knight, a Grail knight:

I am pretty happy about how he turned out, also making the base was great fun, so I am looking forward to make a whole army with these jungle bases. Also note to my gaming nemesis DeGroteBaas, he is my main opponent playing Saurus Ancients and started to make jungle bases that looked pretty cool. As he is my most regular enemy, I incorporated him into my fluff as main opponent ;)

He also looks nice on a Raptor in case I want to use him as Raptor Knights

All feedback is welcome, so please comment!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: The Blood Grail

Post by Calisson »

Great model! It works very well on a horse.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Duckman5
Corsair

Post by Duckman5 »

Loving the detail on the lance! Gotta show this to my friend who plays Brettonia.
Sabious
Executioner

Post by Sabious »

Aahh fantastic idea. The Black Guard's helmet is a cool knight's helmet. Very, very well done!
With hatred ...
Black Guard

Post by With hatred ... »

Love it, brilliant idea
Cogath_Gloomcaller
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Cogath_Gloomcaller »

This is beautiful. Love how you've kept the detail so keen. Nice!