Your Most memorable Dark Elf Moments

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Witchking
The True Phoenix King
Location: Seven Sinners Council, and secretly giving Decheran the location of Dechalan :)

Your Most memorable Dark Elf Moments

Post by Witchking »

Right this is a place to post your most impressive/ Funny moments when your Dark Elves were involved.

Right here is mine.

Bloodthirster had moved in front oof my troops challanging all and had made my executioners and coldone knights flee. In my turn I charged it with my general on pegasus and my warhydra. In the magic phase I reduced its WS to 1 and in the combat phase my general with the Gauntlet of Power scored 4 wounds and the Veteran Warhydra scored 3 wounds slaying it before it got to strike back. This was in a 3000 point battle where no deamons where left and darkelves lost only a unit of 9 scouts. It was a slaughter.

As i said post your favourite moments here.
Lord of Anger of the Seven Sins Council :twisted:
Survivor of the cursed flames
Master of the Black Arts
Group 12 Minions Destroyed: 132
Group 12 Characters Killed: 006

Aspect of Pointless Killing
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Just wanted to point out 2 mistakes in your story.

Cold One Knights don't test for Terror, because Terror means only Fear to them, as they cause Fear themselves.

Word of Pain cannot be cast into close combat (but it should)!

Bye
Thanee
Sortelveren
Dark Emissary

Post by Sortelveren »

but a nice story anyway!
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! Not even You!!

Hilsen Sortelveren
www.hardwareHQ.dk
Sureal
Master of the Shadows

Post by Sureal »

My oponent was fielding a 40 sauras unit - but i managed toi a take it out with one unit!

My 5 coks charged them in the flank, killing quite a few (strenth 5 and 4 attacks does wanders against them!) and received a grand total of no wounds in return!
The sauras ran and were cut down by pursing knights! Yes! Right into the front of a stegadon... which I also killed whilst only losing one kinght in return! Cool!
Jeremy
Trainee Warrior

Post by Jeremy »

Firstly when playing against Skaven, my Beastmaster on Manticore lands near one of his units of 25 clanrats, makes it flee which sets up a chain reaction and panics his entire army, half of it fleeing off the table

Secondly, my opponent wheels his skeletons, exposing their flank with the famous last words "Those executioners are way out of charge range". I then declare a charge and roll a 5 for my banner of murder and slam right into his flank, and then reveal my assassin with manbane and rune of Khaine.... the unit just disintegrated.
The only constant in the universe is change, the wise adapt
Witchking
The True Phoenix King
Location: Seven Sinners Council, and secretly giving Decheran the location of Dechalan :)

Post by Witchking »

Good Good keep adding your fav moments and as for coldones and terror , Whoops and just to clear up word of pain it was cast the turn before and I had held it and did not cast anything else.
Master of the Black Arts

Dragnipur
Cold One Knight

>grin<

Post by Dragnipur »

My assasin totally trashing a dwarf lord, heavily laden with runes, and deemed almost impossible to kill by my arrogant opponent. And then off course giving him the typical dark elf grin and act like you do things like that every day.
Khaela Mensha Khaine
Witchking
The True Phoenix King

Post by Witchking »

reminds me of a time that my assassin wasted a khorne lord with a good killing blow
Master of the Black Arts

Legionz
Warrior

Post by Legionz »

When i started collecting the Druchii :D 8)
The Jewel-Eyed One

Post by Avatarofslaanesh »

Balthazar melts my spearman units weapons Highborn Loses Gauntlet of Power BSB loses nothing. He charges with a character ridden cavlry unit. He rolls quadrouple 1's and begins swearing. Spearman unit deals 1 wound and subsiquently breaks the unit.

He thought Balthazar would save his units a$$. Stupid Human
Fallen angel
Cold One Knight

Post by Fallen angel »

Here's two:

1. A High Elf player lines up his 25 strong Swormasters against my 2 chariots, sure neither were in charge range. He never was good at guessing... 13 impact hits and 15 dead elves later he conceded :twisted:

2. My Cold One Knights failed 3 stupidity tests in a row, effectively putting them out of the game. Then, in the 6th turn, my 3 Knights charged his Big'uns and general in the flank, and ran them down, getting a draw after my general and motathai had been killed :twisted: :twisted:

Fallen Angel
Play DnD in the Firgotten Realms setting? Have a look at my quick narrative..... http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=21330
Shockwave
Highborn

Post by Shockwave »

This is memorable but for deferent reason's
Old rules 5ed back in the days when i was younger and with beard
during a clan war my lovly witch elfs w/assassin charged a unit of black guard with lvl 4 mage. my assassin jumped out attack the mage cuasing no wounds, then i used the black gem of gnar assassin and mage disappeared. the magic phase came along i unleased the power of the palgue on the black guard killed every single one of them. his turn black gem of gnar failed, back came my assassin and his mage my assassin striked first causing no wounds again mage strikes back kills my assassin.
end result i pay 150pts to KEEP his mage ALIVE!!
serves me right for being such a dwarf
I'd rather lose a closely fought game then have it all sown up in a couple of turns.

Strangely, been here longer than most of the Admin staff.......
Khori
Trainee Warrior

Post by Khori »

This one just happened this morning in a fight vs VC. In a stroke of luck, I had managed to flank a unit of Skeletons including a Vampire Count with my unit of COK including Highborn. Unfortunately, there was a Banshee not more than a half inch away who promptly howled at my COK and rolled boxcars, killing off the unit and leaving the Highborn all by his lonesome (some of the COK had also been killed off by the S7 Vampire). My Highborn and the Vampire duked it out for another round, with me taking a wound from the Gem of Blood. So this left my Highborn taking a break test on Ld4, and I promtply roll a 3. After some jumping for joy and a good deal of laughing, combat continues. This time, my Highborn, armed with the Gauntlet, causes 2 wounds to the Vampire. "Oh great," I thought, "If only I had done one more wound....." when I suddenly remember that my Cold One can attack...So I need a 6 to hit (he had the Cursed Book on him), and I roll...a 6! and a 5 to wound...Another 6! My Cold One had killed the Vampire! At this point my Witch Elves and Dark Riders had just wiped out a unit of Skeletons and my unit of Corsairs was about to flank charge the other unit of Skeletons with his 2 Necros. At this point my opponent conceded as there was no way for him to save the remains of his now crumbling army. I was actually very pleased as I didn't expect to win since I had only used my Dark Elves twice before and he had been using his VC for several years. (Another noteworthy event in this battle was my Assassin leaping out of a unit of Warriors and slaying the Vampire Thrall after 3 rounds of stalemate combat). Talk about beginner's luck! :lol:
Leithel and odd
My own worst enemy

Post by Leithel and odd »

Possibly the strongest orc, Grimgor and 11 of his minion Black Orcs makes up a unit over 700 points. 16 Executioners and an assassin make up a snot load less.

I killed every single black orc AND grimgor in less than 3 turns. My assassin went 1 on 1 with Grimgor for a couple of rounds and ended up winning.
Then, upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking
Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore --
What this grim, ungainly, ghastly, gaunt and ominous bird of yore
Meant in croaking "Nevermore."

E. A. Poe
Adreal_the_immaculate
Assassin

Post by Adreal_the_immaculate »

killing a daemon prince of slaanesh with only repeater crossbows :twisted:
so much for the chaos magic phase
its not the lies that you say, but what the silence will scream
Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Post by Sneaky »

My most memorable was NOT my favourite. There is a High Elf player I play with reasonably often. We were down to our last couple of units, me with a unit of 10 COKs and two units of 5 DR, he with a unit of 8 Silver Helms and a Chariot. His SH wandered into charge range, and I declared the charge, and the DR were to flank. Lo and behold, I FAILED MY F**KING STUPIDITY TEST!!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS THE WORST MOMENT OF MY ENTIRE WARHAMMER PLAYING LIFE!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!

*Breaks down into helpless sobs*
Goodbye.
Killerk
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Killerk »

one of the funniest moment's ( for me at least )
was when I took part in a pair turnament, De were with a VC army, It was a bad day for us, I was down with the flue, and my parkner was on a major hang over, but never the less we were tough and we played.
it was a nice trap we set up for a unit of chaos chosen knight's with a aspiriong champion, a unit of dark rider's attacked them from the rear, a small unit of skiellies from the flank and a chariot from the front, we killed one Knight, lost my chariot and 2 DR, and some skiellies, well the point was we won the combat result do to a musician, our fear causing skiellies had just enough unit strenght to autobrake the knight's, and he rolled 15 on a flee roll, my DR all 3 of them managed to cut down the whole unit by rolling 16.

a different game I charged a unit of cavlary from the regiment's of renown, they failed their Ld test and started fleing through some wood's, my chariot came in afther them, caught them killed them and still survived. the rest of the game thay sat ther in the wood's with one wound, the people who were waching were lauching that the crew is dismanteling the chariot, just to take it out of the dam tree's. I told them that their planing a trap.and in the last turn of the game I managed to kill a corsair with RXB fire. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

It was a kin war.
Also known as Kanadian
Quasekomiki
Highborn

Post by Quasekomiki »

Ok, my most memorable moment (well, the moment I'll never ever forget anyways...)

Playing against O&G.

Shooting had gone pretty bad, so almost the whole of my opponent's army was reaching my battlelines...

My scheme had worked & the Big 'Uns were bracing themselves fo' the charge my 5Cok & CoC were preparing... then I missed my 2 Stupidity tests :( ...

No probs, there is still that Giant I was going to charge & slice to pieces with my Corsairs :twisted: ...and I fail my Horror test :shock: ('t is starting to work on my nerves)

Next turn he charges my execs with his Giant, which, again, fail their Terror test :evil:

Cok & CoK get butchered by the opposing numbers...

Then my turn again, and my Sorceress decides that all those brave warriors running for their petty lives around her isn't to good for her morale either so she decides to split (why isn't there an emoticon with steam coming out of his ears?

My following Ld test went ok again...

Never seen such a bunch of idiotic & undisciplined elves (of any kind!!!)
If you must choose between two evils,
pick the one you've never tried before
Wonko the sane
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Wonko the sane »

My highborn on dragon with black Amulet and blade of ruin killed the HE special character Eltharian. (Sure it's a little unfair, but the dragon mainly fought the griffon.) that's definetly a memorable moment of mine.
Prepare for ludicruos speed!

(what is he, crazy?!!)
Dargo
Trainee Warrior

Post by Dargo »

I finally decided to do something different and field an all infantry army (seriously!) in a 3k game against Nurgle chaos. I got the first turn and the look in my opponent's face was really something to look at, when on the second turn my WHOLE infantry-army charged straight ahead.

The result:
* Witch Elves w assassin broke and later ran down a regiment of 6 chosen knights
* Black Guard decimated Plaguebearers

Later the dice kept rolling both ways and we ended up in a draw, but it was a nice and bloody game.

-------------------
Who mentioned 'unbeatable' and 'tough' chaos knights?
Truant
Dark Rider

Post by Truant »

I have a very good moment to share from my last tournament.

Facing a magical O&G army, the enemy lev 4 shaman casts Mork Save uz! giving him 3 re-rolls (failed dispel), then he casts Gork's Warpath with irresistable force (now my army will crumble with 3 re-rolls I thought).
He smashed down upon my RBT ...making 2 wounds on the machine and no hits on the crewmembers...rolls a 3 (he goes home) he ain't satisfied with it...re-rolls.....and a '1'! :twisted:....I get a big grin upon my face and say:
"hmmmmm I think he'll stomp on your....general!"
He gets a sad look upon his face since his general(lev 4 magician) was in a wood for protection (and therefore not in a unit).
He rolls a 5...and then 4 wounds *SPLAT* and there is no more orc shaman....

Be careful with the magic out there...it might harm you :P
Pain is Temporary
Pride is Forever
Yeurl
Noble

Post by Yeurl »

My most memorable thing happening in a game:

A chaos warlord with mark of khorne on a griffon with axe of khorne decides to charge my "ooops" lonely dark elf lord on cold one, who is wearing the Crimson armour of Dargan and the Van Horstmann speculum, together with a two handed weapon.

Assault phase, he rolls to hit, but I remind him to roll Ld for the Crimson armour, and he promtly fails it. My lord then procceeds to kill the griffon, with help of his cold one, hence the frenzy from the warlord stops working. He stays locked in combat. :)

Next assault phase, he "forgets" again about the Crimson armour of dargan, which I remind him again to roll, and he fails it again. Wow, two Ld roll of 10 or less failed in a row :twisted: . He manages to wound my lord once; my lord retaliates, killing the warlord outright; all attacks hit, all attacks wound, all armour saves failed :).

It was worth a good laugh, but for some reason the Chaos player stopped playing against me for some time...I guess it is hard to dig it up, 500+ points killed by 200 points worth on "stupid dark elf general".

It was 5th edition, though. Now it works different.
Watch your steps, my friend, for your way up is almost as fast as your way down, at the whim of the Witch King
Newdisease
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Newdisease »

I remember a game I had a couple of months ago, over a period of 6 turns my Cold Ones (7 Knights, 1 Highborn and 2 Chariots) failed EVER SINGLE F>>>>>> STUPIDITY TEST, :shock: :evil: :x :shock: :evil: :x 4 11's and 2 12's, luckily it was a draw (Exe's with Hydra Banner hurt a lot :twisted: )

Not pleaesent but very, very funny :?
Don't shoot the messanger they all say, but he'll be the one sitting idly while the whole world goes to hell!
Maegnor
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Maegnor »

Best moment was when my COCs should have charged a unit of Orc Boar Riders but missed their test for stupidity. Moving 3 Inch they were definitly close enough for the countercharge. I really was a little worried as my opponent laught his head off and declared his charge.
Next he failed his test for fear and was wiped out my next turn!

:twisted:
Varanos
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Varanos »

In one battle my opponent charged my Executioners(15) with 6 Silver Helms but fell an Inch short.All that was left was well...nothing.Thats is short and sweet.